Lyubov

First 2020 Presidential Debate

131 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Juliano Zn said:

why people hate Trump so much.

It's not a matter of hate.

The worst thing he is doing is hollowing out a competent bureaucracy and filling it with corrupt stooges and grifters. The administration's whole plan from day 1 was to "deconstruct the administrative state", as Steve Bannon says.

Every single major government agency has been hollowed about by political appointees from corporations, deregulating everything from education to communication to the environment. They deliberately want to make government work bad so that they could privatize it and leech off the profits. Every single one of Trump's appointees are leeches, parasites, and grifters. Their agenda is to loot the public coffers to enrich themselves and their friends. Corruption 101.

Anything else Trump does is secondary to this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a matter of hate.

The worst thing he is doing is hollowing out a competent bureaucracy and filling it with corrupt stooges and grifters. The administration's whole plan from day 1 was to "deconstruct the administrative state", as Steve Bannon says.

Every single major government agency has been hollowed about by political appointees from corporations, deregulating everything from education to communication to the environment. They deliberately want to make government work bad so that they could privatize it and leech off the profits. Every single one of Trump's appointees are leeches, parasites, and grifters. Their agenda is to loot the public coffers to enrich themselves and their friends. Corruption 101.

Anything else Trump does is secondary to this.

Hard to argue that the Trump administration is anything other than a Kleptocracy.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like Sean Carroll pretending to understand reality ;)

Omg i just today was listening to Sean Carroll for the first time. What are your views on him? Is he worth spending time on listening?

On 9/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

You have to understand that most people simply do not follow politics.

For example, my brother hadn't followed the news for like 3 years since Trump got elected. So he basically knew nothing about what was going on other than what he heard from me or from his wife. And he's a smart, college-educated guy. He just doesn't care about politics or government.

Of course he knows Trump is a fool, but still. It's easy to never follow politics at all.

Most people have simply tuned out of politics and government. As if it wasn't even a thing. Such people don't see all the harm being done by the Trump admin. They just assume it's gov as usual. But it isn't.

I didn't actually realize that only a minor amount of people really follow politics. I mean it's not that complicated to follow it. I actually thought that most middle-aged people and most senior citizens follow the news including politics. Though, I see what you mean. My girlfriend hardly if ever follow politics or much of any kind of news like I do, even though she is much older than I am. 

What a shame.

18 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I mean it's not that complicated to follow it.

It's not complicated, but people are just too self-absorbed to care.

@Leo Gura it’s like not even hate of trump it’s just when you break up with an ex and she starts to let herself go but you can’t interfere in anyway and you see her destroying herself from within and it’s not her new boyfriends fault although he has a huge part of the blame, it’s almost like we hate trump because we love what the government used to be and now it’s so hollow it’ll take years to get the stink out of our mouths.

trump makes the neoliberalism of Biden and obama look like Moses parting the red sea

Edited by Gidiot

47 minutes ago, Gidiot said:

trump makes the neoliberalism of Biden and obama look like Moses parting the red sea

You never appreciate what you got until you lose it.

Just wait till you start losing your health.

1 hour ago, Gidiot said:

@Leo Gura you see her destroying herself from within and it’s not her new boyfriends fault although he has a huge part of the blame, it’s almost like we hate trump because we love what the government used to be and now it’s so hollow

Yeah....

???????

This just popped up in my recommendations.

Kind of shows how things degenerated in america. Bush was a complete clown back then, but I guess we didn't really know the full spectrum of insanity that could be the american presidency.

Also, it will be interesting to compare this to how Trump will react if he loses.

Even with someone like him being the leader, there was still prestige and respect around the title of presidency of the US. That's gone now. Biden will not change that, something died when Trump became president.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

35 minutes ago, Scholar said:

This just popped up in my recommendations.

Kind of shows how things degenerated in america. Bush was a complete clown back then, but I guess we didn't really know the full spectrum of insanity that could be the american presidency.

Also, it will be interesting to compare this to how Trump will react if he loses.

Even with someone like him being the leader, there was still prestige and respect around the title of presidency of the US. That's gone now. Biden will not change that, something died when Trump became president.

Bush was both better and worse. Better in the sense that he was just kind of a simple guy pushing a Blue / Orange ideology rather than a blatant authoritarian trying to subvert democracy, but I'd argue that he was also worse in the sense that the veneer of respectability obfuscated the looting of the country that's been a staple of the Republican party for decades. At least with Trump, the plutocratic tendencies have moved out in to the open, and unclothed the Emperor, so to speak.

Not arguing some sort of false equivalency between the two, as Trump is obviously much more dangerous, but there is a clear progression from Reagan to Bush to Trump at work here.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/