Ook

Ending wage slavery?

15 posts in this topic

What if your life purpose was to end wage slavery? No one likes to work 9-5. I see people being exhausted, not having enough time for themselves and being downright miserable with their jobs. It crushes my heart to see that. 

Has anyone thought of such purpose before? 

1 hour ago, Ook said:

What if your life purpose was to end wage slavery? 

It is possible. 

You can create robots/automation that produce material abundance so that the base needs of the world are satisfied. 

Once that is achieved, we can all just sit around and read Shakespeare. 

8 hours ago, Ook said:

What if your life purpose was to end wage slavery? No one likes to work 9-5. I see people being exhausted, not having enough time for themselves and being downright miserable with their jobs. It crushes my heart to see that. 

Has anyone thought of such purpose before? 

Yes. Because wage slavery is a symptom of unconsciousness and our broken systems.

A conscious society could not have wage slavery. So if you feel your purpose is to raise the consciousness of the planet, which is likely everyone on this forum, then you're contributing to ending wage slavery.

If you specifically want to tackle wage slavery as a life purpose, perhaps consider a career in economics / government. Up to you how you want to manifest your contribution.

14 hours ago, datamonster said:

It's about what you are actually doing every day and under what conditions. Employee or self-employed is just what you are legally on paper.

Good point

@JosephKnecht Ha! Nice

@aurum Great response, thank you!

9 hours ago, aurum said:

Yes. Because wage slavery is a symptom of unconsciousness and our broken systems.

A conscious society could not have wage slavery. So if you feel your purpose is to raise the consciousness of the planet, which is likely everyone on this forum, then you're contributing to ending wage slavery.

If you specifically want to tackle wage slavery as a life purpose, perhaps consider a career in economics / government. Up to you how you want to manifest your contribution.

So true! Sadly, I'm not sure we will see a system where our basic needs (Shelter & Food + Water) are taken care of, and then the people are free to focus on their Passions, LP, Growth etc in our lifetimes. 

One of the best ways to escape WS for young people is to suck up living with your parents for a few extra years, build a business / your career & then start investing in conscious businesses / real estate, and create income that covers your basic needs. 

Then, instead of hoarding money, reinvest (sensibly of course) your profits into businesses & projects that keep pushing humanity forward. 

If we see more and more wealthy people doing this we can start to move forward.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Sadly, I'm not sure we will see a system where our basic needs (Shelter & Food + Water) are taken care of, and then the people are free to focus on their Passions, LP, Growth etc in our lifetimes. 

I'm actually more optimistic. Mainly because either we do that OR we are heading for total societal collapse. There really is no middle ground. The current systems are completely unsustainable.

Already we are seeing big pushes for Universal Basic Income and Universal Basic Services. These are not fringe ideas anymore, Andrew Yang damn near became the democratic nominee with UBI as his platform.

Of course UBI / UBS is not enough. But it shows that we are starting to think differently, and that's what is most important. The scarcity of modern society is fake. We just need to change our thinking.

You have received some really good advice here. Make sure to act on it from the bottom of your heart. Make sure whatever you hold true is your bliss. Ending wage slavery could be an exciting purpose for you. ^_^

However, remember that wage slavery is a state of mind. I would be more happy a teacher living to raise my students rather than building a classic business (excluding my LP) and going down the "capitalism-winner" rabbit hole. I used to crave all that passive freedom, but Ayahuasca has beaten the devil out of me like Bob Ross out of his brush. Each to their own.

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir Or create conscious products that help people & produce you income. Win-Win.

I get your point tho. 

@aurum Well we’re defo Near the end of Orange, I guess it’s just how we develop into green that’ll set the precedence for how quickly we evolve.

Good point, so you think it’ll happen in what kind of timeframe?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

15 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@SirVladimir Or create conscious products that help people & produce you income. Win-Win.

En route :x

17 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I guess it’s just how we develop into green that’ll set the precedence for how quickly we evolve.

Yep. I fear the move to Green will be preceded by a violent Gamma phase, as described in the Phases of Change in Spiral Dynamics. I personally think this applies to the USA more than to any other nation. 

@SirVladimir what’s that exactly? 

1 minute ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@SirVladimir what’s that exactly? 

Which part of my message do you mean?

@SirVladimir violent gamma phase, the SD part.

22 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@SirVladimir violent gamma phase, the SD part.

Here is a basic summary.

http://www.spiral-dynamics.com/faq_change.htm

The phases are like sub-categories of each stage. They somewhat correlate to Cook Greuter's model, as does the whole model of SD.

The transition from one SD stage to another does not have to be violent; the trap can be avoided, but usually people "try more of the same old thing" and dig a hole under themselves. A problem cannot be solved on the same plane at which it was created.

Edited by SirVladimir

a guaranteed livable income is what this would look like which is something still very far off for most countries. some are starting to experiment with it though but all sorts of institutions and factors have to be in place for it to work properly. in the future we won't have super rich people.