Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Should the Dems really be "screaming bloody murder!"?

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Wait, Woodrow Wilson was a great leader and a highly intelligent man.

Well... Yes and no. While he did try to present himself as a highly principled person, he was also an avowed White Supremacist. And not in a '100 years ago everyone was racist by our standards' kind of way, but in a 'highly racist even for his time' kind of way.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Fdr was a great man but the internment camps happened under him to. Every vote is a harm reduction vote from a certain perspective, just some people actually inspire you to vote for them, Bernie, Obama in 2008 and 2012 but by the end of the second term people weren’t that impressed, Kennedy, Lincoln, were all highly inspirational people, the type of people you are proud of being your leader, maybe even al gore fits that category too, but the problem is that all of those people I mentioned have faults and there is no perfect president or person, that’s why policy is more important, america is too nationalistic to vote purely on policy like Northern Europe and others we need to vote on the person something the founding fathers may not like but it’s the reality, hopefully there will be a nice balance because just as important as the policy is the messenger and the delivery of that policy. There won’t be policy based voting until money is out politics and anyone can run with no advantage of being loaded beforehand. In a democracy you need to win people over by using your experience and by being able to get people to trust you, while I trust Biden, I’m not sure he’s going to fix any of the big problems, I’m happy to be proven wrong however and it seems like he would get out of the way for the new generation which is something that is sorely needed in this country, I could be wrong on this but it’s my observation based on his character

11 hours ago, Gidiot said:

Fdr was a great man but the internment camps happened under him to. Every vote is a harm reduction vote from a certain perspective, just some people actually inspire you to vote for them, Bernie, Obama in 2008 and 2012 but by the end of the second term people weren’t that impressed, Kennedy, Lincoln, were all highly inspirational people, the type of people you are proud of being your leader, maybe even al gore fits that category too, but the problem is that all of those people I mentioned have faults and there is no perfect president or person, that’s why policy is more important, america is too nationalistic to vote purely on policy like Northern Europe and others we need to vote on the person something the founding fathers may not like but it’s the reality, hopefully there will be a nice balance because just as important as the policy is the messenger and the delivery of that policy. There won’t be policy based voting until money is out politics and anyone can run with no advantage of being loaded beforehand. In a democracy you need to win people over by using your experience and by being able to get people to trust you, while I trust Biden, I’m not sure he’s going to fix any of the big problems, I’m happy to be proven wrong however and it seems like he would get out of the way for the new generation which is something that is sorely needed in this country, I could be wrong on this but it’s my observation based on his character

A bunch of really good points; and I agree that looking at your Vote from a harm reduction standpoint makes a lot of sense.

As for FDR, what you say about him is %100 true; I will push back just a bit in that there's no way he would have been elected to Four Terms if he wasn't able to inspire people the way he did (even if his policy platform was the exact same).  

What's interesting about the American system is that the President combines what is in many other systems two different jobs: (1) The head of state who's job is to be the public face of the government and to connect with people. And (2) the Administrator (or bean counter) whose job is more about running the day to day running of the state. 

In some other countries you have a President and also a Prime Minister, but in the America these roles are combined. This makes an already demanding job even more difficult, since it's always going to be more difficult to find someone who excels in both of those two roles.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/