Someone here

"choice"!

69 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is it your experience that you are everything?  Are you experiencing yourself as that?  Do you think of yourself as a separate individual or as everything? 

I am in a ordinary ego state right now so I see myself as a separate individual and I think I can choose some things and I cannot choose others. But I know that I am in ignorance. Why do you ask me this?

6 minutes ago, RedLine said:

I am in a ordinary ego state right now so I see myself as a separate individual and I think I can choose some things and I cannot choose others. But I know that I am in ignorance. Why do you ask me this? 

Never mind lol its just inquiry} into identity. You think you are an individual.  You believe that you are everything. You are actually nothing lol. Why? Cuz you're not what you think or Believe you are :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

44 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

We all can learn and have richer conversations if we are open about exploring different perspectives instead of pushing a petty one. 

What's your perspective?.  You don't understand. I'm telling you the ego doesn't have choice because there is no ego  and you're telling me that's from the perspective of the ego lol.   

-Osho

@Someone here

Choice occurs without a separate chooser. Consciousness is freedom itself and imagines anything which happens, I call it a "choice".

Choosing = creating

I recommend listening to Abraham Hicks for pointers on how creating happens :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

What's your perspective?.  You don't understand. I'm telling you the ego doesn't have choice because there is no ego  and you're telling me that's from the perspective of the ego lol.   

This whole discussion is mind created that’s limited in itself in trying to understand how the whole thing works as it was never created to understand how it all works in the first place. 

If you go high enough there is Nothing, so yes there is no ego and no choice. 

When you go down levels into individual expression as a soul there is indeed illusion of choosing the lifetime and parents and environment to have the experience and habits. 

Down further the illusion of ego and illusion of choice allows for the experience of it. 

If it is experienced, is it not real? ?

Fun thread and topic nonetheless, allows me to think that it doesn’t matter what I choose for breakfast as there is no choice, yet also allows for me to enjoy the process of choosing!

Mmm, omelette du fromage ?

Once  I came second in my class and I cried fucking hard           

On 25.9.2020 at 9:19 PM, Someone here said:

I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I've been having a lot of conversations recently about "choice". People arguing with me how I can "choose to let go of negative thoughts".      A negative thought can go. But you can't make it go.   

Alright this a open thread. Go ahead lol  please explain how is it possible to not think about a pink elephant! Lol

. The fundamental misunderstanding is this.. "you" do not think your thoughts.. You don't create them or let them go. They just arise and go. "you" yourself is a thought that arises and goes. 

. What is the next thought in your mind??   You don't know lol . You don't know what will your mind think next moment. It can be a thought about aliens.. About Donald trump..  Or About what are you gonna eat for dinner tonight.

Just talking at the level of thought process.. Because the glitch is so clear at this level. Unlike at the level of action.. Where it does "seem" that you have more control over your actions than you do on your thoughts. When actually you don't. 

@Nahm @Mu_ @arlin @PeaceOut96

Hey @Someone here

Yeah you can't directly control your thoughts thats true. And there isn't really a you. Also true. But what you dont realize is that you have the power to either react on your negative thoughts or dismiss them. Meditation is all about this. And yes its a skill and process. 

6 hours ago, dimaniser said:

This whole discussion is mind created that’s limited in itself in trying to understand how the whole thing works as it was never created to understand how it all works in the first place. 

If you go high enough there is Nothing, so yes there is no ego and no choice. 

When you go down levels into individual expression as a soul there is indeed illusion of choosing the lifetime and parents and environment to have the experience and habits. 

Down further the illusion of ego and illusion of choice allows for the experience of it. 

If it is experienced, is it not real? ?

Fun thread and topic nonetheless, allows me to think that it doesn’t matter what I choose for breakfast as there is no choice, yet also allows for me to enjoy the process of choosing!

Mmm, omelette du fromage ?

What higher and lower? If it's real point to it. Define yourself as a separate individual.  Now that I've asked you a question.. Observe how the possible answer will just form itself in your mind without "you" doing anything. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, PeaceOut96 said:

Hey @Someone here

Yeah you can't directly control your thoughts thats true. And there isn't really a you. Also true. But what you dont realize is that you have the power to either react on your negative thoughts or dismiss them. Meditation is all about this. And yes its a skill and process. 

This is funny.  I read it multiple times but it's just pure contradiction. 

-Osho