blankisomeone

Leo and everyone, have ALL your existential questions been answered?

135 posts in this topic

Can you confidently say without a shadow of a doubt that you know what reality is and how it works with absolute certainty and without the slightest background feeling of uneasiness or fear of being wrong?

2 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

Can you confidently say without a shadow of a doubt that you know what reality is and how it works with absolute certainty and without the slightest background feeling of uneasiness or fear of being wrong?

There is no doubt, no uneasiness, nor fear of being wrong that the "me" is an illusion and there is no other/separation.

Tat tvam asi...aham brahmasmi.  Only if the illusion of a "me" is truly seen through is there no doubt, uneasiness, or fear.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

For me, it's not that the existential questions have been answered, but that they no longer matter.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just now, Member said:

I think that with enlightenment comes the total understanding of the ultimate reality. No one here is enlightened, period.

I believe enlightenment is nonconceptual. There is no understanding beyond simply experiencing yourself as awareness, and learning to keep the flame of your presence steady despite what happens in the world around you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Have had 2 two "awakenings" into what reality really is, in the moment is so obvious and I became conscious of how the ego constructed this reality back and was scared shitless,  but deep down I know that what i saw was the Truth.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, blankisomeone said:

Those are beliefs, and only beliefs. The beliefs do not point to some ‘other thing’ or actuality, but are the resistance. A belief is a repeated thought. “Thought” is “itself” not ‘some separate thing’. Thought is creation, appearance. In direct experience, thought appears, and this experience appeared. You create resistance, by repeating thoughts which don’t even feel good. You do this because you deeply assume there is something to know, and that that is needed. But “it” is you, and so “it” can not be needed, or known.  

You aren’t finite, you’re infinite. 

You aren’t aware, you’re awareness.

You aren’t intelligent, you’re intelligence. 

You aren’t conscious, you’re consciousness. 

You aren’t loving, you’re love. 

To ‘get lost’ in yourself, claim those as ‘yours’, and measure yourself and others with it. That will ‘keep “you” stuck’ in relativity, and indirectly establish you are separate from ‘it’. Yet, without that belief of a you, “the measurer“, “the comparer”, none of the content of the op is possible to experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

That sounds horrible. Kind of reminds me of when I was a teenager and CDs were expensive and I convinced myself that I had discovered ALL the good music ever made, had listened to it so long I was sick of it and would never find any new music I really loved ever again. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

That sounds horrible. Kind of reminds me of when I was a teenager and CDs were expensive and I convinced myself that I had discovered ALL the good music ever made, had listened to it so long I was sick of it and would never find any new music I really loved ever again. 

Maybe that's why Source creates. Eternity.

Edited by Moksha

2 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

I hope not, that sounds rather dogmatic.

@Moksha

"You" and "the world around you" is duality, so "despite what happens" when things are *out of control* is an illusion because things do not simply just happen to *no one*. Maybe this duality needs to collapse in order to experience enlightenment and be released from suffering.

Edited by Member

3 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

And what if one hasn't accomplished any of these "things?", or only some, what would be the problem with that? 

50 minutes ago, Member said:

@Moksha

"You" and "the world around you" is duality, so "despite what happens" when things are *out of control* is an illusion because things do not simply just happen to *no one*. Maybe this duality needs to collapse in order to experience enlightenment and be released from suffering.

I believe the end of suffering begins when we realize that we are more than our conditioned mind. We still experience pain in life, but suffering is self-created pain: the state of mind-identification. When we are present in the Now, we are free from suffering.

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

I believe the end of suffering begins when we realize that we are more than our conditioned mind. We still experience pain in life, but suffering is self-created pain: the state of mind-identification. When we are present in the Now, we are free from suffering.

"In Buddhism, enlightenment (called bodhi in Indian Buddhism, or satori in Zen Buddhism) is when a Buddhist finds the truth about life and stops being reborn because they have reached Nirvana. Once you get to Nirvana you are not born again into samsara (which is suffering)." - Wikipedia

Does it really matter? The fact is to have a deep understanding of reality you must go beyond the human mind and human form. So whatever you experience, you actually never can't really explain it in words, write about it, ir even THINK about it.

Even talking about Truth is not really truth. If not you could just trigger Enlightement just reading books 

The map is not the territory 

The "Mystery"?

"The nature of ultimate reality can only be understood when looking from its own viewpoint. That is to say, one’s conditioned perspective of reality must be put aside.

The simplest explanation is to consider that one’s life in the world and universe has the characterization of a dream.

Into this dream, each dreamer is born. To the dreamer, the world and universe have the appearance of being real. The dreamer takes himself to be real, and therefore the world and universe this person is “in” to be real.

The dreamer “knows” that he has “come into” this life, therefore at some point he will “go out” of life. The dreamer “knows” that although he will die, the world and universe and fellow dreamers will persists after his death; that the dream will continue when the dreamer no longer exists.

None of this is so. When the dreamer ceases to be, the dream ceases to be.

The dream has never been real. The dreamer has never been real. In other words, an unreal dreamer dreams a dream that is unreal.

Only if the person, the world, and universe were real would any of this be justified to have an explanation. Any explanation would entail the process of cause—and—effect, time and space (or location). Ultimate reality has no relationship to time, space or cause –and—effect. These are elements which occur only within the dream.

Only within the dream is it a legitimate question to ask, “How then can life and the world and universe be?” Any answer would entail the processes of time, space and cause—and—effect. Such processes occur only within the dream itself. Therefore, any answer will be an answer within the unreal dream.

The point is that all that is apparent to the dreamer is simply that: an illusory appearance. What appears to be real or actual is not the same thing as what is real or actual.

What is actual, is ultimate reality. Ultimate reality can be characterized as empty; no-thing or nothingness.

Ultimate reality is absent any of the qualities of the dream. Being emptiness itself, it has no need of an explanation or a justification. There are no questions which one can ask about nothing. Questions and answers are a product of the dream.

Nothing is not the cause of anything or the effect of anything. Cause —and—effect is a process only within the dream. So, if we ask, “What is the cause of the unreal dream?”, the cause is the unreal dreamer. An apparent dreamer interacts in an apparent world in an apparent universe.

None of what appears to be is actual. What appears as “real” within the dream is not actual, not ultimate reality. To understand ultimate reality, one must go “outside” the conditioned perspective that is within the dream. It can only be understood from the standpoint that no thing is real. Nothingness is what’s real.

From the standpoint of nothingness, it is clear that not anything in our dream world, including oneself, is important. None of the activities in the world matter “outside of” the unreal dream. There is no meaning in life, in an ultimate sense. Anything which is to be taken “seriously” is within the unreal dream. Whatever you do, or anyone else does (or doesn’t do), does not matter in any real sense.

This insight is the freedom which one can experience within the dream. It is justified on its own terms."

-- Robert Wolfe (Ajata Project)

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi