VincentArogya

Why there are no straight lines in creation?

22 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

^ looks pretty straight to me.

That is actually not a line. It's actually a dotted line if you look closely.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That is actually not a line. It's actually a dotted line if you look closely.

thank god it's a line

/argument

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

We used to think that light travels in straight lines, till Einstein spoilt it and said that space-time is curved by gravity.

Crystals have straight edges don't they? 

2 hours ago, LarryW said:

Crystals have straight edges don't they? 

If you zoom way into the crystal, you’ll see all of the individual atoms which will ruin the illusion of a straight flat surface, and all of the atoms are constantly vibrating and moving.  

No straight line there. 

7 hours ago, SoonHei said:

^ looks pretty straight to me.

/thread.

wow did you make that!? amazing creation!!

So this is not a straight line? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So this is not a straight line? 

If you zoom way into the screen, you’ll see dividing lines between the pixels, and the atoms that make up those dividing line will be constantly vibrating and moving.   Plus the screen on your phone or computer is slightly curved to some degree.  

So no, it’s not a perfectly straight line.  Nothing in relative reality can be perfect according to our conceptual ideas of perfection.   To exist at all is to be imperfect and incomplete.

Though of course everything in reality is ultimately perfect, but that’s only apparent when you give up all your ideas of perfection.  Those ideas are ultimately created by the ego. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

A circle is just a straight line where every end is its beginning ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

If you zoom way into the screen, you’ll see dividing lines between the pixels, and the atoms that make up those dividing line will be constantly vibrating and moving.   Plus the screen on your phone or computer is slightly curved to some degree.  

So no, it’s not a perfectly straight line.  Nothing in relative reality can be perfect according to our conceptual ideas of perfection.   To exist at all is to be imperfect and incomplete.

Though of course everything in reality is ultimately perfect, but that’s only apparent when you give up all your ideas of perfection.  Those ideas are ultimately created by the ego. 

I get it. But then we can apply that to everything not just straight lines. So why there are no curve lines in creation? ;) You can look at your visual field right now and view it as a bunch of straight lines vertically and horizontally... Or you can view it as a wavey curvy field.. And the two are identical.

Straight =curvy.  Curvy =straight ;)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Creation is infinite. It includes everything.

So, straight lines, being a part of everything, are included in creation.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I get it. But then we can apply that to everything not just straight lines. So why there are no curve lines in creation? ;) You can look at your visual field right now and view it as a bunch of straight lines vertically and horizontally... Or you can view it as a wavey curvy field.. And the two are identical.

My point was the concept of a perfectly straight line that we typically think of cannot exist objectively, and neither can the concept of a perfectly curved line.  Your concepts of straight and curved are just that: concepts. 

Hell, you cannot even find a completely solid “line” within reality to begin with, straight or curved.  An apparently solid “thing” like a line or any shape is only an appearance and always breaks down when investigated.  

42 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are right, though. That duality collapses precisely in that way. 

9 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

My point was the concept of a perfectly straight line that we typically think of cannot exist objectively, and neither can the concept of a perfectly curved line.  Your concepts of straight and curved are just that: concepts. 

Hell, you cannot even find a completely solid “line” within reality to begin with, straight or curved.  An apparently solid “thing” like a line or any shape is only an appearance and always breaks down when investigated.  

I agree :)

-Osho

5 hours ago, datamonster said:

When a human draws a straight line is that not part of creation?

It's still not absolutely straight