Flo

Could Enlightenment Be A Life Purpose ?

8 posts in this topic

Could it be ?

I never had anything that clicked in my life, even when I saw the Zeitgeist: Addendum documentary It didn't really clicked.I already knew subconsciously that was how our current world works. It would be nice to help spread the word, or to work on it (with the Venus Project), but I don't know, it's like I already know it's going to happen without my help.

Right now, I'm studying accounting, and I really hates it, It's pointless for me since I know how the economy works and how it shouldn't even exist in the first place   (I don't want to begin a debate on this, I just want to explain my situation) I can't quit, cause it's funded by the state, I have to finish it no matter what or else I would have a 10000$ debt. 

I realized that the more I meditate and do mindfullness activity (I do it whenever I walk or eat), I have this feeling like something or someone is drawing me, I feel like it's not only the right thing to do, but the most important thing in my life.

Right now my routine is basically doing the life purpose course, some meditation (25 minutes) , listening some music and motivation video (to trigger deep emotions), and reading. Of course, I walk 30 minutes a day and 1 or 2 swimming session per week, but that's it, there is nothing else I want or desire to do.

In fact, even if I got the degree, I know I won't work into this "industry", I already know that I will work at a fast-food,12 hours a week, living in a really tiny appartment, and doing life purpose and enlightenment work all day. In my mind it's not like if there was a choice to make, this is it.

Edited by Flo

1 hour ago, Flo said:

Could it be ?

Why not?

I've been asking myself the same question lately. The more inner work I do on myself the less inclined I feel towards the other activities of 'success' and 'achievement' that everyone else seems to be going for. Even the notion of 'contributing' to the world can be put in to question. Utlimately, pursuing a life devoted to peace and truth, devoted to living in reality, can be an end in itself can it not? Reality is a beautiful 'place' and experiencing the beauty whilst you have conscious-awareness of it is and end in itself.

But then, as you do more inner work, authentic motivations will surface. What those will be you don't know yet.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

As I see it, a life purpuse might be to reach Enlightenment and then become a master or a guide of it for as much people in the world as possible, that's kind what I'm thinking to do for my life purpuse, also will need to decide which medium would be the best. Could be interesting to know all jobs or opportunieties that are avilable in spirituality and conciusness.

Edited by Blind Observer

I also have a girlfriend, she is very open-minded, non-needy and genuinely nice. I don't know if I should stay with her on the long run though. I feel like it would be counter-productive to do that, cause it feels really nice to have someone with you can talk about anything (and I really mean anything here), plus the health bonus you get from being in a healthy relationship, but I'd rather have other opinions aside mine.

Nope. A life purpose cannot be accomplished but only pursued. Enlightenment can be a major long-term goal but not a life purpose. If you want something similar, your purpose could achieving mastery on the spiritual path.

On an unrelated note, twelve hours a week of a $10/hour work is $480 a month which is not enough to live in an apartment and eat food. I don't look down on living a frugal life- I've even gone homeless myself for a month and a half living in my car (just to experiment)- but put a little more consideration into how you will arrange your lifestyle based on your finances. Perhaps you could work five years in accounting and move to some foreign country where living costs are a fifth of the US? You could try living off the grid, make your own food/ house or whatnot. Hell, you could even save up for a trip to China or japan and join one of the monastic traditions and then you'd have both your living situation handled and enlightened masters to guide you(although you'd have to learn the language first). In the grand scheme of things, your lifestyle isn't very important but don't let it hinder your inner work.

Enlightenment is one of my goals in life... to slowly annihilate my ego.  I've already successfully cracked it, through the "Power of Now."

My other goals in no particular order:

Think only when needed... the rest of the time be present in my awareness

Meditate 3 hrs a day!

Allow life to be syncroness...by following your passion.

Help others find the path along the way...

Be as healthy as possible for as long as possible!

Yeah I would say so.

I don't really care about anything but enlightenment. The rest is just noise.

what is enlightenment? it is also a thing means the purpose of being enlightened is seeking attachment to enlightenment status {Alpha} in order to de-attached from others materialize things we attached from the beginning.