Leo Nordin

Going homeless to become enlightened unitive

100 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I would tell them to contemplate need vs want in hopes they recognize there are no states of consciousness. 

I would ask them for specific examples of the scenarios in which they will help everyone in their futures and spread joy. 

"states of consciousness" is just me trying to use language with you. I dont get where needs or wants come in. You always live in this present moment. Is your experience pleasant or unpleasant, high states of consciousness refer to high states of living in the present moment very pleasantly. That's kinda what I wanted to explain, you cannot really explain the experience.

I would give my advice, probably in terms of explaining how life works. That everything you experience is created from within. How if you master yourself as a life you will be in balance between the mind and the body and everything in between. That way stress fear anxiety anger or whatever you dont want won't be created within your experience of life. Etc... And spreading joy is easy when your blissful isn't it. 

21 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Up to you. From another perspective, getting kicked out isn’t the cause of not getting the passing grade. 

I know. 

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

How does your inquiry relate to me? Are you implying that because I do not see things the same way as someone looking to resolve them, I must “not be as awake as you”? 

No I have already gone past this, I am not trying to solve this it's solved already. I was impressed by your dedication haha. I only see one awakening for me there is not being as awake as someone or less. I took it up to continue a discussion, I might have knowledge that you would benefit from?. You see when you have awakened often what you do on this world will only be what is needed. I wanted to see, are you doing this for the greater good of the world as the highest unselfishness with no real personal gain or fulfillment from it. Or are you doing all this work to get something out of it, because when you are experiencing ecstasy why choose activity over that, for your survival yes but then what. This is where gurus come in, serving the world. 

If you have awakened then you probably have way more knowledge than me because I only awakened as of lately and I am young. I am also Swedish and English isn't my first language do my vocabulary is way more limited then you would think. Language is a big part of this forum and the world, it is difficult to use language to explain things in a manner that fits a wide variety of readers. 

14 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

After ecstasy, the homework ;)

Haha, yes I just wonder if I am doing too much homework every day. Or if I even should use such unpleasant ego that I am using. 

Its not like I have done homework on my awakening. I just gone straight into survival homework. 

Which I am studying right now, and sharing knowledge for good measures. 

Edited by Leo Nordin

I am the creator of everything and I choose my experience of life. I dont have any physiological problems when I let myself be in a ecstatic state.

"states of consciousness" is just me trying to use language with you.

If there are no states of consciousness, and you are consciousness, how is there a you which lets or doesn’t let a myself be in or not be in, a state?

Not otherwise either because I chose the ego to do what's needed.

I dont get where needs or wants come in.

If you are consciousness, and consciousness is choosing the ego, what is the ego, and how is consciousness choosing it?  How does consciousness and or ego arrive at what’s needed, as distinguished from what’s wanted? 

This will become of major importance if you awaken, some that has gone into the bliss too deep really struggle to eat and do whats needed.

I don't get where needs or wants come in.

Is it possible that there are factors in regard to their experience which you are not aware of, and are thus attaching the importance as relative to their awakening? 

There is no need for activity when in high states of consciousness.

"states of consciousness" is just me trying to use language with you.

If states of consciousness is only semantical, how can the states be the determining factor of need & activity? 

Dam hahaha, isn't it obvious to the awakened mind? Nahm have you awakened yet?

You see when you have awakened often what you do on this world will only be what is needed.

If one were to have an awakening experience, yet still believe in or identify with mind (such as awakened or unawakened mind), one might derive one has  ‘an awakened mind’. This also could be semantical, but does not seem so as it is followed with asking another mind (?) if it has awakened yet. Again, could be semantics, but being awake in this instance is being said to be the cause of only doing what is needed. 

Or if I even should use such unpleasant ego that I am using.

What is the ego and how are you using it?  What makes it pleasant or unpleasant to you? Again, you might initially see this to be semantical, or due to English being a second language, but the ego is specified as something you are using, while being said to be unpleasant. 

I wanted to see, are you doing this for the greater good of the world as the highest unselfishness with no real personal gain or fulfillment from it. Or are you doing all this work to get something out of it, because when you are experiencing ecstasy why choose activity over that, for your survival yes but then what. This is where gurus come in, serving the world. 

If states of consciousness is just semantics, and you are self aware consciousness, who are you talking about in regard to selfishness (or selflessness), personal gain, fulfillment, doing work, and getting some thing out of it? This would have to be yourself. If this is recognized, how does this relate to ecstasy being some thing experienced, which comes & goes relative to activity?  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You shouldn't exit society when you haven't even entered it yet. Becoming enlightened is harder than going to school.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, Leo Nordin said:

I am 17 years of age, and I don't want to stay in school. I don't have any way for an income. Taking care of pets might give me some money to live on. The amount of suffering following the school system is too much, it's not worth it. I will probably give up my good grades, my family will become my "enemies" and it will be a little difficult. 

I've spend a couple hundreds of hours on phycology and spirituality. In the last 5 years. I am ready to let go of suffering, I've explored to meager ways of living for a very long time now. I am at the last stage of fitting in to society. I don't need anything, I dont need anyone, as long as my body lives I have confidence in my ecstasy. 

I won't explain the unexplainable to those who haven't experienced it. It is a good idea for survival and one day reaching enlightenment to become homeless, right? 

I'm also 17. No this is a terrible idea in almost everyway. It can be quite a magical thought to just go out and act like Buddha. We all wish we could simply walk the street and survive ultimately becoming some enlightened being. This is highly unlikely. The more likely outcome would simply be you throwing your life away. A better plan, would be to take all of Leos advice about strategy, mastering skills, and so forth, find an amazing job that you enjoy in which you can make a good sum of money, then you can live on the street if you like, while still affording food and shelter when you feel it fit. Only ignorant people leap head first into an idea without planning. Your very young. Don't give it up so soon. At least give your self time to actually think it through.

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

@Nahm I always admired your extreme dedication in making these long posts. They always "tune me in" with being whenever I'm not focused. They are like a good discipline. ?

Edited by SirVladimir

On 10/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, Leo Nordin said:

In our monasteries there are loads of things preventing you from being in high states of consciousness, I think. I just googled it.. 

I'd also refrain from making life altering decisions based on a google search... Enjoy the privileges you've been given. Some would give anything to live in such a way. If you want to become enlightened, you should try being grateful for all you have, instead of completely dismissing it.

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

4 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Sorry Nahm I wrote the most epic super long reply but it all go deleted. I did reply to all your points with brilliance. I've never conducted my sentences so well. I explained ego, needs and wants consciousness etc. My not only experiential but also intellectual understanding of these things are top grade now. 

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

You shouldn't exit society when you haven't even entered it yet. Becoming enlightened is harder than going to school.

What is hard about becoming enlightened? Are you sure it is harder than going to school, please elaborate;) also not exit society, I will be more involved then I ever was.  @Nthnl Have you thought that if I just remain in high states experiencing life then what is there to regret. Ofcourse things may not go my way but people around me wouldn't let me die of starvation I don't think. I wonder. 

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

@Nahm I always admired your extreme dedication in making these long posts. They always "tune me in" with being whenever I'm not focused. They are like a good discipline. ?

The only thing is why are you not focused, and what are you focused on. If this is a habit of yours maybe change up your life a bit to develop ahead of this habit. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

I'd also refrain from making life altering decisions based on a google search... Enjoy the privileges you've been given. Some would give anything to live in such a way. If you want to become enlightened, you should try being grateful for all you have, instead of completely dismissing it.

Torture is not a privilege, school is basically torture for most humans. It decids how they are like. Its one thing to decide what you do and another to manipulate how you are. This is obvious if you see the development of a child, happiness doesn't go up in the years in most cases. Then fundamentally something is wrong. See for yourself. So living in such a way may be a privilege and a curse. I am grateful for all that I have.

On 3.11.2020 at 1:48 AM, Leo Nordin said:

Sorry Nahm I wrote the most epic super long reply but it all go deleted. I did reply to all your points with brilliance. I've never conducted my sentences so well. I explained ego, needs and wants consciousness etc. My not only experiential but also intellectual understanding of these things are top grade now. 

Not going to brag, but I've also done that a couple of times before and I wrote it all again word for word. If it really is a truthful expression of yourself, then you should be able to reconstruct it (or atleast that is how I work. Idk if it's an INFP thing).

