latch

Your Most Powerful Spiritual Experience

50 posts in this topic

Well, i had some crazy strong psychedelic induced experiences that were mindblowing but i barely can accurately remember. 

The that i remember the most was one i had only a small "dose" of weed (smoked little bit of a weak strain) and decided to practice hatha yoga, did some asanas and some pranayamas until i had my first "almost" sober oneness experience. In my visual field, all became one, i could clearly see all as one, i instantly entered in a super flow state and were overcame by this blissful and peaceful state, like all is really well and all my problems suddenly disappeared. This experience lasted for a few minutes and subsided gradually but the feeling stayed with me for a couple of hours and it was awesome.

What was different about this experience was the sober tone of it and it's extreme clarity, which gave me this assurance i am, in fact, on the right path. 

@Observore Crazy! May I ask whether you do Yoga? If so, which form? 

You say that the human body is way too small to hold consciousness in such an expansive way. So how did your baseline level of consciousness change after that event? Are the meditations different? With the connection to Turiya and the Blue Pearls?

Sorry for bombarding ya with questions, but I found that really intriguing! :D

34 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

@Observore Crazy! May I ask whether you do Yoga? If so, which form? 

You say that the human body is way too small to hold consciousness in such an expansive way. So how did your baseline level of consciousness change after that event? Are the meditations different? With the connection to Turiya and the Blue Pearls?

Sorry for bombarding ya with questions, but I found that really intriguing! :D

No no don't be sorry I'm here to answer questions. It helps me process. Ten years later and I'm still processing the experience. The human brain is slow.

I do Bhakti and a little Kundalini yoga.

For weeks after the experience, my baseline was altered. It was as if part of my consciousness was still expanded, and spilling out of my body. I couldn't eat, and instead of sleeping I would fall into a meditative state. That was my first fast, quite involuntary. It was as if one foot was still in Turiya and one foot was here. A liminal state. I was visited by beings many times. I couldn't drive my car, I was still getting used to my body and driving was too much. When I walked it was as if I was staying still and the universe moved around me instead of me moving through it. It was very unusual.

Now my baseline consciousness feels kinda back to normal, but there is a part of me that's awake that was asleep before. Behind my ego-self. That's my Self. It's the real me, and the ego-self is like a mask I wear for navigating the social world. Sometimes I get sucked into the melodrama of the world and think I'm my ego-self, but even then my Self is always there, watching. 

Edited by Observore

My most powerful spiritual experience? Oh, that's an easy one: Living life!

Trust me, it's one hell of a trip. ^_^

Why so serious?

PS: Aldous Huxley's The Doors Of Perception (+ Heaven And Hell) is one of my all-time favorites - hands down one of the best written books I have ever had the pleasure to read.

Why so serious?

@Observore Ten years? Woah.. sounds like both a blessing and a curse. I wish you all the best for further healing and processing. ?

When that happened, did you try to enforce these very high states through Yoga? Or did it happen rather randomly?

I often read that people burn themselves out through Kundalini Yoga, either because they didn't know what they were doing, or because they were literally chasing it like a high, forcing these states. And I totally get it, I wanna get there someday too. Just through the safe route. If I burn myself too much, too quickly, I might not want to get on the road again. And if a serious awakening of some sorts happens someday, I won't resist but surrender.

That processing part sounded kinda dark. Were those last ten years still enjoyable though? Or was it really a struggle to keep up with "ordinary life"?

Edited by EmptyVase

@EmptyVase Hey thanks for the blessing

I didn't try to force that state, it caught me off-guard. I didn't do the heavy lifting, yoga-wise. I was ushered into it by the Blue Pearls. They did the heavy lifting. It happened on the winter solstice lunar eclipse of 2010. 

Burn-out can certainly happen but I don't think that happened to me. The last ten years have had ups and downs with lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and lots of opportunities to fall flat on my face. The first few months after the experience were the most challenging part. I don't feel the need to do yoga anymore. I think the goal of yoga has been achieved for me. I am 'yoked' to God or Brahman or whatever you want to call it. 

