Rosenqvist

Consciousness work and sleeping habits?

6 posts in this topic

I've been doing this consciousness work for more than 5 years. And the journey has been so incredible and unbelievable.  After that time I feel like I don't need to sleep so much. 

Does this work actually have this effect that you don't have to sleep so much anymore? 

And have anyone else had this effect?

Sadghuru only sleeps like 5-4 hours. He says its about eating the right food and being in tune with your body or something. So I think there might be some relation.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

do you have extra energy that doesn't allow you to sleep or you can't sleep because of overthinking? this is the difference

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

9 hours ago, hamedsf said:

do you have extra energy that doesn't allow you to sleep or you can't sleep because of overthinking? this is the difference

There's no extra energy that won't allow me to sleep or that I can't sleep.

I think you didn't understand. There's no "can't sleep". I just sleep 3-6 hours and I don't feel tired or anything.  :)

I just automatically wake up after those few hours and feel great.  

This is a common effect, my sleep need is decreasing too and I haven't been doing it as long as you.

I've experienced this as well.

Consciousness wants to be active in the body and when it is awake, it produces the desired effect.

When the body wants to rest it signals the mind and sleep comes over.

Very natural process, all in all.

The further you are on your spiritual path, the less sleep you need.

Edited by Eternal Unity

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.