What is hard about becoming enlightened?

You have to die. "The suffering of school" is nothing compared to letting go of everything you've ever known.

Are you sure it is harder than going to school, please elaborate;)

You might have heard about Dr. Alok Kanojia from https://www.twitch.tv/healthygamer_gg. He told the story of how he became a psychiatrist, and before he decided to start med school, he travelled to India to become a monk, because he thought he was a loser with a video game addiction, had bad grades and nothing going for him.

The monk's were all highly trained academics and they recommended him to finish med school and then see if he wanted to pursue enlightenment again. They said that pursuing enlightenment is harder than going to school. He did his residency at Harvard medical school and never went back to India. https://kanojiapsychiatry.com/about/

Have you thought that if I just remain in high states experiencing life then what is there to regret. Ofcourse things may not go my way but people around me wouldn't let me die of starvation I don't think. I wonder.

You will not get enlightened just because your life depends on it. It only comes when you don't need anything. Becoming an uneducated homeless person is only to shoot yourself in the foot. It gives a veneer of simplifying your life but actually it just complicates your life. 

You also seem to have a romanticized picture of homelessness which is a combination of your privilege and your spiritual beliefs. I'm from Scandinavia myself so I'm not saying this to shame you or anything. Just realize that there is a reason why people don't want to be homeless.

Maybe you can try it out for a while to teach yourself a lesson, but please don't skip school. I did as little I could to pass high school and I regret every second of it now as a 23 year old who has barely started going to university.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm sort of playing catch up having prioritized spirituality and not really having any sort of solid income base. I'm going to need to focus on getting a solid survival strategy before I can continue further. 

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Not going to brag, but I've also done that a couple of times before and I wrote it all again word for word. If it really is a truthful expression of yourself, then you should be able to reconstruct it (or atleast that is how I work. Idk if it's an INFP thing).

“Good programmers metaphysicians write good code posts. Great programmers metaphysicians write no code posts. Zen programmers metaphysicians delete code posts.” ~ John Byrd

I am in high school too and i feel you! But when really observing yourself, you are the one creating the suffering. The suffering is not out there, it is only an interpretation of the external. So maybe there are some anxious parts of yourself on which you can work on or maybe its just the procrastinating (which it is for me, it makes my life so much harder). The suffering will not be gone when you are out of school, the suffering is created by your mindset, see it as a spiritual practise to do your school work mindfully and you will get a lot stronger on the way..

@jbeckk

Yes I am creating the suffering. But you need suffering to complete school. 

9 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Btw escaping pain is not the path to enlightenment. 

Lol it's not an escape if pain is a choice. How can you ever escape something self created. But I get what you mean, still didn't all enlightened people escape large amounts of suffering.

On 2020-11-02 at 10:16 PM, Nahm said:

On 2020-11-02 at 8:56 PM, acidgoofy said:

Sorry my posts gets messed by the system. 

4 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

@jbeckk it's not an escape if pain is a choice. How can you ever escape something self created. But I get what you mean, still didn't all enlightened people escape large amounts of suffering.

They got enlightened by facing suffering & consciousness work.

“You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.”

“The wound is the place where the light enters you.” 

“God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites, so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.” 

“Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”

“Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain and not thunder that grows flowers.”

“The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.”

“This is a subtle truth, whatever you love, you are.” 

Rumi

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Nonono please don't do this, people might read these words and get the wrong idea. Other readers can easily misinterpret the meaning of these quotes. These quotes are very delusional even if not intended to be and some false depending on if it's intented to have a fixed perspective. Because they don't speak the truth and they make statements on how things work and what you have to do.

A more appropriate way for example for the first quote. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.” would be: - Whatever you do, you will keep breaking your heart untill it opens so just keep going. 

Think what the purpose of a post is. Like mine on this forum is mostly made only for all readers in a thread or a particular person in conversation with. 

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

“You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.”

“The wound is the place where the light enters you.” 

“God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites, so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.” 

“Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”

“Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain and not thunder that grows flowers.”

“The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.”

“This is a subtle truth, whatever you love, you are.” 

Rumi

?

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

On 2020-11-02 at 10:16 PM, Nahm said:

On 2020-11-02 at 8:56 PM, acidgoofy said: