Extreme Z7

(Genuinely Sad) Normie Fooled by Tim Pool To Voting for Trump 2020

38 posts in this topic

Damn. A poor, hurt guy being suckered into voting for the same criminals and thugs who are making his life more difficult. This is why positive and effective messaging for high-conscious politics is so important, so that cases like this are avoided.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Oh. My. God.

People are so fucking dumb.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What most people forget is how uneducated most people are.

People do not even know a basic thing such as, What is democracy? or What is fascism?

A few moments of silence for my sinking heart. This well-intentioned dude.... No man...

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What most people forget is how uneducated most people are.

People do not even know a basic thing such as, What is democracy? or What is fascism?

I think with this specific person, the traumatic experiences they had including their depression and suicidal thoughts is an extra layer of problems that prevented them from gaining a level of cognitive ability equal to that of a Never Trumper  which is really sad. That's not even to mention their level of emotional intelligence. . .

I don't even know how I would even approach someone like this, much less try to convince them that they're being duped.

Just out of curiosity, how would you handle someone like this?

9 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I think with this specific person, the traumatic experiences they had including their depression and suicidal thoughts is an extra layer of problems

That's basically most people in the country.

Most people are struggling to cope with traumatic experiences and barely surviving. So they are ripe for intellectual exploitation. That's what fundamentalist religions and cults pray on. They specifically prey on people who are struggling with basic survival because such people are desperate enough to believe anything, to whom intellectual integrity is a luxury they can't afford.

I don't even know how I would even approach someone like this, much less try to convince them that they're being duped.

Just out of curiosity, how would you handle someone like this?

There is no substitute for education.

You can't take an uneducated person and after a few conversations have them behave like an educated person. Quality education takes a decade.

Which, BTW, is exactly why right-wingers, fascists, and fundamentalists attack and undermine the education system.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

There is no substitute for education.

You can't take an uneducated person and have a few conversations have them behave like an educated person. Quality education takes decades.

Yeah, that was my main option pretty much: Should I even bother? Probably not.

Such people simply need to be out-voted.

@Extreme Z7 From what I've heard this guy say, what appeals to him about Trump is the fact that Trump says what's immediately on his mind, he doesn't think about being PC. This can make him more relatable with the average Joe. Trump, because of his crassness, can come across as a 'non-elite', which is closer to home than some far-off 'elite'.

What can I say. People's minds truly work in amazingly strange and twisted ways. Especially uneducated people who know nothing about politics, how they vote!

Do I have a short-term solution to this situation? No, I don't. In the long-term, the way to prevent this would be for progressives to get really good at solving the common person's problems. If progressives are really able to give people education about politics, improvements in the economy, better healthcare for common people, etc. then these same common people would be voting left. They'd be saying 'Obama's my boy!! His M4A saved my life!!!! I will vote Democrat for the rest of my life.'

Progressives will always have a harder time winning elections because their task is harder. It is to actually solve problems that plague society. Conservatives will always have an easier time because their task is easier. It is to poke holes in progressive ideas and defend the status-quo. It is what it is.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

I think tim pool is alright in relation to most others.

Everyone has a bubble. He obviously leans right and that makes sense with all the inflammation coming from the left. 

2 minutes ago, mattstivender said:

I think tim pool is alright in relation to most others.

What others? 

What sucks about is that I get the feeling most Americans are like this, decent people who just get by paycheck to paycheck, this is why I value education and developing proper life skills so much. Its way too easy to be manipulated when you don't even have the education to know better

21 minutes ago, Bando said:

I get the feeling most Americans are like this, decent people who just get by paycheck to paycheck

So were Nazis in 1930's Germany.

The banality of evil.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People are so fucking dumb.

Yeah and Tim Pool himself is worse. God bless his soul, he's a little dim : P 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

44 minutes ago, Bando said:

What sucks about is that I get the feeling most Americans are like this, decent people who just get by paycheck to paycheck, this is why I value education and developing proper life skills so much. Its way too easy to be manipulated when you don't even have the education to know better

I know a handful of these people, it's genuinely sad to see them being so obviously manipulated and taken advantage of. Fact is that the Republican party has literally nothing to offer the average American that will make their lives better in any way, so it makes sense that they have to resort to these sort of tactics to win elections. And that's in addition to just outright disenfranchising people.

Edited by DocWatts
fixing typo

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

7 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

I know a handful of these people, it's genuinely sad to see them being so obviously manipulated and taken advantage of. Fact is that the Republican party has literally nothing to offer the average American that will make their lives better in any way, so it makes sense that they have to resort to these sort of tactics to win elections. And that's in addition to just outright disenfranchising people.

Ugh. 

???????

In addition to points made above, he is getting a ton of praise in conservative circles. He has about 500,000 views at 16k comments praising him. It looks like he is connecting with a lot of poor people working hard and taking personal responsibility. Those that have a strong aversion to anyone playing victim and elitists looking down on them. There is a lot of pride in being someone who got off drugs, took personal responsibility, turned their life around and is an independent hardworking man. 

As well, he is the posterboy example of bootstrap theory for conservatives. That poor black men in the hood just need to stop blaming others, stop dealing with drugs, get a job and work hard. Of course this has value, yet it is a myopic view that doesn't see the big picture of how wealth inequality, plutocracy and institutional racism are also factors. 

If I had to choose one key phrase that would resonate most strongly, it would be: taking personal responsibility. 

I think that the conversation around 'personal responsibility' needs to be reframed in a way that it can be reclaimed from people who only use it to moralize thier selfish behavior.

As in once your own needs are met, you have a Personal Responsibility to help other people in your community, especially if you can do so at little cost to yourself. 

Maybe reframe the conversation so that having the moral conviction to help others is looked at with the same romanticism as Rugged Individualism is in the current environment.

... Welp, guess I'll pull my heads out of the Clouds and return to reality, such as it is.^_^

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

33 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He has about 500,000 views at 16k comments praising him.

About how much attention the average Tim Pool video gets. He got lucky with the YouTube algorithm.

His video could very well end up getting ridiculed by Leftist Tube if it grabs enough of their attention.