Forestluv

Michigan man charged with 4 felony counts of voter intimidation

15 posts in this topic

The below robo call was sent through low income areas of Detroit. It's full of misinformation and voter intimidation. If states are serious about curtailing voter intimidation they need to take serious action to prosecute it. This case won't be decided before the election, yet it sends a message. Wealthy groups don't care so much about fines, yet everyone cares about jail time. And it's kinda stupid for the guy to announce his real name at the start of the call. 

-- One count of violating election law by intimidating voters, a five-year felony;

-- One count of conspiracy to commit an election law violation, a five-year felony;

-- One count of using a computer to commit the crime of violating election law—intimidating voters, a seven-year felony; and

-- Using a computer to commit the crime of conspiracy, a seven-year felony.

Wow. That's terrible. 

I'm not surprised. 

Trump wants his poll watchers aka "arm twisting" to make sure they vote for Trump. 

The governors of the states need to take care of it.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Most people in Michigan don’t like the governor. I think anything she does at this point would be seen as interfering in favor of Joe Biden because she was one of the potential running mates.

Dumb fucks. Isn't it hilarious that these idiots find time to manipulate and do shit like this all the while screaming that Dems are committing voter fraud. Pure projection. Voting fraud isn't a thing. It's republicans trying to suppress and manipulate the vote. They can't have a fair election where everyone's vote counts because if they did they would be heavily outnumbered. I'll say it a second time... dumb fucks. Have fun in jail for your crimes against society. 

Edited by Lyubov

It would have been a delicious strange loop if that robocall ended with the voice saying, "Also, did you know that making an intimidating and manipulative robocall like this during an election cycle is a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison?"

:D

It's the height of irony that Republicans whining about voter fraud will be precisely what leads to them creating it where none existed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In this video Pakman gives concise information as to what to do if you see funny business when you go to vote. 

3 things 

Call ACLU to report voter intimidation by calling 866-OUR- VOTE

Send any video about voter fraud or intimidation to local media or David Pakman at his channel 

Look up poll watchers laws to see what's allowed and what's not. 

Be ready for absentee ballots and then  drop it off personally.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Willie said:

Most people in Michigan don’t like the governor. I think anything she does at this point would be seen as interfering in favor of Joe Biden because she was one of the potential running mates.

Not true; a vocal minority despises her, the rest of us are grateful to have someone reasonably competent in charge during a pandemic.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts same thing about the governor of Maine, look at our covid stats and tell me she’s doing a bad job.

1 hour ago, Willie said:

Whitmer recently polled at 61% approval on Covid and 59% approval overall. 

She was as low as 43% approval last year, yet her performance with Covid has pulled her up a lot. It's the biggest issue in Michigan. 

I've lived in Michigan for 12 years. She is the first governor I've seen moderates speak positively about. Just because of her Covid response. To reasonable people, she seems competent and doing well overall.   

Even though she wasn't my preferred candidate in the primary, she's impressed me with how competently her administration's response to the pandemic was. I'm more than happy to cast my vote for someone who's competent and reasonable considering the state the country is in right now.

Plus she seems like a decent person.

images (1).jpeg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Well, that sounds reassuring. Thanks! I hear a loooooooot of negativity.

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Even though she wasn't my preferred candidate in the primary, she's impressed me with how competently her administration's response to the pandemic was. I'm more than happy to cast my vote for someone who's competent and reasonable considering the state the country is in right now.

Plus she seems like a decent person.

images (1).jpeg

Agreed. Her response to COVID showed competent leadership. I am so glad I live in a state with a governor that listens to the science.