Lyubov

First 2020 Presidential Debate

131 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not good for Biden. His points are far too weak.

Trump has the better optics and tone.

Biden is not leveling any kind of serious critique of the Trump administration's devilry, corruption, and incompetence.

I disagree. It isn't important for his electoral strategy. He isn't trying to do fan service for confirmed Dem voters to turn out. They have more than enough motivation for that. He's trying to appeal to centrist voters in PA. It's a good strategy and he's doing a good job at it for this debate.  

23 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I disagree. It isn't important for his electoral strategy. He isn't trying to do fan service for confirmed Dem voters to turn out. They have more than enough motivation for that. He's trying to appeal to centrist voters in PA. It's a good strategy and he's doing a good job at it for this debate.  

I see it similar as you. I think Biden looks competent and presidential to moderates. Biden’s strategy isn’t to prosecute Trump with left grievances. It’s to look like a decent, competent, moderate “return to normal”. Biden had some good moments in which he spoke directly to voters. I kinda like that he didn’t give a lot of credence to Trump and called him things like “a clown”. 

Trump looks like he is going all in on his right wing base. He was really hot. I don’t think moderates will be impressed. How does Trump look to those suburban women he needs?

Trump is the one who needed to change the trajectory. I don’t think he did it. I’m seeing some Republicans saying that it was bad on both sides and a food fight - pushing for the narrative of a tie, usually means they are confident in the performance. 

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden is not leveling any kind of serious critique of the Trump administration's devilry, corruption, and incompetence.

Very easy to see why people vote for Trump. Tbh, if I were an alien dropped into this debate I would vote for him because he seems to have his shit so much more together, I would never guess that every other word he says is a lie. So so easy to fall into the trap if you're like most people and you don't question what you're being told.

12 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

Very easy to see why people vote for Trump. Tbh, if I were an alien dropped into this debate I would vote for him because he seems to have his shit so much more together, I would never guess that every other word he says is a lie. So so easy to fall into the trap if you're like most people and you don't question what you're being told.

Yet Americans aren’t aliens just getting to know Trump. This is the same old Trump they’ve seen for years. I don’t see Trump appealing to anyone in the middle, like suburban women he’s been losing. Biden talked about how the suburbs are now multi-racial. Trump couldn’t even condemn white supremacy and Proud Boys. 

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I see it similar as you. I think Biden looks competent and presidential to moderates. Biden’s strategy isn’t to prosecute Trump with left grievances. It’s to look like a decent, competent, moderate “return to normal”. Biden had some good moments in which he spoke directly to voters. I kinda like that he didn’t give a lot of credence to Trump and called him things like “a clown”. 

Trump looks like he is going all in on his right wing base. He was really hot. I don’t think moderates will be impressed. How does Trump look to those suburban women he needs?

Trump is the one who needed to change the trajectory. I don’t think he did it. 

Yup, he's gonna get dirty if he tries and wrestles with a pig. Anyone with half a brain knows Trump is a corrupt filthy liar. It's a classic devil strategy to try and divert. Trump doesn't have a victory plan besides calling everything Biden brings up fake news etc.  If he can keep enough fog up to hide in he can maybe sway enough people in the center to not even vote. 

Debate over and it was a huge joke 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Doesn’t matter, Trump basically said flat out that he’s not accepting the results of the election (unless he wins of course). He’s already declaring the election fraudulent. He told white supremacists to “stand by.” It’s pretty clear to what’s going to go down. And it’s pretty frightening. 

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Yup, he's gonna get dirty if he tries and wrestles with a pig. Anyone with half a brain knows Trump is a corrupt filthy liar. It's a classic devil strategy to try and divert. Trump doesn't have a victory plan besides calling everything Biden brings up fake news etc.  If he can keep enough fog up to hide in he can maybe sway enough people in the center to not even vote. 

I think Trump was a bull in a china shop and Joe was mostly restraining himself. Without the moderator controlling Trump, it's a bad position for Biden - if he is too restrained, Trump rants the whole time and it doesn't look like Biden stands up to him. If Biden is under restrained, he looks presidential at Trump's level. I thought he did a decent job at balancing that and looking somewhat dignified.

I think the next debate format should seriously consider cutting mics off while the other is talking. 

I would have loved nothing more than to see Bernie on that stage instead of dipshit. 

He would have actually gone after Trump, and probably hard too. Biden was way too defensive and passive. 

This was so frustrating to watch. Biden's onset of dementia symptoms simply did not allow him to promptly respond to the EASILY rebuttable lies that Trump was ranting. Any other candidate with normal cognition would be able to point out these outrageous positions Trump held that were well overdue for formal fact-checking. And of course, the moderate sucks as usual.  

He should've mentioned Mary Trump and how he never legitimately got admitted to an ivy league school when Trump called him stupid. 

Biden simply can't keep up with Trump's fast pace and he wasn't wise/conscious enough to see past his baits when he interrupted him and spent time rebutting those. 

Doesn't matter anyway though, these debates are irrelevant. People made up their minds and it's a matter of democracy and survivability versus partisan views. 

Edited by Free Mind

@Forestluv  the real question is, considering how Trump cannot even take the slightest criticism from the opponent without raising a firestorm, and given that he appointed the SCOTUS, will he allow a peaceful transfer of power if Biden won? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

That was hard to watch. Hopefully they triple Biden’s dose next time.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Exactly! The well overdue and obvious critiques against his administration were either very shallow or not mentioned all together. I can tell Biden has awareness and understanding of these critiques but he just can't articulate them effectively because of his dementia. 

Edited by Free Mind

1 minute ago, Free Mind said:

Exactly! The well overdue and obvious critiques against his administration were either very shallow or not mentioned all together. I can tell Biden has awareness and understanding of these critiques but he just can't articulate them effectively because, well, the guy has dementia. 

stop propagating right wing social media conspiracies 

btw there really is a Trump tweet for everything xD

1 hour ago, LoveandPurpose said:

He doesn't have to do much, just has to shine the light on Trumps lies.

Exactly. And he wasn't able to do that. 

Edited by Free Mind

3 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

stop propagating right wing social media conspiracies 

I'm not. This is simply very likely the case.