Adam M

Praise for Leo's Conspiracy Video

79 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

conspiracy theory video is good. but some of the things he said on pedophile is simply projecting his thoughts outside, without deeply catalyze it, expecting or wishing to be accepted. he didn't say it from his inside truth, he simply project without deeply believing or thinking about it. that's what I feel, while he speaking. 

On 05/10/2020 at 0:59 PM, Dryas said:

Do you disagree with what he said on the pedophile issue? If so what's your take on it? 

@Consept no he propose good idea, but some time Spritual people project hard idea to others to test how people react, or most difficult thing for them to accept. at this time his suggestion is seen as morally wrong and unaccepted and difficult for people mind. low consciousness people who train themselves on vr can go directly and do it. but as idea it is totally OK to talk and discuss about it. 

The video was very natural and I was expecting Leo to take the angle that he did. As soon as I grasped that he is speaking about the topic from an all-inclusive angle (which he naturally does), it didn't matter what he said going forward. It was obvious how he would tackle several questions and it also caused my mind to look into various conspiracy theories and to see the stupidity of it all.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:02 AM, Adam M said:

This is such an ideologically charged topic!

The oceans of self-righteous commenters under Leo's video trying to prove him wrong are ironically proving him right.

Kudos you to Leo! You've made an excellent structural analysis of the situation and I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Of course, there are parts of the video where I may disagree with the content, overall the structure is ??.

At the beginning of the video I was like "oh boy, Leo's about to dig himself into a hole."

But, you ended up making a beautiful analysis that strikes right at the heart of the problem and is sure to stir up TONS of backlash. Many egos have built their worldviews using conspiracy theories as a basis and this video is sure to cause them to demonize you.

My girlfriend is especially angry with you. Great work! ;)

It takes a very open mind to see what's being pointed out in the video. Once you see it, it's over!

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nice conspiricizing there.

Maybe it's you -- the devil -- who is muddying all the waters? Ever consider that?

The CIA doesn't need to muddy the waters when the people are so naturally stupid by default.

Thanks and yea i've considered that. But is it really fair to call these gullible people "naturally stupid" when it's the gates foundation pouring fluoride into the drinking water, which makes those individuals brains shrink like the testicles of a monk?

pls don't ban :)

do you guys think the adversaries of the "west" like Russia, China etc. are fueling a lot of those conspiracy theories in the west, so that there is more division, in-fighting and confusion?

8 hours ago, Origins said:

The more nuanced you become the less people are able to understand.

More nuance makes understanding less accessible for many reasons. The window of transmission narrows. The receiver needs a higher level of open-mindedness, curiosity and willingness to put time and effort into learning and expanding their view. There are all sorts of blocks on the receiver end. As well, the margin of error decreases for the transmitter. The transmitter must articulate with more precise meanings of words relative to how the receiver interprets. The transmitter also needs a balance of simplicity and complexity - if they undershoot or overshoot, the chance of misunderstanding increases. And the transmitter needs to be aware of blocks in the receiver. It's much more than the science of intellect and concepts - there is also the art of intuition and connection.

I worked under an intellectual that couldn't communicate his ideas. When he wrote and spoke, everything made sense in his own mind yet he was never able to see it from the perspective of the receiver. From the perspective of the listener/reader, it was a mess. I would often "translate" his manuscripts before submission to publication. I could figure out what he was trying to communicate and re-write it in a way that normal people could understand. Yet it took a lot of work. I've also re-written manuscripts of academics whose second language was English - it's a similar process. 

2 hours ago, Forestluv said:

More nuance makes understanding less accessible for many reasons. The window of transmission narrows. The receiver needs a higher level of open-mindedness, curiosity and willingness to put time and effort into learning and expanding their view. There are all sorts of blocks on the receiver end. As well, the margin of error decreases for the transmitter. The transmitter must articulate with more precise meanings of words relative to how the receiver interprets. The transmitter also needs a balance of simplicity and complexity - if they undershoot or overshoot, the chance of misunderstanding increases. And the transmitter needs to be aware of blocks in the receiver. It's much more than the science of intellect and concepts - there is also the art of intuition and connection.

I worked under an intellectual that couldn't communicate his ideas. When he wrote and spoke, everything made sense in his own mind yet he was never able to see it from the perspective of the receiver. From the perspective of the listener/reader, it was a mess. I would often "translate" his manuscripts before submission to publication. I could figure out what he was trying to communicate and re-write it in a way that normal people could understand. Yet it took a lot of work. I've also re-written manuscripts of academics whose second language was English - it's a similar process. 

Nice analysis of this phenomenon!

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I think this is a great point, a lot of very intelligent scientist and academics have trouble communicating ideas to lay people, this creates a big divide because in turns people off as the information is inaccessible. So this is really a skill in of itself and very, very important, I would say Leo is pretty good at it, but i think with this topic and other topics where people are really tied to beliefs you have to factor in the heavy bias in trying to hold onto established beliefs, this is very hard to break down 

1 hour ago, Consept said:

but i think with this topic and other topics where people are really tied to beliefs you have to factor in the heavy bias in trying to hold onto established beliefs, this is very hard to break down 

Yes,  the receiver needs higher levels of open-mindedness, curiosity and willingness as the material gets more nuanced and complex.

@Leo GuraLate to the party, but in all sincerity that was one of your best videos.  While I don't see it convincing anyone who's already down the Conspiracy rabbit hole (for the reasons you describe), it's one of the best resources I've ever come across for people who want a deeper understanding Conspiracy Theories on both a practical and an epistemological level, and something I would recommend to someone who's disturbed by the harms of Conspiracy Theories but may not understand it on a deep level.

And considering the challenges society is facing right now, I also think it's one of the most timely and important videos I've seen over the last year or two of watching your channel.

Kudos man.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

The comments on the video also serve as a good spiritual practice. Those comments help in stepping in those shoes and looking at the material from that paradigm. 

@Leo Gura What if you do that but also visit the ones you work on later to watch it fully again? :D
People just watched the 20 mins and assumed that's all you said.
why the fuck do you even start watching 2 hour video discussing something if you aren't finishing it xD 

Edited by Pouya

I enjoyed his video on libertarianism. It confirmed many things I suspected about the philosophy but couldn't put into words. He has a conspiracy video? I'll have to give it a watch, given I hold some beliefs that might be considered "conspiracy" though I fully admit it doesn't really matter if 9/11 was an inside job or not.. "world events" don't really matter, they are a distraction that fuels the ego, in my opinion.  I still think some here on these forums hold positions that are too strong and dogmatic in some respects, and they'd be better served by relaxing a bit and realizing that they can't force the entire world to be like them, nor should they get upset if they can't. B|  It does no good to "hate the haters." 

Edited by sholomar

Like a lot of his content, I think it only becomes useful if someone is already at a certain stage of development, as this video isn't really something you can show someone who's down a Conspiracy Rabbit to get them to question their own views, as the ego backlash will prevent them from getting anything out of the video (especially the opening 20 minutes).

But that's not the video's goal; it's more to get people who already aware of the dangers of Conspiratorial Thinking to have a deeper understanding of why the mindset behind Conspiratorial Thinking is flawed, knowledge that they can then use in more practical ways when they're interacting with people in the real world  (or at least that's the sense I got from the video).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 10/5/2020 at 2:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

You'd have to be crazy like a fox to sit through an entire one of my videos.

We are all crazy foxes on this forum. 

2 hours ago, Michal__ said:

We are all crazy foxes on this forum. 

Some of you are just crazy minus the fox :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Some of you are just crazy minus the fox :P

Lol