Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravlondon

Quarter Life Crisis

6 posts in this topic

Are there any examples of people in popular culture that reached their prime in their 40ies.

I'm currently 25 and realise that I will have to be personally responsible for my success and have had many setbacks after my dysfunctional teen years to get up to the level of a "normal" person.

Most people seem to become "successful" before 30 and I fear that I won't hit any glory days till at least my late 30s.

Any examples of people who became rich, happy later in life?

45 minutes ago, ravlondon said:

Are there any examples of people in popular culture that reached their prime in their 40ies.

I'm currently 25 and realise that I will have to be personally responsible for my success and have had many setbacks after my dysfunctional teen years to get up to the level of a "normal" person.

Most people seem to become "successful" before 30 and I fear that I won't hit any glory days till at least my late 30s.

Any examples of people who became rich, happy later in life?

There's plenty. But if you're doing the spiritual work, you're likely going to figure out very quick that success and riches do not necessarily constitute the glory days. They are not necessarily even a sign of maturity. You may want to reconsider your marker for success.

@aurum Becoming wealthy is to free up time to work on creative expression. I'm not looking for a materialistic life, but one where I can be myself.

We tell ourselves these narratives of being in a certain position by a certain time in our lives. These narratives are great for motivating us to take positive action, but life rarely goes to plan.  If you compare your life to someone else's, you are doing both of you a disservice. 

The guy that founded KFC achieved 'success' in his 60s.

Charles Darwin, Stan Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, Henry Ford, etc did their best and lucrative work later than their 40s too

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi