blankisomeone

Leo and everyone, have ALL your existential questions been answered?

135 posts in this topic

Reality is a mystery to me. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Reality is infinite. Intellectual understanding is finite.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Member said:

"In Buddhism, enlightenment (called bodhi in Indian Buddhism, or satori in Zen Buddhism) is when a Buddhist finds the truth about life and stops being reborn because they have reached Nirvana. Once you get to Nirvana you are not born again into samsara (which is suffering)." - Wikipedia

Yes, this is why I see enlightenment as a journey rather than a realization. Many of us have experienced the awakening of ourselves to ourselves, but that is only the first step. The spiritual practice is to then sustain that awakening regardless of what is happening around us, and in the process dissolve  our attractions and aversions. I doubt anyone in this forum is completely free from suffering yet. It is possible, but it has happened to very few people on the planet.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

To quote Leo. :

"It's absolutely infinte.. It's absolutely infinte...its absolutely infinite you don't understand.. There is no way you can understand this ". 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

From my own experience.. The only thing you need to know is............. there is something within you right now that is always the same across your whole life.. Past present and future.. It was here before you were born.. It will continue to be here after you die.. It never began to be.. It will never cease to be.. No beginning no ending.. No time.. Just eternally ever presently so.... That is who you are. And that is ultimately the only real thing.   Find that thing and you will need not to find anything else. 

-Osho

"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean."

Buuuut, you can certainly know what water is ;)

Edited by Fran11

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

To quote Leo. :

"It's absolutely infinte.. It's absolutely infinte...its absolutely infinite you don't understand.. There is no way you can understand this ". 

Please don't post that video. Got nightmares can't sleep at night. Traumatized for life. 

Not 100% but i don't feel as clueless as I did before begining the work

8 hours ago, Moksha said:

I doubt anyone in this forum is completely free from suffering yet. It is possible, but it has happened to very few people on the planet.

Of course, I don't even think that a human that has achieved enlightenment of has understood the ultimate truth would be the mortal anymore. Maybe it won't be even human. But anyway this is another topic. As for reality, it isn't far-fetched to say that a human can achieve total understanding of the ultimate reality (enlightenment).

Edited by Member

Yes, reality works through magic. Plain and simple.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The answer to this question is a paradox, it can't be answered, yet that is the answer itself.

If anyone tells you there's nothing to understand, they don't understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

definitely getting very close to this, years and years of psychedelics and intense practice gets you there, or did for me anyway

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If anyone tells you there's nothing to understand, they don't understand.

Ofcourse as long as you imagine there is such thing as "anyone" who possess a permanent unchanging object called "understanding".  Sure I get it from relative perspective but what is being pointed at is subtle.  If you happend to  live up to the  age of 150 which is very rare you will observe everything you ever understood about reality evaporating due to decaying brain. Like it never even happened. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

12 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Please don't post that video. Got nightmares can't sleep at night. Traumatized for life. 

Thats my favorite video from Leo lol . ;D

It gets you excited you are god, infinite and many worlds and other universes exist out there.

Imagine the possibilities.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

3 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Thats my favorite video from Leo lol . ;D

@Bulgarianspirit Ok Enjoy then but don't send me your psychiatrist bills. ;)

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Bulgarianspirit Ok Enjoy then but don't send me your psychiatrist bills. ;)

I saw that one as well. It's hilarious.

I have been through the whole lot... Hppd,depersonalization, feeling nothing is real etc. But i accepted it now i'm fine.

This work... Really blows up the matrix in your face. You live here years and years on end, thinking you are a mortal finite thing that needs to survive, reproduce etc.

Then suddenly you realize you are one with and the same as god. Of course you need time to integrate. I had several obes in dreams, while waking in the morning, i just surrender and fly up. Somehow psychs primed me for some time, through brain chemistry i suppose. I had one 3 days ago,which make me honestly believe we leave our body every night to visit astral realms...

Now on topic, yes almost every question i initially had was answered mainly:is there god, is there an afterlife, what is death, what is life, but not only this, i also had my mind blown :D

8 hours ago, Member said:

As for reality, it isn't far-fetched to say that a human can achieve total understanding of the ultimate reality (enlightenment).

As I see it, enlightenment is experiential, not conceptual. It is not an understanding that you achieve; it is a resonance that you experience, where You become one with You. Literally, the word means "being filled with light". You will experience enlightenment, not when you suddenly know the answers to all questions, but when you recognize the dissolving of ego and the end of suffering.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.