Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FortisFortunaAdiuvat

I rewatched Leo's video about free will

5 posts in this topic

I think I got it and it blows my mind. Somehow a big chunk of my self-interference just disappeared and I am so excited to just go with the flow, it's that simple. I always thought of no free will as something terrible. This is so liberating.

It's funny because I intellectually understand it and I even had some glimpses of it, but it still isn't part of my living experience. I guess I gotta go back and rewatch the video. Maybe do a few exercises here and there. I sometimes can feel into this when doing the do-nothing meditation, or when walking down the streets, but that's mostly it.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I guess I gotta go back and rewatch the video

I love it how I can rewatch one of Leo's videos after a couple of months and look at it in a completely different way.

"If you read a book the second time, you don't see something in it you didn't see before, you see something in yourself that wasn't there before."
- Bob Proctor (?)

The trick is in thinking that there's a "self" that imposes it's "will"

The first time I understood what it means to have no free will, it creeped me out really bad. I remember that I was on the subway watching people talk and they all looked like programmed robots. Not a very pleasant thing to experience. :ph34r:

This is what I felt at that moment lol

... but after a while it started feeling liberating... although, now I'm not sure this is how liberation looks like.

Edited by Member