apparentlynoself

Ireland going into a possible COVID 19 Lockdown for the Second Time

20 posts in this topic

I just read some article that says how Ireland is going into another lockdown because of a rise of cases. Now, I know that protecting people's lives is very important but, yet again, the Irish Economy is getting worse and worse. They are already in a deficit for this year and they suspect an even greater deficit next year. 

What is your opinion on a new lockdown and do you think that it is necessary at this time? Should the schools close?

"A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you're doing it right, but not enough to know you're doing it wrong."

- Neil Degrasse Tyson

15 minutes ago, apparentlynoself said:

I just read some article that says how Ireland is going into another lockdown because of a rise of cases. Now, I know that protecting people's lives is very important but, yet again, the Irish Economy is getting worse and worse. They are already in a deficit for this year and they suspect an even greater deficit next year. 

What is your opinion on a new lockdown and do you think that it is necessary at this time? Should the schools close?

GOOD FOR LIVES.

I was pissed off at their very spiel of opening "PUBS" for the sake of this eat out to help out campaign or was it in the UK, correct me if I'm wrong.

Schools must remain shut.

Whole point of opening schools is to get revenue to pay teachers salary, as far as education goes they barely learn anything of value in damn schools. Better if they study at home amidst the fckin danger.

Moreover, when the f we will get it, is it us who are driving Economy or the Economy driving us?

Edited by ajai

The only problem with this is that schools are apparently going to still be open. That means, nearly all non-essential shops will close leaving businesses dead. 

There is also a load of people that don't want to wear a mask. There was even a protest in Dublin regarding the fact that masks are "dangerous".

"A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you're doing it right, but not enough to know you're doing it wrong."

- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Yea the lockdown is very important. More lives saved. 

Of course lockdowns are pretty depressing. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

A similar situation is unfolding here in the Czech Republic. Schools have gone into a second lockdown, there are public restrictions, small businesses are getting fucked over. The economy is fucked. The deficit is huge, and I presume it will be even worse next year. During the peak phase in March, there were 350 cases daily. When you look up our chart now, you'll see 2000-3500 cases per day. There are 10.69 million people in the country. As much as I value human lives, the long-term consequences of further lockdowns, restrictions, and lack of education will be much, much, much greater than the death toll itself. 

1 hour ago, apparentlynoself said:

The only problem with this is that schools are apparently going to still be open. That means, nearly all non-essential shops will close leaving businesses dead.

Kids need school. You can do without non-essential shops. Businesses only need support from the state. Talking of which...

2 hours ago, apparentlynoself said:

the Irish Economy is getting worse and worse. They are already in a deficit for this year and they suspect an even greater deficit next year.

You don't seem to be familiar with the jargon so it's not clear what you're talking about but the RoI (which is what you call "Ireland", right?) is in the Eurozone which means the government has been told to run a massive deficit by the grownups in Frankfurt who are making sure money keeps flowing. I would gladly step in and buy RoI bonds if the deficit was large enough and I assure you I'm not the only one (look at the BTP market!).

Quit listening to propaganda and drivel.

24 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

A similar situation is unfolding here in the Czech Republic. Schools have gone into a second lockdown, there are public restrictions, small businesses are getting fucked over. The economy is fucked. The deficit is huge, and I presume it will be even worse next year. During the peak phase in March, there were 350 cases daily. When you look up our chart now, you'll see 2000-3500 cases per day. There are 10.69 million people in the country. As much as I value human lives, the long-term consequences of further lockdowns, restrictions, and lack of education will be much, much, much greater than the death toll itself. 

Hi ya,

here we are getting almost 90k cases every single day, yet no hope for another lockdown given the abundance of people making their living out of daily wage and small businesses, wish us good luck, lol?

(INDIA) 

@ajai Good luck y'all brave people. Spend a period of time daily in a blissful state if possible. The true disease really hits down when you separate yourself from the ever-present heaven and the childlike love of life is forgotten. 

Edited by SirVladimir

6 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@ajai Good luck y'all brave people. Spend a period of time daily in a blissful state if possible. The true disease really hits down when you separate yourself from the ever-present heaven and the childlike love of life is forgotten. 

Ohh, that's so good of you, thank-you.

?

48 minutes ago, commie said:

Kids need school. You can do without non-essential shops. Businesses only need support from the state. Talking of which...

You don't seem to be familiar with the jargon so it's not clear what you're talking about but the RoI (which is what you call "Ireland", right?) is in the Eurozone which means the government has been told to run a massive deficit by the grownups in Frankfurt who are making sure money keeps flowing. I would gladly step in and buy RoI bonds if the deficit was large enough and I assure you I'm not the only one (look at the BTP market!).

Quit listening to propaganda and drivel.

I'm sorry. I meant schools should go online. I didn't phrase that correctly. 

Yes, I mean ROI. i just say Ireland because it is more convenient.

A deficit in the budget is never good. The EU will help ROI but for how long? Usually, they give out loans so I don't like the prospect of returning all that money through taxes.

- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Part of the problem is market-driven economies. I think we are at the point in which we need to criticize and question economic systems. We are on an unsustainable path. Even if economies were opened, their are serious systemic problems we need to face and it may be time to face the music and seriously consider re-imagining economic systems - such as Resource Based Economies

People are so focused on short-term thinking about their self survival over the next weeks or months. I get that, yet there are also serious systemic problems that threaten the survival of humans. 

12 minutes ago, apparentlynoself said:

The EU will help ROI but for how long? Usually, they give out loans so I don't like the prospect of returning all that money through taxes.

This isn't about the EU but the EZ. It's not help. Dublin has access to ridiculous amounts of free money. Prague for instance doesn't.

Typically, governments pay loans back with new loans. Everyone who matters is totally fine with this. Don't worry yourself about this stuff.

11 minutes ago, apparentlynoself said:

I meant schools should go online.

Most teens can't do online effectively and most parents can't coach their teens effectively. Smaller kids simply need to be in some kind of school.

Edited by commie

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Part of the problem is market-driven economies. I think we are at the point in which we need to criticize and question economic systems. We are on an unsustainable path. Even if economies were opened, their are serious systemic problems we need to face and it may be time to face the music and seriously consider re-imagining economic systems - such as Resource Based Economies

People are so focused on short-term thinking about their self survival over the next weeks or months. I get that, yet there are also serious systemic problems that threaten the survival of humans.

The thing is that local & global consciousness is not there yet. I cannot even imagine how massive the transformation would be even if taken with the smallest steps possible. The transition must be intently planned & coordinated from yellow/turqouise pov.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

The thing is that local & global consciousness is not there yet. I cannot even imagine how massive the transformation would be even if taken with the smallest steps possible. The transition must be intently planned & coordinated from yellow/turqouise pov.

Yea, most of the world is immersed within immediate needs of survival for themself and family. And most people are only thinking days to months ahead. They don't have the luxury of taking meta views of sociological-ecological-economic integrated systems. Yet I question whether that is the biggest barrier. In the context of SD, serious crises drive upward evolution to the next level for survival. As well, problems become too complex for simpler systems to handle - which necessitates upward evolution. 

I see the main problems as being a lack of imagination and maturity due to too many people being in Tier 1 as well as infrastructure that limits us. In particular, infrastructure that support a market based economy. A market based economy based on profit taking has become a social pathology and has corrupted various areas - including science, politics, global trade, technology and more. 

Imagine an isolated Tribe 1,000 years ago. Could they imagine the field of science, industry and a market based economy? No way. Likewise, people in Tier 1 cannot imagine what a Tier 2 system would look like. And those with power at Orange will stronger resist higher order systems like a Resource Based Economy. 

I think technology will be a key in creating more effective systems, yet technology is developing faster than human consciousness. Technology will reflect the conscious level of the society that creates and uses it. Red/Blue will want to develop technology for war against their enemies and rival nations. Orange will want to use technology for profiteering. We see this today with the military industrial complex in the U.S., corporations like Facebook, and innovators like Elon Musk. The underlying motivation is to develop and use technology in a way that increases profit, personal power and national power. 

With a massive crisis, more people may open up for new visions. Yet we need more Yellow level minds to articulate such visions in a way Tier 1 can understand and support. Regular people seem divided, yet they are also desperate. My hope is that we will hit a critical mass of Tier 2 thinkers that can break through all the resistance of distraction we have today. Yet the yellow minds in this area like Said Dawlabani and Peter Joseph are obscure youtuber and speakers. I've noticed Deepak Chopra and Sadhguru entered this area with some practical meta insights, which I think helps - yet the winds of historical infrastructure, norms, markets, corporations, social media etc. is really hard to break through.

I've tried to explain this in a college course I'm teaching and nearly all the students are more concerned about their social life, social media, cultural stuff and what will be on the test. Social conditioning runs deep. 

19 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Said Dawlabani and Peter Joseph are obscure youtuber and speakers

Their content is just great! Thank you for mentioning them. Obscure is good: Listening to them intently without first thinking much about the presentation itself is bringing the insights.

19 hours ago, Forestluv said:

nearly all the students are more concerned about their social life, social media, cultural stuff and what will be on the test.

Is it the freshman year SD course? Do they recognize their concern with the "little" stuff?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:37 PM, SirVladimir said:

In and as collective co creation as well. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 10/5/2020 at 5:55 PM, SirVladimir said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Small business here in the UK is so fucked, millions of jobs will be lost. 

It's like people struggle to look at long term consequences of literally shutting down a country. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Sendin' some positive vibes over to ya. I've been in the UK once. Lived in a family. Saw the Stonehenge. Lovely country. Enough rains too. I love rain. People always leave me dancin' in it alone. Don't know why. As if they had somethin' to lose. :/

@SirVladimir Haha, you get bored of the rain after dealing with it every winter and the summers only last a few months! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi