Adam M

Praise for Leo's Conspiracy Video

79 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

It's shouldn't be like a religious fundamentalist who obviously should be expected to get upset when challenged, because it's more fundamental to their identity as a self.

But that's the rub, conspiracy theorists use their theories to ground their meaning and reality. They need those theories to explain the world and to explain things like evil. Taking that away from them is like taking away a child's baby blanket.

Without the conspiracy theories they will have an existential / epistemic crisis.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Matthew Santoro commented under that video, about something Leo addressed later on in the video for like an hour.

Conspiracy theories seem really popular in America than the rest of the world.

It's interesting to note that many "spiritual" people are also big conspiracy theorists. Goes to show the diversity in spirituality. These "spiritual" people are probably motivated more by exotic and cool ideas, than actually finding the Truth. Differentiating between actuality and speculations/beliefs is a basic requirement in this work. Finding reliable sources of information is crucial to understanding politics, history, etc. 

@Leo Gura A video about identifying and finding reliable sources would be very helpful for your audience, especially those interested in politics. 

@Leo Gura some things have no conspiratorial quality in them aside from the label it gets put under. Scientists are spraying the atmosphere in response to climate change. It is known science but it gets labeled a conspiracy theory because a website called Wikipedia has a ready made answer in the front page of a search engine.

Leo, there is nobody to blame but the commoner would be outraged to acknowledge some of the things that are happening. 

Anybody with a set of eyes can tell a difference between condensation & a delibrate exercise that happens routinely all around the world. 

2 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Have you or a family member ever had direct experience with Russian corruption?

Of course. My Dad was a stage Red Russian businessman and con artist.

It's mafia stuff. I know the whole game.

If anything, Leo's opening statements might have been a bit too general and sweeping. If he approached the topic with a bit more finesse it probably would have prevented a large portion of people getting triggered. I'm not gonna lie. A few of his statements struck a nerve in me, but being patient and sticking it out 'til the end proved to be worth it. 

Edited by RickyBalboa

@Leo Gura I think your audience is more likely to be full of conspiracy theorists, since we can be non-conformist and explore weird rabbit holes. Your channel and content being an example of one from the perspective of a blue pilled normie.

Also, I think people realise they're living in a false reality but project it outward. 

There are degrees to conspiracy theorist fans. I'm probably similar to someone like Joe Rogan who'd be like "Yeah that could be true" but forget about the theory the next day, and it doesn't consume their thinking. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Hell yeah! I've asked Leo for this video a while ago at the beginning of the covid-19 breakout. Will definitely watch.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Average view duration for that video is about 20:38

The typical is 22 to 23 mins.

I would take this as a hint and try making a few short (20 minutes max) videos just for a change. The average mind is only capable of being focused for about 20 minutes, plus you dumb everything down to the simplest bits. How about making a couple of short videos on a couple of small topics without breaking them down to the detail level? Do you plan on experimenting with this? Or is the fear of creating ideology/cult holding you back?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Leo Gura Brilliant video!

I think your type of content attracts a lot of conspiracy theorists cause it takes open-mindedness to listen about you being god etc.

Intelligent and close-minded = materialist scientist type = will not be interested in that type of content

Stupid but open-minded = conspiracy theorist type

Of course, I'm generalizing here but you get my point

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Leo Gura

I liked the point about if there were a group of elite's planning to enslave the world, what makes you think they would all agree and like be unified, like a council of cartoon villains. 

I had a similar realisation when I was in Duomo in Florence, staring at the roof painting inside the dome. 

1) What would all the monster's do in their spare time when not terrorising humans? 

- Did they hang out together, have other interests or needs or did they get drained from all the hard work and need a rest? 

- If they didn't have any of these needs, why serve a master at all? 

2) Given that they are presumably of "poor character", how did they get along and play as a team, given they are likely self serving and there's multiple types of demon?   (There's a frog creature, Medusa, stock standard devil, dancing skeleton,  a giant dragon) 

This sounds ridiculous, but. I speculate that the painting was created to inspire fear in the medieval mind, yet they could have pondered these points themselves as well.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.58.07 pm.png

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Any specifics? Maybe a nice story?

