RedLine

How can you still love your wife after enlightenment?

34 posts in this topic

You realize that she is just an image in your mind. You fell in love with an image that doesn´t even exist. Also, the image that you think she has in her mind about you is imaginary -of course it is not what she has in her mind-. I mean you could still love her as Absolute Consciusness but you are not loving your wife in the same way anymore. 

I got that realization year ago when I wasn't even involved in spirituality. I felt like love and relationship are based in fake asumptions. Also, since I started to pratice pick-up, this intuition become clearer and clearer: when I am doing pick up I feel like I am imagining her and also I am imagining myself. So I guess someone who is fairly most consciusness than me would have this insight x1000.

Edited by RedLine

Woman IS the manifestation of GOD on EARTH. Not what you think she is, but WOMAN. Not even what she thinks she is!

The two bodies.

They are more real than anything, closer to truth than anything. They are the peak of consciousness.

All

living

things

aim to become real, to MATERILIZE 

You have a body, is a miracle by itself

55 minutes ago, RedLine said:

You realize that she is just an image in your mind. You fell in love with an image that doesn´t even exist. Also, the image that you think she has in her mind about you is imaginary -of course it is not what she has in her mind-. I mean you could still love her as Absolute Consciusness but you are not loving your wife in the same way anymore. 

I got that realization year ago when I wasn't even involved in spirituality. I felt like love and relationship are based in fake asumptions. Also, since I started to pratice pick-up, this intuition become clearer and clearer: when I am doing pick up I feel like I am imagining her and also I am imagining myself. So I guess someone who is fairly most consciusness than me would have this insight x1000.

There is only the Self and no other.  Loving my wife is loving mySelf.

I met my wife after awakening...and there has been no issues in having a loving relationship.  Enlightenment does not impede love.  In fact, in the absence of ignorance, there is only love.  Enlightenment is dispelling ignorance and the arising of understanding.

If you ask my wife, she feels loved and has told me she has never had such an effortless and easy relationship.  There is unconditional love.  If she came to me today and said that she found someone else and she was leaving, I would wish her well.  This love does not bind or restrict...she is free to do as she wishes.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

9 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

There is only the Self and no other.  Loving my wife is loving mySelf.

I met my wife after awakening...and there has been no issues in having a loving relationship.  Enlightenment does not impede love.  In fact, in the absence of ignorance, there is only love.  Enlightenment is dispelling ignorance and the arising of understanding.

If you ask my wife, she feels loved and has told me she has never had such an effortless and easy relationship.  There is unconditional love.  If she came to me today and said that she found someone else and she was leaving, I would wish her well.  This love does not bind or restrict...she is free to do as she wishes.

If everything is the Self, then how can you love your wife over any other human been? This only make sense to me in this image game where you think she is something solid in your mind and you think you are something solid in her mind.

Maybe this is something that is apart from enlightenment. I don't know.

Edited by RedLine

1 minute ago, RedLine said:

If everything is the Self, then how can you love your wife over any other human been?

Don't you see that Love is selflessness? The Self, the real you, is selflessness/ego-lessness.

The Self is Love. It's not something the Self does, it is Love. 

59 minutes ago, RedLine said:

If everything is the Self, then how can you love your wife over any other human been? This only make sense to me in this image game where you think she is something solid in your mind and you think you are something solid in her mind.

Maybe this is something that is apart from enlightenment. I don't know.

@RedLine - There is no "over any other" as there are no others.  Why must you try to rank?  It is not greater, lesser, or the same/equal.  Love is love.

Why do you imply this belief that you must love your wife over any other human being?

@Tim R - exactly.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

I don't have a wife but if I had one it's really easy to answer. I picked the wife because when I'm around her I am the most joyfull ecstatic etc. There is no attachment, there is no need for her to fulfill my needs, yet she does fulfill them and that's good. When I'm with her there is little resistance during our company so time flows rapidly and my experience of life is utterly blissful. 

Why I can not answer, it's just two beautiful lifes being beautiful by themselves and even more lively together. Of course I would love my experience of life when she's present. I love all of the experience of life. But she could die any moment and I would be ready to move on. As said I wouldn't need her, but she would be there for me and I there for her,as we continue living joyfully together. 

16 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

I don't have a wife but if I had one it's really easy to answer. I picked the wife because when I'm around her I am the most joyfull ecstatic etc. There is no attachment, there is no need for her to fulfill my needs, yet she does fulfill them and that's good. When I'm with her there is little resistance during our company so time flows rapidly and my experience of life is utterly blissful. 

Why I can not answer, it's just two beautiful lifes being beautiful by themselves and even more lively together. Of course I would love my experience of life when she's present. I love all of the experience of life. But she could die any moment and I would be ready to move on. As said I wouldn't need her, but she would be there for me and I there for her,as we continue living joyfully together. 

Wise. Life is unpredictable, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And all is temporary.

A lot of people’s lives completely change after their kundalini and heart center awakening.  My life did.  You will drop all kinds of people, places and things that do not serve your highest good.

6 hours ago, RedLine said:

How can you still NOT love your wife after enlightenment?

Not possible ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

47 minutes ago, allislove said:

Not possible ?

I think what it is that you develop of a love for all of humanity and realize that all relationships are tumultuous in nature and do not offer any intrinsic value.

Both you and your wife are equally subjects within your own consciousness.

if your human mind is confused and can not cope with awareness, you have a different problem.

enlightenment does not change your human mind, it allows your unchanged human mind to continue while you realize it was just a small phenomena within your infinite awareness.. This small phenomena should continue life unchanged as before.

Your wife is as much you as your mind is. You are right she is a image in A mind, but it's not your mind. Your mind is also just an image you fell in love with. You are not you. 

The reason you love your wife is because you see yourself in her.

Love is fundamentally total acceptance, and when you totally accept something,

You realize it is you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, RedLine said:

Well it may help to get to Absolute Consciouness before speculating about it.  I had similar fears and they didn't turn out.

Who within self assesses enlightenment? I prefer the word alignment ... until no separation remains 

Enlightenment does not make you a hermit. If you're genuinely a hermit but was faking an extroverted personality, enlightenment will expose that fake anterior and break it down. Enlightenment will only make you more authentic, not necessarily anything in specific.

Also, maybe you're overthinking relationships. Maybe you need to lose your mind, and just chill. Thinking can block you from connection. In fact, it is the #1 thing that blocks most connections. You can always choose to not over-analyse things.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Before enlightenment, chop wood, love wife. After enlightenment, chop wood, love wife.

All stories and explanations are false.

Of course you can mate. 

Enlightenment only deepens the love ;)