@Observore Nice, glad to hear that! :) 

2 hours ago, Observore said:

I think the goal of yoga has been achieved for me. I am 'yoked' to God or Brahman or whatever you want to call it. 

Yes, that's what Santata Gamana says too. Once you're able to do that, the purpose of Yoga has been fulfilled, as they are only a means to an end. Great to read successful Yoga journeys on this forum!

It was my Kundalini Awakening for sure, which I believe was also an enlightenment event, Because it involved an experience of being flooded with and becoming one with the light, in an infinite and overwhelming manner.

My Kundalini experience has been ongoing since 2012, even earlier actually, because the awakening started a couple of years prior, and the full rising, when it broke through to the Sahasrara (Crown Chakra, in the space above the back of the head) happened in December 2012.

The experience of Kundalini rising was quite physical, it really did feel like a snake was wriggling around inside me and it kept bumping its head against energy blocks in my chakras that impeded her progress.

I suffered from debilitating Kundalini symptoms, but the Goddess descended from Heaven to save me via Shaktipat.

I have been on the path of Urdhvareta ever since, which is a tantric practice, whereby my sexual enegies and seminal fluids are subsumed and transmuted into a higher energetic form, constantly streaming upwards along the spine.

12 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

it kept bumping its head against energy blocks in my chakras that impeded her progress.

Did this result in any emotional upheaval for you? I've read, that the Kundalini forces you to solve your problems, and if ego goes against that transformational process, that it can get really uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Did this result in any emotional upheaval for you? I've read, that the Kundalini forces you to solve your problems, and if ego goes against that transformational process, that it can get really uncomfortable.

Yes, indeed. At every chakra, different emotions and memories kept surfacing, which I had to deal with, process and overcome. They were usually uncomfortable memories and emotions, that I have been suppressing. 

Acceptance, release and surrender (to the divine feminine) allowed the serpent to move on at each stage.

When the energy struck the heart centre, it wasn't enough any more though and I needed direct divine intervention.

The goddess manifested as a being of light (as Queen of Heaven) and performed healing or more precisely, shaktipat on me.

She gave me her energy and this allowed the Kundalini to rise all the way to the top. Then she merged with me energetically and the energy broke through the skull. There was a roaring sound, like a waterfall and I was flooded with light.

My consciousness expanded outwards into infinity and I experienced universal consciousness. It was the most glorious and profound experience I have ever had, almost impossible to describe. It was a burst of infinite energy, love, light and an experience of omniscience. It was also highly orgasmic, an indescribable pleasure.

@Dumuzzi Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. :)

Lately, I perceive Pranayamas with an additional orgasmic quality too, though it's probably not on cosmic levels.

In my case, I think the Kundalini is still to a great degree dormant, but it is slowly rising.

Was that also the case for you? Did the energy rise slowly from Muladhara to Manipura, and as it hit Anahata, the energy became explosive?

@Thestarguitarist14 , could you please say how your kundalini and heart chakra got activated. Also, please relate in more detail the Grand Canyon experience.

@Observore , you are blessed indeed! What an amazing experience. Getting used to the world post-enlightenment is a tiny price to pay.

Dare I ask how old you are (roughly) and how many years had you been practising meditation or yoga beforehand? Which deity did you pray to for your bhakti? Also, did you gradually build up to enlightenment as in had minor experiences now and then?

On 16/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, EmptyVase said:

@Dumuzzi Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. :)

Lately, I perceive Pranayamas with an additional orgasmic quality too, though it's probably not on cosmic levels.

In my case, I think the Kundalini is still to a great degree dormant, but it is slowly rising.

Was that also the case for you? Did the energy rise slowly from Muladhara to Manipura, and as it hit Anahata, the energy became explosive?

Yes, initially there was a slow rise.

At first, I perceived the chakras, the solar plexus first of all, a curious sensation of a spinning vortex in my belly.

Then I felt heat at the base of the spine during meditation and periods of relaxation. 

