Dodo

Neither Monism, Nor Duality

95 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura - Thanks for your thoughtful response to my question about how to truly know that you are actually God / aren't deceiving yourself. Your response was helpful. I think that directly experiencing total nonduality (via 5meo) and/or having an experience that offers a glimpse of how God created everything (also probably via 5meo again) would definitively settle these questions for me (since experiencing true nonduality/infinity wouldn't leave any room for there to be yet another God behind God, and seeing how God created everything (including itself) would help a lot as well). 

Conceptually, I do think that nonduality makes sense, and answers these questions. It's just hard to get on board with this concept being the truth while I'm still in human form, since I (James) am such a small sliver of all existence in my current state of consciousness and I don't have access to anything remotely close to the totality of infinity/nonduality. My human experience (so far) has been one of only duality, and I have not yet gotten a glimpse of the rest of nonduality/infinity (which seems like something that I would *HAVE TO* experience to prove that me/God/nonduality/infinity are all truly one inseparable consciousness). But without this direct experience, I have no substantive evidence to support that nonduality is in fact the truth. 

Thanks again for your input!  

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Well, what’s ‘the finite mind’?

A concept. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Nahm don't fall this is the guy who insulted me on PMs. Keep yourself safe.Don't waste your time. 

Time to learn to be a snitch. ;)

Maybe I'll need it. Man learns whole life. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Dodo

Babies are authentic and enlightened just because they exist? Enlightenment does not equal to existence in my dictionary and neither is the general definition. Enlightenment is "knowing thyself" and since babies and rocks have no self-awareness, then they are far from being awakened or enlightened.

I don't know what are your sources for such ridiculous beliefs but they are really far away from the Truth.

Edited by Member

3 hours ago, Member said:

@Dodo

Babies are authentic and enlightened just because they exist? Enlightenment does not equal to existence in my dictionary and neither is the general definition. Enlightenment is "knowing thyself" and since babies and rocks have no self-awareness, then they are far from being awakened or enlightened.

I don't know what are your sources for such ridiculous beliefs but they are really far away from the Truth.

Babies know the true self, as they do not yet have a localized sense of self developed. Pre-egoic enlightenment is still enlightenment. 

You only do not understand this because you have a belief of enlightenment as being some special state for the human, not the space in which the human itself happens. Enlightenment is the most authentic You that You have always been. That you "was" you when you were a baby and is the reason why you were so good/authentic at being a baby. And why you are so good/authentic at being an egoic identity now. Meaning that everyone is enlightened and doing their job perfectly.

Some have a job of being ignorant of their enlightened nature as the simple presence. A baby is not ignorant. Look at a baby and see how they are the entire moment. Not just taking themselves as the small localized entity called human. 

"I don't know what are your sources for such ridiculous beliefs but they are really far away from the Truth."

This is a belief

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Member TLDR: Ask yourself: Do babies experience psychological suffering? Then you will understand they are enlightened by the definition of the Buddha himself. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

6 hours ago, Dodo said:

Babies know the true self, as they do not yet have a localized sense of self developed. Pre-egoic enlightenment is still enlightenment.

Babies don't know anything, maybe they only experience the so-called pure awareness but aren't self-aware.

And nope, enlightenment isn't just being.

5 hours ago, Dodo said:

TLDR: Ask yourself: Do babies experience psychological suffering? Then you will understand they are enlightened by the definition of the Buddha himself. 

Nice try but nope, babies do experience psychological suffering and cry a lot when they poop. Adults at least have learnt to deal with it.

38 minutes ago, Member said:

Babies don't know anything, maybe they only experience the so-called pure awareness but aren't self-aware.

And nope, enlightenment isn't just being.

Nice try but nope, babies do experience psychological suffering and cry a lot when they poop. Adults at least have learnt to deal with it.

ok

But they feel pain and don't experience a psychological suffering. They can quickly switch to happy mode without clutching and holding on to the past.

When that suffering of psychological  time is removed, or before it even existed you are enlightened. Nothing special. YOu just live in the moment and let go of psychological time and events.

Let go of all the stories, stories are in time. Only the eternal remains. The timeless remains. And it's never been anywhere but here. There is nowhere to go to get enlightened. The human, I hate to break it to you, is never going to be enlightened. Only the changeless is Enlightened. Suck on those lemons! <3 

But love is the highest power in this Universe, it is the mysterious truth everybody is talking about and nobody understands. 

Love you bro - sending you Love from Beyond Time and Space.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Babies do not have a developed ego so they are free from devilry...but they are not yet conscious that they are God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Babies do not have a developed ego so they are free from devilry...but they are not yet conscious that they are God.

Not only are they free from devilry. They are angels with strong spiritual power. The light shines so beautifully. They are a perfect expression of the divine and them not knowing makes them so much more pure than any enlightened master who knows.

But hey, this is just my heart speaking. This will look foolish on the level of the mind and I accept that. Love is not about being right, I guess. But this is the way I see it, so we might need to agree to disagree. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Not only are they free from devilry. They are angels with strong spiritual power. The light shines so beautifully. They are a perfect expression of the divine and them not knowing makes them so much more pure than any enlightened master who knows.

Their light does shine beautifully - the light of Love.  But that needs no powers.

And yes even an enlightened master still has some impurities.  Otherwise he would have already dissolved into Infinity and be dead.   And if any of them tell you different they aren't yet awake.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho