Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abundance

The Election That Could Break America - What if Trump Refuses to Concede

17 posts in this topic

@abundance Dude, you can't copy & paste an entire new article here. That is copyright violation and they will go after us for that.

Just link it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sanders about Trump: "This is an election between Donald Trump and democracy."

https://www.axios.com/sanders-donald-trump-democracy-369291c0-51e6-4827-815c-b57dc5cb9b7c.html

His full speech about it:

Trump is showing his authoritarian foot too much for his good. He said, "The only way Democrats can win is by rigging the election", so in this scenario he describes, if he wins, fine, but if he loses, he has won as well. WTF? Now he says he may not concede. What did he think democracy and elections meant?

For conspiracy theories on both sides, in the 2016 election, there wasn't found any evidence of widespread fraud, at most very isolated incidents. Trump himself as the president feeding these theories, in his favour, of course, it's inconceivable.

Biden may not be awesome, but Trump is just too bad. Even Biden approves this message, 10 seconds ad:

No one has any clue what will happen in November. Biden better not concede if it's close. 

This election is historic. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"In present-day politics, we have one party that consistently seeks advantage in depriving the other party’s adherents of the right to vote."

from the article

perfectly worded

67b.jpg

Edited by Lyubov

Six points addressed by Sanders in his speech to defend democracy and prevent a chaos scenario that Trump could use in his favour, which is willing to do, according to his own words.

• People have to vote and as early as possible. A landslide victory for Biden will make it more difficult for Trump to deny the results.
  • With the pandemic and a massive increase in mailing vote, state legislations should allow counting those even before the election date. The faster the ballots are counted, the less space there is for chaos and conspiracy theories.
  • The news media should prepare people to understand they won't have the results on the same election day.
  • Social media companies should stop people from using their tools to spread disinformation, to threaten, or to harass election officials.
  • In the congress and state legislations, hearings must be held to explain how the election day process and the following will be handled. Everything possible must be done to prevent intimidation, chaos, misinformation, and violence.
  • American people, no matter what their political view, must make it clear that American democracy will not be destroyed.

eeeee.png

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Hatfort Leo is so expressive. Often times when something interrupts me watching a video, I come back and Leo have some funny expression xD 

Untitledjhjhjhj.png

bnmbmf.png

When.png

It just begs caption like the last one "when you smoke some weed with your stage green friends" :P

BTW why there is no longer an off-topic section on the forum?

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Loved that article.

It’s not a foregone conclusion it goes to the Supreme Court. I don’t see how you can just argue that mail in ballot are corrupt and so not count them. You could just as easily argue that in person voting is corrupt and not count those. There is really not foot to stand on and good luck getting your own electors that bypass the popular vote.

I predict trump won't concede and that due to wide scale voter suppression being challenged and the counting of mail in ballots in several swing states up in the air we won't know for a few weeks after who won. 

@Lyubov I think they will count the ballots like their lives depended on it it’ll be done in less than a week. My guess.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:02 AM, Hatfort said:

Sanders about Trump: "This is an election between Donald Trump and democracy."

This speech alone is why Bernie should be the leader of the Democratic Party. He laid out accurate, highly principled viewpoints. His vision is superb, and on top of that, his framework for how to approach the election, including all of the possible scenarios that could occur, will be key for strategizing and understanding!

5 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

This speech alone is why Bernie should be the leader of the Democratic Party. He laid out accurate, highly principled viewpoints. His vision is superb, and on top of that, his framework for how to approach the election, including all of the possible scenarios that could occur, will be key for strategizing and understanding!

Agreed. And despite him not winning the nomination, he's still able to influence the direction of the Democratic party in a very tangible (and much needed) way.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

From everything I've read on the matter Trump is terrified of being prosecuted for corruption charges (and possibly seeing the inside of jail cell, as incredibly unlikely as that would be ) once he loses the legal protections that come from being president, so his doing anything he can to hold on to power is a Survival Strategy, and everything he's doing makes a lot more sense when you look at it through that lens. I would expect a corrupt head of State in a third world country who faces a firing squad if he loses hold of power to behave in a similar manner the only difference being that there are actual Constraints on what he is able to do in a country like the United States.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/