So when you were making the spiral dynamics stage red video you really knew where you were coming from.

Where you ever harmed during this? And di you grow up in a cushy environment or a difficult one?

This would make a good blog video

It's a very long and complicated story, full of illegal things that would shock most people.

Some day I will tell it, but not now.

It was cushy and toxic and difficult all at the same time.

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Leo Gura I think your audience is more likely to be full of conspiracy theorists, since we can be non-conformist and explore weird rabbit holes. Your channel and content being an example of one from the perspective of a blue pilled normie.

Yeah, that makes sense.

People too easily confuse my advice of "radical openmindedness" as an invitation to believe all sorts of crazy shit. But conspiracy theorists are the opposite of openminded. Their mind is locked onto their pet theories like a dog chewing a bone.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

I would take this as a hint and try making a few short (20 minutes max) videos just for a change. The average mind is only capable of being focused for about 20 minutes, plus you dumb everything down to the simplest bits. How about making a couple of short videos on a couple of small topics without breaking them down to the detail level? Do you plan on experimenting with this? Or is the fear of creating ideology/cult holding you back?

I have always had plans to make short videos, but somehow I haven't gotten around to it.

I want to make a series of short videos for newbies. But ironically, making good short videos requires more time, work, and planning than making longer ones.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have always had plans to make short videos, but somehow I haven't gotten around to it.

I want to make a series of short videos for newbies. But ironically, making good short videos requires more time, work, and planning than making longer ones.

Sounds great! And yeah I can totally see how this is the case. You prepare your bullet points and then you just let your self go, and then the videos make themselves by themselves. And in some magical way, they come out perfect. But to make shorter videos you'd have to be very careful and selective with your words and with the type of information provided and its degree and depth, which takes time and effort.

One thought that comes to mind is that your videos aren't usually open-ended. The systematic approach starts and ends methodologically and it doesn't leave much room for the recipient to continue the contemplation on their own. I think it would be nice to see some changes regarding this, but I'm just speculating and you know better.

Yeah thanks Leo for doing this vid, I've been waiting for it. I'm not surprised at the comments, there is an interesting dichotomy with conspiracy theorists in that they say they're only interested in facts and the mainstream isn't interested in facts, but in reality they're the most emotionally invested people you'll come across. These are hard beliefs and if anyone even questions them at best they're sheep but at worst they're a shill or involved or whatever you get angry, defensive comments. 

Although I think the video is important, in reality those that are developed enough to see through conspiracies will agree and understand, but those that believe them will do some kind of mental gymnastics to sustain their beliefs, most likely it will be an attack on Leo. That's a standard tactic to discredit the speaker. So hopefully it plant's a seed in conspicists but I think fir the most part it will just get them more riled up. Either way a brave topic to cover from Leo 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Average view duration for that video is about 20:38

The typical is 22 to 23 mins.

Do you also have a bar chart available? Would be interesting how many quit during the first 5 minutes & how many stay till the end.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I just love going through the comments section in that video ahaha.

8 minutes ago, Dryas said:

I just love going through the comments section in that video ahaha.

"Leo is a CIA shill! Look at that pedophile-pyramid logo! Hes being run by the Jews to create a NWO!"

something like that?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

"Leo is a CIA shill! Look at that pedophile-pyramid logo! Hes being run by the Jews to create a NWO!"

something like that?

Not exactly, but I think Leo upset many of his regular viewers. It wouldn't surprise me if they bought into a few conspiracies since actualized content isn't popular stuff.

3 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Not exactly, but I think Leo upset many of his regular viewers. It wouldn't surprise me if they bought into a few conspiracies since actualized content isn't popular stuff.

The funniest thing is when people say "This was too far Leo, gotta unsubscribe now"

Translation "Hey, Leo, your opinion isnt the same as mine, therefore Im not gonna listen to you anymore"

It really shows you where alot of people are coming from. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!