Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okulele

Psychedelics don't take care of the body

16 posts in this topic

Here is a view on psychedelics, that discourages the usage of them.

-they bypass the body

-they are tamasic (sattva-rajas-tamas)

-they exhaust the endocrine system 

What do you think?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Meh, he dismisses the power of the consciousness that is possible with something like 5-MeO or DMT or salvia.

No way you will access that naturally through his meditation programs. Bliss and peace of mind is not the same thing as Infinite Consciousness and I gaurantee none of his students have accessed Infinite Consciousness.

Of course they are not an ultimate solution. You will still have to do meditative work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh, he dismisses the power of the consciousness that is possible with something like 5-MeO or DMT or salvia.

No way you will access that naturally through his meditation programs. Bliss and peace of mind is not the same thing as Infinite Consciousness and I gaurantee none of his students have accessed Infinite Consciousness.

Of course they are not an ultimate solution. You will still have to do meditative work.

You endorse Salvia now? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You endorse Salvia now? 

No, just an example.

It's a great example when meditation teachers pretend like meditation can get you there. Salvia shows you, No you are fooling yourself.

Nothing will humble you like a puff of salvia. That shit is insane. You won't understand what consciousness can do without it. Consciousness is so much more radical than any meditation teacher knows.

Be careful. It will be the scarieat thing in your life. You will cry for mommy. You will beg God to give you your sanity back, and God won't.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, just an example.

It's a great example when meditation teachers pretend like meditation can get you there. Salvia shows you, No you are fooling yourself.

Nothing will humble you like a puff of salvia. That shit is insane. You won't understand what consciousness can do without it. Consciousness is so much more radical than any meditation teacher knows.

Be careful. It will be the scarieat thing in your life. You will cry for mommy. You will beg God to give you your sanity back, and God won't.

Hadn't planned on touching Salvia. :P 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Haha, he is like Rupert Spira, but 20% cooler. Thanks for sharing.

It’s hard to believe all these teachers who come to same conclusions - ralston, sadhguru, this guy and others hate on psychs so much by focusing on the physiological aspects of it. 

I’m guessing most of them just realize it’s a state and then say you cannot gain anything from it because it’ll go away, but isn’t a “human” life the same way just way longer?

there’s certainly potential damages and meditation is a lot safer and I’m not wise enough to say it won’t affect my energy systems in an adverse way but I suppose if you want to cut to the truth at all costs regardless of potential damages to your human body then they are for you. 

i certainly want to try psychs a couple times but I am afraid that they can harm the physiology of the body and the energy systems etc. 

probably not more than a bad diet  and other vices.... and really if you’re conscious enough I do believe you can heal yourself of any potential damage. 

it certainly sucks to see so called “enlightened people” shitting on them

having said all of this I doubt I’ll have the balls to do dmt/salvia and other radical psychs but I will most like regret it if I don’t. 

8 minutes ago, Gidiot said:

it certainly sucks to see so called “enlightened people” shitting on them

To be fair, this guy did not shit on them. His communication was very balanced and reasonable.

But the thing you gotta ask this guy is, "What kind of psychedelics? How much of them did you do? And in what settings?" << That is the key question when a guru starts talking about psychedelics. Ask them that question and you will probably realize that they are utterly inexperienced.

"Yeah, bro, I took 8 grams of mushrooms back in high school at a rock concert and puked. I don't recommend it."

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No way you will access that naturally through his meditation programs.

Well, to be fair, you probably have no idea what his meditation programs do.

It is kind of possible, that using a steady, non-psychedelic approach produces a completely different awakening, (let's say a really embodied one) that you have no clue about, since you didn't go through it (same as you claim that they have no clue about the states that 5-MeO produces).

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

2 hours ago, okulele said:

Here is a view on psychedelics, that discourages the usage of them.

-they bypass the body

-they are tamasic (sattva-rajas-tamas)

-they exhaust the endocrine system 

What do you think?

Amazing video .

And this is what the nuance behind these practices is, it's like the truth now people who fancy this idea of just using "psychedelics" for the expansion of consciousness beyond normal won't get.

This related to the essence of your being.

Now these practices is like short-circuit in an electric circuit, you get the maximum current terminal voltage being zero ( materially speaking)

The essence of prakriti as he also mentioned It comprises of 3 qualities or gunas.

Sattva, Rajas, Tamas

Tamas- Action that is undertaken because of delusion, disregarding consequences, without considering loss or injury to others or self, is called Tamasic.

So these practices would definitely escape you out of your normal consciousness to absolutely infinitum but you see the effect is gonna last only for some time, than you are back.

Now, as per my current understanding two things are possible either you breakthrough to embody what you have experienced and for it you might have to go for multiple trip sessions to really figure out what it is, or otherwise you are trapped in the confusion of the radical difference of the two states, because you didn't maneuver step by step to reach that higher state of consciousness and hence is this trap or dilemma of what the fuck was it, here is where the role of a teacher comes in who let's you embody and figure out what the heck is it, now this is only possible if you are really serious to figure out the essence of your SELF. But as most people with their sloppy understanding and stupid approach to things in general, approach these substance in the same way too and hence will be screwed cause it takes responsibility to use such substances real understanding and awareness, yes they look fancy and stuff I get it but then every other thing is, that claims to pacify yourself that it will you give PEACE and BLISS and ECSTASY.

That's why Teachers like these are vigilant to not recommend such products even if they know how radical and helpful they can be they would still prefer to not suggest these substances cause they feel they are liable and this what responsibility is all about it's about telling what's good for masses in general.

That's why he assertively said what we need is more Sattvic quality which is nothing but the quality of balance, harmony, goodness, purity, universalizing, holistic, positive, peaceful, virtuous.

That is it I don't say either it's good or bad that's totally subjective in my opinion, you and your experience will decide that for you who am I to tell you with full confidence whether they are good or bad to use such substances and I reckon no good teacher with some sense of responsiblity would do it amongst strange mass of people or where you don't know about every single individual you are putting forth your lesson to, there you talk in general sense, you prefer to sprinkle a glimpse of Bliss not the whole bottle of Bliss. You see some of these people are really smart.

Edited by ajai

2 hours ago, okulele said:

Well, to be fair, you probably have no idea what his meditation programs do.

Well, to be more fair, he probably has no idea what my psychedelics do.

Melt the ego mind to find god... It doesn't end well for everyone but for most it ends well.

Psychedelics don’t take care of the body, self-love does. And psychedelics can be useful for practicing self-love.

They can help embody for sure during the integration period. I became far more aware and able to let go of sensations and blockages after my trips. Thing is the trip doesn’t after the DMT is out of the system. You still have to do other practices and integration work. I’ve found that psychedelics are useful for me very rarely, like one super deep trip once a year then spend the rest of the year integrating.

The Shaman I go to is fairly conservative.  He says the plant teacher downloads your homework and the real work begins after the ceremony.  If you don’t do your homework, you might not get anything the next time you take it.  It is also better to able to learn more using less medicine.   I am currently integrating with a healer who understands the medicine.

Vincit omnia Veritas.