Thewritersunion

Resource Based Economy Mega-Thread

45 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@aurum Awesome, thanks! I'm actually planning on visiting Tamera as soon as the borders open. I've spent time at several intentional communities in recent years including Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage and the Possibility Alliance. In November I'm hopefully going to live at PachaMama in Costa Rica for a couple months. Tamera, Findhorn and Auroville are also on my list of places to spent time at. 

My impressions of these communities is that they're mostly stage Green, although Tamera appears to have Yellow systems thinking behind it as does the PA (Ethan who runs it is a Yellow thinker but the community itself is very Green). They're giant steps in the right direction but small islands in a vast sea of the old paradigm. This will shift over time as you note, and hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I'm also in talks of collaborating with Future Thinkers on their global smart village, which you can check out here. It incorporates technology in a way that most other eco communities do not. Borderline techtopia, but they seem to be going about it in a thoughtful way. Curious to hear your impressions on it, as it seems like we're swimming in similar waters :) 

That’s excellent, yes it definitely seems like we’ve been having similar thoughts. I haven’t been to any of these communities yet but it’s on my list. Planning on finishing my PhD doing research in this area.

They’re definitely seem to be mostly Green but hey, Green is what we need now. Walk before you run and all that. 

Future Thinkers seems interesting, I’ve never heard of them. Seems a bit more Orange but still on the right track for sure. In what way will you be collaborating with them?

37 minutes ago, aurum said:

Future Thinkers seems interesting, I’ve never heard of them. Seems a bit more Orange but still on the right track for sure. In what way will you be collaborating with them?

@aurum I hadn't heard of them either until recently. In talks about a documentary project. There's definitely some Orange aspects, but I haven't been able to fully tell yet whether it's coming from an Integral Yellow perspective or simply from Orange. They certainly interview a lot of Yellow thinkers on their podcast. I do know that they're consciously trying to create a global village that will appeal to a larger swatch of humanity than solely stage Green. So again this could be strategic or it could be a reflection of where they're at in the spiral...

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Quick Question to everyone:

What Economy’s are in beige, purple, red, blue, green, yellow, turquoise, coral, and teal? 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

So again this could be strategic or it could be a reflection of where they're at in the spiral...

Yeah it's possible the leaders are higher up than the community they are attracting or attempting to attract.

In talks about a documentary project.

That's awesome man. If you do go through with the documentary send me a DM, I'd love to see it.

@aurum Thanks and will do! Likewise on your PhD. Would love to learn more about what you're exploring.

Just listened to this podcast with Future Thinkers featuring Daniel Schmachtenberger. He's incredible! Tons of powerful thinking here that you might resonate with :)

Two highly interesting and very different takes on Resource Based Economies, coming at the idea from differing perspectives (a scientist/futurism approach, and a more political systems thinking approach).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

There seems to be two major versions of RBE: a yellow and teal one. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

1 hour ago, Thewritersunion said:

There seems to be two major versions of RBE: a yellow and teal one. 

@Thewritersunion Do you mean Turquoise? Teal and Yellow are the same stage (Yellow is SD and Teal is Integral Theory). 

As I see it now. In order for this to work.....
We will need to stop being humans. Mainly in the biological sense, but also in the psychological.

Meaning we will either have to transcend human nature to a level where we will have great control over our biological systems. Probably having the whole population at the end of t2 and beyond.

Or we will have to find new chemical bodies that do not behave as these do and will constrain consciousness in different ways. Humans are not wired for this.

9 minutes ago, Yog said:

As I see it now. In order for this to work.....
We will need to stop being humans. Mainly in the biological sense, but also in the psychological.

Meaning we will either have to transcend human nature to a level where we will have great control over our biological systems. Probably having the whole population at the end of t2 and beyond.

Or we will have to find new chemical bodies that do not behave as these do and will constrain consciousness in different ways. Humans are not wired for this.

I wouldn't go that far. I could see the beginnings of RBE in a Social Democracy that adopts a Universal Basic Income program which expands as automation increases and attitudes towards work change. Probably still some ways off, and of course what a RBE is will evolve and change over time just like every other economic system.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Thewritersunion Oh, didn't even know that was a stage. Is it possible to even conceive what a stage above Coral would be like? 

These color codes between all the different models are a bit confusing :)

Edited by tuckerwphotography

@DocWatts Its probably an overkill. xD
Its a way more difficult question than it seems, that is for sure

It can look simple and plausible when seen trough social constructionist lens and when written on paper.
Sadly there are more things to it. I am only skeptical in that regard. I actually quite like the idea.

@datamonster

Just now, datamonster said:

The problem with RBE is how to implement it?

Maybe you can start small, in your house. Being an example. Ripple effect like. Don't know.

Going big is nearly impossibile as you said.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

On 9/28/2020 at 8:48 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

@aurum Thanks and will do! Likewise on your PhD. Would love to learn more about what you're exploring.

Just listened to this podcast with Future Thinkers featuring Daniel Schmachtenberger. He's incredible! Tons of powerful thinking here that you might resonate with :)

Really excellent. The deep systems thinking he goes into feels very Yellow to me. Reminds me a lot of Charles Eisenstein, who I'm guessing you already know:

https://charleseisenstein.org/

On paper I'm mostly interested in degrowth economics. I already have a Masters degree in general economics so it feels like a natural transition.

But of course this goes way beyond economics. We are talking about a whole new world, one that is going to revolutionize spirituality, medicine, child care, sexuality, technology, agriculture, etc. And I find anything that hints at this new world really catches my eye.