Preety_India

Isn't Pickup Unconscious?

303 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, Preety_India said:

I mean I get it a lot of guys are into this thing called pickup game. 

But this thought was in my mind about how unhealthy or unconscious this has to be. 

Guys view dating as a game. They think of it as a sport. They think of it as hunting, fishing or gaming. I mean these are the labels that can be used to describe this phenomenon. 

Then, the question that arises in my mind is, wouldn't I consider the guy a predator? 

The one who hunts is considered a predator. 

So a pua guy picking up my heart isn't a predator? 

I somehow cannot wrap my mind around this whole pickup game and think it's normal or caring.. It looks super predatory to me. 

Also my heart is always looking for true love. I don't want a gamer. But a true lover..

At a time when I'm trying to raise my spiritual vibration, I should condemn something that I see as low conscious or unhealthy. 

I want people to look for real love and cultivate the path to conscious love and not look at love as a means to an end. 

Love should be about loving someone and not hunting or grifting someone to snatch what you want 

Did that make sense at all or nah? 

The thing is that it is way harder for man to find woman, then woman find a man, that is why guys feel in need  to develop such skills. 

The conscious needs the unconscious.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

The conscious needs the unconscious.

That is only apparent to highly self-actualized individuals :)

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2