Thewritersunion

Resource Based Economy Mega-Thread

45 posts in this topic

I don't know much about RBE but it seems like they have correctly identified a lot of the collective challenges we are facing. My concern so far is that it is too tech-utopian, not acknowledging the reality of spirit.

@Thewritersunion

Oh my god, what a wonderful, stage yellow video. I feel this is the video I've always wanted to see. However it doesn't take into account human psyche, ego and devilry. But this could be overcome by proper education from the ground up, since childhood. Epistemological/philosophical/ethical/moral/relational education.

The challenge for us is to shift from today economic system to a more systemic economic system. We'll arrive at that growing through the spiral dynamics ladder. If we try to insert systemic approaches, lower-consciousness styles of economics and politics will corrupt also that systemic parts introduced and could slow down the process, both pragmatically and in the mind of people.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@aurum

The spirit comes after survival. Once the system of survival functions optimally, you can introduce noble pursuits. Tech is a wonderful tool if used wisely, because it greatly amplifies our capacity of minimizing resource waste.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

4 hours ago, aurum said:

I don't know much about RBE but it seems like they have correctly identified a lot of the collective challenges we are facing. My concern so far is that it is too tech-utopian, not acknowledging the reality of spirit.

@aurum Curious if you could explain more by "not acknowledging the reality of spirit." 

Regarding it being too tech-utopian, do you think it's still worth aiming in this direction, knowing there will be plenty of obstacles? Or should there be an entirely new approach drawn up that relies less on AI and technology?

4 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Curious if you could explain more by "not acknowledging the reality of spirit." 

It’s seems still in the paradigm of viewing the earth as a collection of resources to manage. What the earth wasn’t a “resource” at all? What if it was alive, a spiritual being in of itself?

This is how indigenous cultures traditionally saw the world. Everything was spirit.

That being said, I recognize this is a large paradigm shift for most people. So perhaps we are not ready for that just yet.

4 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Regarding it being too tech-utopian, do you think it's still worth aiming in this direction, knowing there will be plenty of obstacles? Or should there be an entirely new approach drawn up that relies less on AI and technology?

I don’t believe it has to be either or when it comes to technology. There absolutely is tech that is aligned with a higher consciousness way of life.

The problem is that much of our technology today is built from lower consciousness and attempts at control. If we think technology is going to save us and we don’t need to turn inward, nothing will fundamentally change. We will keep manifesting the same problems in different forms.

I’m still a fan of RBE. They understand the artificial scarcity of modern society and that we need to make a shift. I’m only questioning if the shift they are suggesting is deep enough. 

12 hours ago, aurum said:

It’s seems still in the paradigm of viewing the earth as a collection of resources to manage. What the earth wasn’t a “resource” at all? What if it was alive, a spiritual being in of itself?

This is how indigenous cultures traditionally saw the world. Everything was spirit.

Totally. I appreciate you raising this perspective. Do you have thoughts or perhaps models/examples of how humanity would live if and when we evolve to the point where Earth is seen as a spiritual being rather than just a collection of resources? 

12 hours ago, aurum said:

I don’t believe it has to be either or when it comes to technology. There absolutely is tech that is aligned with a higher consciousness way of life.

Any examples of tech that's aligned with high consciousness way of life? I've been thinking a lot about this topic and am curious to hear more. Thanks! 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Barter and small community system.. 

Remove money. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I don’t know if we need to remove currency but we need to change the theory of value from which it’s based upon. It’s backed by bonds and basically government reserves, we need a currency that’s based upon something far less decentralized say like societal credits or something, you get currency for performing good deeds and raising consciousness, sounds very hippyish and maybe too utopian and it would probably have to be managed by a government. But currency is mostly earned by employment  and investing and I’d like to expand currency outside of those two avenues. You can get paid for recycling, making art, creating healthy friendships relationships, eating healthy, being a good parent, etc it’s a new idea but I think it could work. 

I don’t think currency is going away but it needs to be rethought 

bottom line the idea is people need to be rewarded for helping society in ALL ways instead of just employment

Edited by Gidiot

1 hour ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Totally. I appreciate you raising this perspective.

I appreciate your openness and curiosity.

Do you have thoughts or perhaps models/examples of how humanity would live if and when we evolve to the point where Earth is seen as a spiritual being rather than just a collection of resources? 

Yes I think about this all the time. It's challenging to do because I feel we are so enmeshed in modern society that we don't have any real examples or models. We are going to have to create it together one step at a time.

