Preety_India

Is crying healthy? Healthy coping

31 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, Preety_India said:

I am observing that in the past few days I have been crying a little more than what can be considered okay. 

Sometimes crying helps me to feel relax all the past trauma associated with family and past abusive relationships with men. 

But I notice that it also makes me dull and depressed and generally melancholic afterwards. 

I feel like releasing all the pain built up inside and crying helps with it. 

But I don't want to feel like a zombie afterwards. I fear I might sink into deep depression if this trend continues. 

How can I find a balance here? I want to let out without feeling very heavy or traumatized? 

Any tips are helpful. Please no judgemental answers.. 

I won't respond to any comments that appear judgemental. I had enough of those victim-blaming  comments. 

Peace!

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

@James123 thanks 

Anytime ?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I can't cry even if I wanted to. It sucks. Would love to cry but it just doesn't happen. And then I get angry. :D

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Tears is how we release our emotions, cry with all your heart, feel everything, its important to feel and release, and then you can let go <3

It helps, you can't escape the way you feel and the more you bottle it in, the more likely these emotions are to creep up on you and explode like a volcano.. Depression or uncontrollable crying, anger and panic attacks are expressions of pain which it can manifest in, if left unchecked.

Since finishing 3 years of attachment-based talk therapy at the end of last year, i have found myself frequently tearful this year. The therapist told me i would be processing our work together for at least 6 months after we finished. It's all part of the healing process.

Tears are not always a sign that something is 'wrong'. Anyone with a depth of consciousness, and perhaps doing some inner healing work, is likely to experience tearfulness. Welcome it. Ancient warriors are said to have routinely and collectively cried after battles. It was seen as a necessary and strong course of action.

In terms of how you feel afterwards, perhaps practise compassion. Talk to your inner kid as you would any other small child, and listen carefully to what they are asking for. Do something nice for yourself.

It's a brave post and i wish you luck on your journey.

It's ok to cry. Awesome for you to open up and be vulnerable enough to speak up. It's necessary for you to speak up and let it out. Crying helps heal broken bonds. 

Healthy grieving is something that we must all must express and not repress. Sounds like you have blocked grief from the trauma. 

That we must have healthy grieving to let go of our losses that we had in our past.

Grieving the past trauma associated with family is normal. I'm in the same boat b/c I've essentially gone "no contact" with my family. It hurts because my parents weren't emotionally all there. 

As well as grieving the past abusive relationships with men - Going through heart break is hard as well as the trauma that you experience there. 

Getting physically active and going to they gym gets all those hormones pumped out of the body. Also, for me personally I notice an instancant change in my emotional state when I drink a glass of ashwagandha. Emotions are there for a reason because there's incomplete grieving.

Hopefully this video helps anyone that is confused about grief and bottling up heavy emotions. Many people are taught in childhood not to express their emotions. Shamed for crying. I highly recommend speaking up like Preety_India did. It's perfectly normal to cry. Don't feel ashamed. 

Inner Family Systems (IFS) - Grief:  

Finishing Incomplete Grief

http://sfhelp.org/grief/thaw.htm

Edited by Ethan1