DefinitelyNotARobot

Good shadow work techniques?

14 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make a list of shadow work techniques. I just want to try out different things and see what works best for me.

Meditation is great for shadow work. So are psychedelics and lucid dreaming. But I'd like to get different perspectives on that topic.

I'd like to know about your experiences!

beep boop

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I'm trying to make a list of shadow work techniques. I just want to try out different things and see what works best for me.

Meditation is great for shadow work. So are psychedelics and lucid dreaming. But I'd like to get different perspectives on that topic.

I'd like to know about your experiences!

You could say all spiritual work is shadow work. So just pick your favorite tool and have at it.

In my experience though, your shadows will be exposed when they are ready to be. I, the little ego, do not decide that. So while I may think I'm in control with my practices and tools, really there is something far deeper here moving all the pieces. What needs to happen will happen and nothing more.

3 hours ago, aurum said:

In my experience though, your shadows will be exposed when they are ready to be. I, the little ego, do not decide that. So while I may think I'm in control with my practices and tools, really there is something far deeper here moving all the pieces. What needs to happen will happen and nothing more.

I've made similar experiences with this. I wouldn't necessarily look at it from a perspective of doer-ship, but rather from a perspective of setting the right conditions. I think Sadhguru described it well:

Let's say you want to grow mangoes. If you want mangoes you don't have to think of mangoes. You have to think of soil. You have to think of manure. You have to think of water. You have to think of sunlight. None of them look or taste like mangoes. But if you take care of those things, mangoes will come.

beep boop

Unexpected but unexpectedly powerful, The Marie Kondo method. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw that's an unusual one. Thanks

I'm going through Jordan Peterson's Past Authoring program and I'd recommend it for shadow work. It allows you to walk through significant events in your past and resolve unfinished matters. 

This goes very well with Ken Wilber's observation that: As you evolve, your past subjective self becomes an object to your present subjective self. Writing gives you an opportunity to objectify your past and analyze it with detachment. 

self enquiry, acting, family constellation, books, videos. there are so many tools, just choose something you want to understand about yourself and dig in.  

Edited by Rolo

13 minutes ago, Himanshu said:

As you evolve, your past subjective self becomes an object to your present subjective self. Writing gives you an opportunity to objectify your past and analyze it with detachment.

I can definitely see that being an effective thing. I sometimes go over things I've written a couple of weeks/months ago and see how my view has changed since then. It's very effective when it comes to implementing insights to past experiences.

@Rolo I should probably clarify that I am looking for less obvious examples. I am looking for counterintuitive techniques, different perspectives and so on.

beep boop

18 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Rolo I should probably clarify that I am looking for less obvious examples. I am looking for counterintuitive techniques, different perspectives and so on.

whatever works for you, these are some things that help me. i am personally listening to Bashars work atm, His work is very clear and precise when it comes to beliefs and definitions in our personality structure.

his work involves diagrams, oh and hes channelled by a alien.

images (24).jpeg

12226918_1519644198353108_395960181811234131_n.jpg

Edited by Rolo

All the techniques are similar.

These are the steps:

1. Enter into "meditation mode" 2. Look for your fears/hates you have in your mind 3. Clearly identify that object of fear/hate. 4. Turn that object around and assume that you have that trait.

For example, if you hate weak people you have to fully assume that you are weak. At firs you will feel sad or anger but then you will see nothing bad happens with you been weak and you will feel a release.

@DefinitelyNotARobot  he has a website but his content is quite expensive, he does post short videos on youtube as teasers. But yeah his content is pretty awesome.