DocWatts

What Are you Reading Right Now?

20 posts in this topic

Thought it might be interesting to get a list going for what people happen to be reading, especially for others who tend to have a backlist of books that they'd like to add to  ^_^

For my part, I've been reading 'How to Change Your Mind' by Michael Pollen (author of the Omnivore's Dilemma). A fascinating look in to the history of psilocybin and LSD research, both for the treatment of mental illness and trauma, but also for the betterment of well people. Michael Pollen is a sophisticated and nuanced thinker, and offers an interesting perspective on ways to integrate the scientific worldview with that of mysticism people experience in altered states of consciousness.

howtochangeyourmind.jpg

Edited by DocWatts
Clarity

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

54E21B81-F6E7-4AAC-BD10-D15AE8632FCD.jpeg

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Currently, the books not trapped in my absurd tsundoku pile:

The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Vol 2

The Kybalion

Think and Grow Rich

Satin Island

One Punch Man #20

There are several books that want to rise in rank but have yet to do so. We're praying like hell they will make it.

*By 'We' of course I mean the figurative group of people concerned with such things that I just invented and lumped myself into for the sole purpose of writing that sentence.

Two Years' Vacation by Jules Verne. 9_9

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. A historical novel.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I was reading, can’t hurt me.  Good book.  Just a bit too dark for me right now.  

I re read the four agreements this morning.  Great, short self help book.

I am currently reading Dynamic Laws if prosperity.  Bit old.  But liking it so far.

Transcend: the new science of self-actualization and The UltraMind solution.

When the Body Says No

By Gabor Mate.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Sleyker  How is Psycho-Cybernetics?  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

20 minutes ago, Sleyker said:

Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

That is a great book.  Be sure to do the exercises.

37 minutes ago, Sleyker said:

@Thestarguitarist14 Yes sir, how was your experience with the book?

I found it to be an extremely practical book.  The exercises are great.  That 30 of visualizing yourself for 21 weeks is powerful.  Definitely one of my top five favorite Psychology self help books.

Yeap, to be honest, I'm kind of half-assing the exercises because I'm taking the LP course right now. 

So I think I should stop reading it for now because I realize I have to go hardcore on the exercises.

Or maybe I'm just being lazy :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

@Sleyker It took me years to actually get around to reading the whole entire book.  You definitely have to be “ready” to participate.

Good to know 

---

I've been reading "Healing and Recovery" by David Hawkins. It's a compiled written record of talks he gave on various different topics and so the content in the book overall is repetitive. But that isn't bad. It's an easy and smooth read with good content. That might just be his simple style or how I easily connect to what he's saying. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I just finished “The Four Agreements” which was a good read.

I have these 3 all started and read a little at a time:

” The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet: The principles of Taoism demonstrated by Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet” by Benjamin Hoff.

”Yoga and the Quest for the True Self” by Stephen Cope.

”A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are” by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell.

I’m also about to start a course in miracles this week so that’ll be my main focus for the next year.