However, I have found SOME examples that I feel strongly represent the new world. These places to me are like previews of what is to come, shining the light for the rest of us.

The first is the intentional community Tamera out in Portugal:

https://www.tamera.org/

Next is a community in Italy named Damanhur:

http://www.damanhur.org/

I would do your research on either https://ecovillage.org/

or https://www.ic.org/

What a lot of these places have in common is a reestablishment of community and gift economy. Many of them are also spiritually grounded, like Tamera.

Any examples of tech that's aligned with high consciousness way of life? I've been thinking a lot about this topic and am curious to hear more. Thanks! 

Bio-mimicry technology and Over-Unity devices come to mind. Check out the work of Viktor Schauberger.

@aurum Thanks for sharing these examples! 

I feel, until spirituality & stage yellow education is “mainstream” these will remain small scale, education is the key to any lasting change like you said, so then more and more people are involved in this evolution

@Preety_India I think this is great for small scale, sustainable communities, just not sure it would work on a large scale, or not until the majority of the world are Turquoise- think the Star Trek race that abolished money. We have a long way to go until we get there lmao. 

Money also is just energy & a tool, as more conscious people become wealthier, we will see money being used in the service of good & love, instead of what we see mostly today. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I feel, until spirituality & stage yellow education is “mainstream” these will remain small scale, education is the key to any lasting change like you said, so then more and more people are involved in this evolution

Yes it has to continue gaining momentum. The more people awaken the more these communities will become realistic.

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Money also is just energy & a tool, as more conscious people become wealthier, we will see money being used in the service of good & love, instead of what we see mostly today. 

Yes it's already starting to happen. I do believe money is going to play and increasingly smaller role in our lives, but realistically I do not see us as ready to collectively abandon it just yet. These transitions take time. Instead, money needs to evolve to it's next stage.

@LfcCharlie4 I want full Equality for people resource wise. I'm fed up seeing the disparity in the world, the haves and the have nots, the elites sucking up all the resource while the needy have nothing. 

1 hour ago, aurum said:

The first is the intentional community Tamera out in Portugal:

https://www.tamera.org/

What a lot of these places have in common is a reestablishment of community and gift economy. Many of them are also spiritually grounded, like Tamera.

@aurum Awesome, thanks! I'm actually planning on visiting Tamera as soon as the borders open. I've spent time at several intentional communities in recent years including Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage and the Possibility Alliance. In November I'm hopefully going to live at PachaMama in Costa Rica for a couple months. Tamera, Findhorn and Auroville are also on my list of places to spent time at. 

My impressions of these communities is that they're mostly stage Green, although Tamera appears to have Yellow systems thinking behind it as does the PA (Ethan who runs it is a Yellow thinker but the community itself is very Green). They're giant steps in the right direction but small islands in a vast sea of the old paradigm. This will shift over time as you note, and hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I'm also in talks of collaborating with Future Thinkers on their global smart village, which you can check out here. It incorporates technology in a way that most other eco communities do not. Borderline techtopia, but they seem to be going about it in a thoughtful way. Curious to hear your impressions on it, as it seems like we're swimming in similar waters :) 

@Preety_India I understand, it’s a common reaction when you realise the injustice in the world. 

I remember going through it when I first went Vegan, and first found out about mass tax avoidance of huge trillion $ companies etc. 

But, be careful not to become a stage green bleeding heart. 

Resource equality I personally don’t think is the answer, but I agree every human being should have access to food, water & shelter as a minimum, but I feel to ever reach anything like that we require systematic, stage yellow solutions, and unfortunately these won’t happen overnight :( 

@aurum Agree mate, and as more people awaken, more conscious people become wealthy, and that will only speed up the transition. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Preety_India Yes, but not necessarily in Excess. Personally I see complete resource quality & the end of money as excess green, and not necessary for the goals you mentioned, but hey, we all have different opinions on these matters & nobody knows until it’s tested in practice.

@LfcCharlie4 I understand you. What I'm trying to say is that when the excess green will happen, that's when the leveling off will begin and the door will begin to open to stage yellow. 

I was saying this is the course. I don't like excess green but it's necessary to be reached where it can be dealt with successfully to open the next stage or paradigm

I would think that a realistic path towards a resource based economy would be as an outgrowth of Social Democracy once it begins adopting a generous Universal Basic Income program that's made possible through heavy use of automation.

Considering that a majority  of the world hasn't even made it to the stage of Social Democracy, Resource Based Economies seem a far way off.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/