TisDoney

What video led you to an existential crisis?

10 posts in this topic

There are so many transformational videos that have seriously changed the trajectory of my life. I’m curious which, if any, videos caused you an existential crisis or a paradigm shift?

Leo's "Self-Deception" series is golden.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Usually I wouldn't say that one video really changed me but I wholeheartedly believe that Leo's "Outrageous Experiments in Consciousness" has forever been deeply ingrained in my sub-conscious, it's the one he did after his 30 day retreat.

"existential crisis"  sounds a bit negative in my opinion.

Something like 8 years ago i've watched some Eckhart Tolle videos which made me see reality a bit different. Not really sure exactly which video it was.

So I don't know if it counts as a full on existential crisis, but I found Peter Singer's argument that people living in wealthy nations have a Moral Obligation to help people living in less developed parts of the World to be really compelling; so much that I feel it is unethical to not give at least some portion of your income to charitable causes if you're fortunate enough to be a middle class person living in a developed nation. 

Also helped me put my own privilege in to perspective, and to reframe the way I think about my obligations to other people.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

This video started my trajectory into doubting everything I thought I knew.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@TisDoney

2 hours ago, TisDoney said:

There are so many transformational videos that have seriously changed the trajectory of my life. I’m curious which, if any, videos caused you an existential crisis or a paradigm shift?

The entire spiritual video playlist. That gave me periods of nightmares and depression earlier in my life.

Right now probably the toxic life purpose. I know in the back of my head I've been on the daily wage slave grind, but struggling to build up any skills on the side to build into a life purpose in the future. Trying to just stay afloat but I used to do way more than that.

Probably the most life changing ones for me so far I think have been:

35+ subfields of self-help -------->really kickstarted my path a lot i think.

Understanding Survival parts 1 and 2

How Ideology works

And the entire Spiral Dynamics series and scientific model.

On top of that watching his new videos once a week really motivated me to keep grinding hard toward my goals and meditating like crazy.