evgn

Why looks matter so much for men and women

33 posts in this topic

People will always treat you better if you're good looking or behave in a way that seems appealing to them (soft voice, rich vocabulary etc). Not sure what's the main reason but I guess that it is a survival mechanism to be around those who seem to adapt more easily in society. Keep in mind that beauty standards are heavily influenced by what people value today and are not an absolute truth. If a person is beautiful OR has a rich vocabulary, it doesn't mean that nature sends you cues on who's more superior or has better genes lol. Our tastes are 99% socially conditioned which don't always reflect how a person really is... e.g. a person can look healthy and beautiful and be really ill, or someone may have really good verbal skills but suck at logical reasoning. Appearances can be deceiving, so learn to see beyond them if you want to spend quality time with the right people.

Edited by Member

@Meta-Man i may be agreeing but still the question remains, what do i do about it on a practical level? 

To me fear and lack of self-love are is the primary obstacles in life.

Fixed it for ya ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 25/09/2020 at 11:24 PM, evgn said:

Guys really, why we are so superficial creatures?

Why looks matter so much that goes for women and men aswell. Good looks could give you so much more opportunieties than some average or below average looking person.  You could make more friends more romantic relationships without any effort, it just happens naturaly and effortlessly, their lives seem so much easier and exciting. 

I am not saying that i dont judge people on their attractivness, of course i do. I always prefer to hang out with good looking guys or girls, i dont know why but it feels better to be associated with theese type of people. I know that some people right now will say that they are not like that but i thing that they are kidding themselves.

Even not attractive people only lookin for attractive people, what a madness..

Honestly, I feel for me a very large percentage of "looks" is their posture and confidence (which generally speaking does mean that they will be less likely to be really insecure - which results in a toxic relationship.

And the good thing here is that anyone who lives a conscious lifestyle can have that.

2 hours ago, arlin said:

@Leo Gura leo are you talking about spiritual stuff here or you mean my beliefs and my attitude, etc?

They are connected.

But for now, just work on upgrading your beliefs and attitude, before you go worrying about deep spiritual stuff.

You guys here seriously lack basic self-help. Forget about enlightenment. Just implement basic self-help principles and practices.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys here seriously lack basic self-help. Forget about enlightenment. Just implement basic self-help principles and practices.

?

Yet I doubt that anyone here is enlightened. I see lots of posts where people talk about enlightenment like it is nothing. If enlightenment is so easy to achieve, then nobody should bother thinking about spiritual work. Ignorant or enlightened are the same thing for some people which makes the whole idea sound foolish.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are connected.

But for now, just work on upgrading your beliefs and attitude, before you go worrying about deep spiritual stuff.

Can you recommend some basic self help habits, Mr. Gura?

I implemented...

intermittent fasting ( +- 4 hour window )

healthy diet ( no sugar/fast food etc. )

meditation 

reading

right now trying out affirmations

in my daily life. 

What are some other good habits to put it into your daily life.

One thing I have to do more is socializing

PS: Sports, some hobbies ( improv theater, attending the synagogue etc. ), university are obviously also implemented in my daily life