Meister_Eckhart

The best way to realize challenging life purpose in modern age

11 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I passed my thirties. And the past few months I finally sat down to see what it is that I really want to do with my life.

It came up that, in fact, what I really want is to deeply investigate the mind and Truth to make others feel free and magical (I know that sounds very bold but it's what came up when I leave fear and limitation out of the room).

Now that I have this goal, I'm looking for the best way to work towards it. Right now (and in the foreseeable future), I don't see how to earn a living from pursuing this goal. I guess what I notice is that I want to realize this goal but I prefer to do so whilst being able to live in SOME comfort - therefore there are bills to be paid, right? Also -  books, training, information, etc, etc. costs money.

Dilemma: There are very direct and less direct routes to a goal. Imo the options can be more or less divided into the following (and please consider this case starting without any major skills and without having finished college or studies, although there is a possibility to start acquiring all of those):

1. Invest all your waking time towards your goal. That means no work and no money. Yes, like the buddha.
  2. Work a low-level job just to get around whilst investing all your spare time towards your goal until you can earn a living with that.
  3. Work a low-level job whilst investing your spare time towards creating a skill in order to acquire a decent job. After several years this decent job can then potentially have some benefits like having more freedom, allowing more effort/time/money to be spent towards the goal, and perhaps having acquired a usable skill for the goal. But all this take years of your time.

Which option do I use here?? I am also interested in how you are doing that in your own life so feel free to share.

I tend to want to choose option 3 but I am afraid I will be spending too much time on something other than my goal.

Any advice on this would be much much appreciated.

Edited by Meister_Eckhart

Currently i am going with number 2, works gerat for me. What does your intuition say?

It's simple: You must do what will actually work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The second option can feel hopeless sometimes and the people at low-level job (unless it's something you do solo) will drag you down.

The third option seems the wisest if you can avoid that trap of being overly attached to this transitional career and money or comfort it offers.

And if you had guts to choose the first, you probably wouldn't be even asking this question. :P

6 hours ago, Yonkon said:

Currently i am going with number 2, works gerat for me. What does your intuition say?

Interesting to hear. I wonder if you will keep up with that, good luck. Funny enough my intuition says to try 1 but thinking says 3/2. 

7 hours ago, Girzo said:

The second option can feel hopeless sometimes and the people at low-level job (unless it's something you do solo) will drag you down.

The third option seems the wisest if you can avoid that trap of being overly attached to this transitional career and money or comfort it offers.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Girzo said:

And if you had guts to choose the first, you probably wouldn't be even asking this question. :P

You got me ;)

How does your dilemma look like if you let go of wanting to make others feel free and magical?

How does it make you feel to let go of the notion of low- vs. high-level jobs?

Do you need anything outside yourself to deeply investigate the mind and Truth?

”Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.” - Zen Kōan

On 2-10-2020 at 9:44 AM, datamonster said:

This is a fantastic vision! However sometimes I get the impression that everybody here comes up with more or less the same life purpose, which usually sounds a lot like Leo's life purpose.

At least I did that until I realized that this wasn't truly me and I wasted somebtime trying to pursue a purpose that wasn't really mine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, just make sure this is originally and authentically you, then it's gonna be awesome and you'll figure it out. 

I definitely see your point and I have to say I was really questioning the authenticity for that matter. But there have been so many exercises to confirm it, could it still be inauthentic? Either way it's probably good practice to keep track of when feeling in flow, being deeply moved by something, etc. How did you notice your vision was inauthentic and how did you find your REAL authentic one?

Also - is it really such a coincidence that many have similar life purposes on actualized.org? I assume many people are here because they find the content so fascinating (at least I do and always did, and surely Leo presents it in a compelling way), and it lights one up. To us it has deep meaning, to others perhaps not so much.

I do wonder what is the link between authenticity and ego, and whether or not to be worried about ego involvement.

Thank you for your input!

accuracy

@datamonster  Interesting. Perhaps it helps when you ask yourself what you want people to experience (if you haven’t tried already). 
Good luck.

@Meister_Eckhart  i think the wisest decision is to go on number 3. 

and i think i am gonna do it, i worked at 9-5 job and other physical and low level jobs just for the money for too long. 

and as time goes by i saw how much i distracted myself, didn't prioritize my activities and pursuits and goals with what i really want.

and your purpose is kind of what i want too, it feels more relevant after Leos new video, becoming a philosopher, studying yourself, meditating doing all of this. i think we all want it and see the value of it, but it takes a lot of time. you can do it like the buddha. but yea you and i had the guts we will do it. 

i want to stop this way the people come and save me, i now back to my parents house. i am 22 i realize i should have doing my actions towards first of all taking care of finances, and then to do it, to take more responsibility right? 

for example right now i am staring ethical hacking course, am i technical kind of guy? hell no. but, i dont want to work at physical growling jobs no more. i want better paycheck, conditions at work and every day life, and then after i have that and finding a way to have passive income maybe invest in houses and rent them, i can peruse my life purpose and and the whole philosopher thing. 

i hope i could help somehow with this exchanging of information.

i know for me, sometimes now choosing can be the worst choice. and something that my sister told me about what i told you about this new course i am taking to get to this better job is, that in that time i will learn something, i will get to know people, i will have money so its good investment. 

as long as we leveling up, taking more responsibility and control, more mature, wiser. that's what important, the reality is the money is important.