ajai

Upanishad Ganga

35 posts in this topic

For those not aware of Upanishads aka Vedanta:

These are the philosophical texts with soul mysteries of nature, also known as last part of Vedas (4) and hence known as Vedanta ( Veda + anta-or end )

IMG_20200930_014031.jpg

Since Adi Shankaracharya interpreted these teachings of Upanishads in non dualistic fashion so is his teachings known as " ADVAITA VEDANTA ".

This thread is for some useful and substantial knowledge we can attain from Upanishads, learn and use some of the teachings in our practical life while pursuing various practices, these ancient scriptures are without a doubt really useful in the pursuit of Self-Actualization.

Thanks.

477ef1654979b2639be3638c9c4d67b8.jpgvedas-vedanta-upanishads-brahmsutras-gita-22-638.jpg

A good introductory video to start with the concept.

After introductory video( mentioned in above post), please do watch above 3 videos, many important questions are dealt and insights are provided.

On 30/09/2020 at 2:02 AM, ajai said:

A good introductory video to start with the concept.

PART-2 ?

ed note: adding PART-2 of the video "WHO AM I"

On 30/09/2020 at 1:56 AM, ajai said:

Vedanta ( Veda + anta-or end )

Since Adi Shankaracharya interpreted these teachings of Upanishads in non dualistic fashion so is his teachings known as " ADVAITA VEDANTA ".

Advaita literally means Non-Dual.

Let me just breakdown the construction of this English Word actually it's Sanskrit,

"A+dvaita" (etymology)

A means NOT

Dvaita Dual or Duality or Dual Nature or Separate Reality

Hence, Advaita stands for that which is not Dual or Non-Dual per se.

This way we now understand the real meaning of Advaita Vedanta to get the real understanding and significance of it, first 2 introductory video are waiting for you go and watch there you'll get gist of Advaita Vedanta.

Man this is amazing.....?

Edited by ajai

Another?

Let us know about ॐ/Aum/OM

A great video that explains about Homosexuality and how it should neither be ridiculed nor be condemned as is done by certain sections of our society, perhaps because of clinging to outdated notions that sadly perpetuate discrimination and oppression.

samatvam yoga ucyate

Yoga is equanimity.

Equanimity is to refrain from judging all the people, things and events in life to be either good or bad.

They just are, they are natural. Part of God's creation.

Edited by ajai

A Guide to Practical Methods of Meditation.

I hope you keep adding to this collection of material on Advaita Vedanta. Some good stuff. 

If you are interested, consider including other classical “lineages” like Ramana Maharshi or Nisargadatta Maharaj. It might help folks get a glimpse.

?

??

10 hours ago, kbone said:

I hope you keep adding to this collection of material on Advaita Vedanta.

Yepp Sure thing!

Also, you can add any resource too,

if you have got any, on your side or find something valuable in future, but as you know it should be one of the gems of all resources and upto the standards, let's make this thread very useful for someone looking for Vedanta resources and Teachings.

Also let's try n keep the thread as much clean as possible, just focused only on the resources of Advaita Vedanta.

(You can go ahead and add the teachings of the people you have mentioned, you can share their other useful resources as well, as I don't know much about them or their teachings yet.)

Thanks&Regards.

Edited by ajai

'Science is nothing but the finding of "unity", as soon as science would reach perfect "unity", it would stop from further "progress" because it would reach it's GOAL.

Thus, Chemistry could not progress further, when it would discover one element out of which all others could be made.

Physics would stop when it would be able to fulfill it's services in discovering one Energy of which all the others are but manifestations.

And the Science Of Religion become perfect when it would discover him,  who is the life in Universe of death, him who is the constant basis of an ever changing world, one who is the only soul of which all souls are but delusive manifestations, thus is it,

Through multiplicity and duality (dvaita) that the ultimate unity is reached, the Religion can go no farther, this is the goal of all Science, all Science is bound to come to this conclusion in the long run, manifestation and not creation, is the word of Science today, and The Hindu is only glad that what he has been cherishing in his bosom for ages is going tobe taught in more forcible language and with further light from the latest conclusion of Science.'

(Aspirations Of Philosophy)

A part of Swami Vivekananda's one of the speeches at the World Parliament of Religions, 1893, Chicago has been quoted here by me.

ed note: [The word unity used here refers to the concept of ADVAITA].

My idea on, Why I am a Hindu? and the problem I got with HINDUISM....

via PM: a response to Vivekananda's shared snippet of one of his speeches,

I wouldn't have thought that Hinduism would have had a period of flagging and revival (in relatively recent history) in India!! More of a rejection of the Raj Indian epoch?

My response after greetings.....

....Although I have a problem with Hinduism, I prefer to write it more like 'HinduISM', with a bit more emphasis on the suffix "ISM" which shows a certain ideology but to be honest there was no certain ideology at the first place, it's just after the consecutive western invasion (of what is known as INDIA) lexicographers have coined the term to make a distinction seeing it's usage amongst English language speakers and christian missionaries, but the land where I live is 'Bharat' and the people of all sects, castes and creed, let alone animals and whatever that is between Himalayas and the "Indian" Ocean is HINDU, everything, even the grain of sand is Hindu, it's outrageous how the term has been used through recent history and is being used even today, Alas!

Now the land of Hindus was never a land of a fixed set of practices or doctrines or a land of a particular "GOD" figure, everybody has/had their own God because they knew it's not the ultimate/absolute, God was just an exemplary figure just like an ideal one, and people had faith in their different God figures just so they don't act like a fool and direct their lives in the right direction just as their God did, all of their Gods were Human like themselves who walked the land in the same way but they made the most out of their lives and had a DHARMA of their own, thus various Gods were like a source of inspiration for various people, Bharat was a land of "Free" and thus is what the idea of Hindu religion is, all it has to be with is "FREEDOM". 

So all in all there's no religion as Hinduism, it represents an ideology but Hindu has nothing to do with any ideology whatsoever since, Hindus were never ideologues, today who claim themselves as such are not Hindus, no matter what they propound, preach or teach, they might well be believers of HinduISM but that's not what Hindu Religion postulates, Hindu Religion postulates the idea of no hypothesis, no ideology and FREEDOM and Integral Human Values.

ed note: (I would like to articulate my views/opinions on idolatory more accurately in near future)

Edited by ajai