However, it must be noted that from a relatively young age (about 20) I experienced a heat sensation at the top of my head, whenever I discussed spiritual topics, especially in connection with vedic scripture, that, I believe, is a different energy from Kundalini, a downflowing heavenly grace and divine inspiration, a clarified, pure, masculine energy, fatherly love, if you will.

Kundalini on the other hand is raw and nature (Prakriti) itself, manifesting as Shakti.

The serpent symbolism is very apt, because that is exactly what it felt like, a dark brown, perhaps reddish, fiery snake, very powerful, acting on its own accord, creating muscle spasms as it moved up the spine. I believe it took several months, maybe even over a year for the energy to rise from the base (muladhara) all the way to the heart chakra, where it got stuck.

That is when the Goddess, in the form of Queen of Heaven, intervened, though she could have take any other form. Subsequently she visited me also as Mahakali, Green and White Tara, as well as Kwan Yin. They are all different aspects of the Great Goddess, Mahadevi, with the oldest known form on our earth being Inanna-Durga, the great premordial warrior goddess whose companion is a lion.

When she merged with me energetically, the energy shot right up through and broke through the Sahasrara eventually. There was in fact a great deal of pressure at that spot just before that happened, and then a breaking or tearing sound as ithe serpent broke through and peeked out from behind my head. Subsequently, when it (she) rose over and over again, she would often rest upon my forehead, resembling egyptian depictions of pharaohs, which is probably note a coincidence.

@Dumuzzi Very interesting, makes me pretty curious to explore deeper!

12 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

it must be noted that from a relatively young age (about 20) I experienced a heat sensation at the top of my head

That's actually one of the things, which initially deepened my interest in meditation. Always, when I was meditating, I could feel pleasurable sensations somewhere at the top of my head. I always called them brain waves, because that's what it felt like. Melting with that sensation made my interest grew deeper, because that's when I began to ask myself: "How much of 'this' can you access?"

And so the journey began.

I also, partly consciously, partly unconsciously, worked my way up from the muladhara chakra to the throat chakra. I notice, that the energy is stuck in the throat. Since I'm working on this, I see a lot of things in a different light, which will make me revisit all of the below chakras once more, to solve problems connected to the blockages.

It's kind of a combined chakra approach. For example: Because I had a crippled self expression, honesty and authenticity (Vishuddha), I felt guilty for who I am (Manipura) and my creative expression (Svadhistana) had to suffer. Before, I didn't see any problems with the other chakras, or at least not as much. Now, with opening the throat chakra, my understanding is different. My approach expanded upon the dimension of feeling too. Before, I had a very logical, rational approach towards energy work and chakras. Now I "identify problems" by feeling into the body. Feelings are more honest than the rational mind. Hurts ego, but the desire for Truth grows bigger, day by day. Really curious, where this desire will lead me to.

22 hours ago, Demeter said:

@Observore , you are blessed indeed! What an amazing experience. Getting used to the world post-enlightenment is a tiny price to pay.

Dare I ask how old you are (roughly) and how many years had you been practising meditation or yoga beforehand? Which deity did you pray to for your bhakti? Also, did you gradually build up to enlightenment as in had minor experiences now and then?

@Demeter I'm 50. I was 40 when my experience happened. I had been practicing meditation, yoga, contemplation on-and-off for several years before but I didn't really realize what I was doing. It just sort of came naturally to me. For my bhakti I prayed to the sacred feminine archetype in general, Sophia in particular.

For many years prior I had a build-up of experiences starting in my early 20s when a friend and I had a very clear and very close UFO encounter. It set me on a path of intense study. My third eye began to open and I had visions, psychic dreams, premonitions, intuitive knowing, etc 

60mg pure bufo alvarius 5-meo-dmt ... nuff said :D

37 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Someone should make an alien studies and alien encounters super threat because it seems like a lot of people have had experience with entities.  I wonder why if I'm just noticing it more because I'm looking around for it or if there has been an increase in alien contact in the past few years.  What do you guys think?

About an hour ago I did a search here for the term UFO, nothing turned up. I was surprised. I would very much like a super-thread on the subject, but it needs to be worded carefully so that it doesn't beg the question of what they are. I for one don't think they are aliens