Sose_Am

Your views on books of Dr. David Hawkins

6 posts in this topic

What do you think about books of Dr. David Hawkins - Power vs Force and its trilogy and also what do you think about method of his Map of Consciousness and consciousness calibration method of Dr. Hawkins via muscle testing? For me that was the first book that started changing something in my mind a shift started to occurred which continues until now. 

I think muscle testing is open to errors and that it must be done by a person of advanced consciousness to be effective, but his whole message rings of non-duality. He best books in my opinion are "I, Reality and Subjectivity" , "Healing and Recovery", and "Letting Go"   

It's a good addition to the enlightenment buffet. 

Edited by sholomar

To be honest, I don't really like his 'Power vs Force'. But i believe this is his first book in the series and the rest of the books in the series will probably get better and better.

In Power vs Force, he give power a positive connotation and force a negative one which I thought was unnecessary.

Also, I do not fully agree with his scale of consciousness. For example, I believe Love can be higher rank than Joy.

When you give love, you give a lot of joy as well. Is the reverse always true?

Also, Courage is a strength, far stronger than Neutrality imo regardless of how it is rationalised. Can everything be explained through logic?

Edited by hyruga

I came across Letting Go by David Hawkins around April 2016. I had gone through three 10 day Vipassana retreats before but didn't practice the technique consistently. After reading Letting Go, I found what David shared in his book was quite similar to Vipassana meditation. After reading the book, I started practicing Vipassana every day for two hours. I did this consistently for months.

The thing about the book is that it explains each emotion so thoroughly. Moreover, I found the experiences, personal stories shared by the author to be quite inspiring. In fact, the book changed my life in a very profound way.

I have been practicing letting go since then.

Over the years my practice has gone deeper. I found out that David Hawkins learnt what he shares in Letting Go from Lester Levenson; an American spiritual master. I found more works which were inspired by Lester's teachings; namely The Sedona Method (by Hale Dwoskin) and The Release Technique (by Larry Crane). I have deeply studied and practiced Lester's teachings and the growth I have experienced is beyond words.

Edited by Sagar Takker

Could Hawkins be considered as a good example of the Transrational being viewed by SD  Blue and Orange worldviews as prerational and then just dismissed as woo woo. I put more stock in kinesiology than the map of Consciousness calibration. But as long as the numbers of the scale are not taken too concretely, there is some good to be had using it as a frame of reference.  Years ago I read the Power vs Force trilogy repeatedly for a couple of years. It caused me to wonder if transmission could be received through a book. Reading these books continually kept me 'high' in a sense. 

On one occasion I saw Hawkins take a very dim view of Pop music, particularly heavy metal. His reaction seemed over the top. I would even describe his reaction as one of negative emotion, which struck me as odd. That one occasion is about the only time I viewed him as being off in a way. For whatever that's worth.  Not really his opinion but rather the undue emotion that came with it. Maybe it was just a generational thing. It was similar to a time Alan Ginsburg asked Chogyam Trungpa if he found anything of inspiration in rock music. Trungpa said no. Maybe jazz he said.   Jazz? 

It's been a while since I've watched a Hawkins video on youtube after having discovering them long after I had read the books.  If there is not a thread on High Consciousness Resources devoted to Hawkins. I may create one.

@Sagar Takker  I've enjoyed reading your good posts. Glad you found Actualized.org!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn