LoveandPurpose

careers around curiosity (life purpose)

18 posts in this topic

hello everyone! 

trying to find my life purpose atm. I am a very curious person, it's one of my strengths, I'm very open-minded, I like the big picture, get excited by varity and newness but when it comes to the nitty gritty details I tend to lose interest and get stressed. 

I really like the idea of podcasting but not sure about that. Anyone got some ideas?

Go with what you got now, but expect it to change, morph and get much more specific as time goes on. Experiment, and you will get to know yourself better and therfore your LP also.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

8 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I am a very curious person, it's one of my strengths, I'm very open-minded, I like the big picture, get excited by varity and newness but when it comes to the nitty gritty details I tend to lose interest and get stressed.

That's how visionary creative people tend to be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The question is, what are you authentically curious about? Tinkering with sustainable solutions to humanity's problems? Solving effectively psychological barriers? Exploring the endless Beauty of the Universe? 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That resonates with me! 

What would be some concrete examples of people like that?

@SirVladimir Actually all of those, I think. 

And I fear that that could be a problem. I don't want to be a jack of all trades, master of none. Or maybe that's a strength I somehow can use.

1 hour ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@SirVladimir Actually all of those, I think. 

And I fear that that could be a problem. I don't want to be a jack of all trades, master of none. Or maybe that's a strength I somehow can use.

Nay, you're still in the process of searching as you said. Worry not. You'll find your one muse. Daily practice of shamanic breathing increased the 'obviousness' of my life purpose a hundred times over.

2 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@SirVladimir Will do shamanic breathing. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Sure, experiment with the breathing. It affects people differently. My top strength Appreciation of beauty & excellence plays a huge role I bet. If you're more down to earth than me, I'd love to give you some more practical tips, to say the least. But honestly, if it wasn't for the breathwork, I wouldn't have found a life purpose. 

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

If you're more down to earth than me, I'd love to give you some more practical tips

Don't know if that's the case but I'd still appreciate some tips! ;):)  

Yeah, about that... As I said, I wouldn't have found my LP without the breathing. So here are some quick dirty tricks to it:

• Wait for the night to fall. Lights and objects are usually distracting. When everything lingers in shadow, you may feel more at peace.
  • Be rapt by the presence. Just observe the darkness for a few dozen seconds before you begin the breathwork.
  • Music: I used to listen to drums. Nowadays I have switched to songs by Loreena McKennitt (I find them to work extremely well in leaving the 'ego luggage' back at earth and going beyond) or instrumental soundtracks. Whatever awakens the beauty in you, friend. 
  • For longer sessions, which usually range between 30-40 minutes, keep a mix playing in the background while you breathe. The original I use unfortunately is no longer available on Youtube. For shorter sessions, 10 minutes max, play music after you stop breathing. Look for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdElzvGlZbo
  • The peak and the afterglow are the most transcendental and 'insightful' phases. When I stop breathing, it hits me more intensely. Here is an outline of, literally, my thoughts as they happened on the night when I discovered my LP: this breathing is intense - it's fascinating how powerful a breath is - I'm basking here in the eternal moment, wow - all these lines are linguistic concepts - damn, Africa is such a fascinating continent - this music is fucking transcendental - when I let go of ordinary concepts of language, I can literally be anywhere - the map of the whole world is right here in front of my eyes - it's so tiny, meaningless - I'm now basking on these eternal plains of Africa, which is just a space construct - I can be anywhere; anywhere is here - oh - oh, that's my life purpose - to bring people to see this beauty too - the eternal peace - the beauty of the universe - the flowing river of this moment - <...> goes further.

As you can see, it's pretty straightforward. :D I hope yours is a pattern similar to mine. Especially if you are curious. Let your number one question be: Where lies the border between possible and impossible? Don't approach this question head-on, let it flow, let the breathing reveal the answer. As I say, you'll find your purpose in the music. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ever since I started this work years ago, my ability to comprehend something such as mathematics has been degrading massively. Like massively. So much I don't think I would be able to continue to study IT at a university a year from now. Throughout the years, I worried about schizophrenia, alzheimer's, all sorts of disorders, but the transcendental beauty just becomes so evident, so undeniably here. It's comical how thin the barrier between spirituality and madness is.

Edited by SirVladimir

7 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

Me

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

Neale Donald Walsch, he is a very creative writer, spiritual teacher, but also a chaotic person, he himself acknowledges having little discipline.

@Leo Gura B|

When your attention is fragmented into a thousand ways, how do you find something to focus on/to dedicate your life to/to master?

I have this fear of missing out, the world is so interesting and fascinating that focusing on one aspect of life feels like I'm not experiencing everything I want to.

And I know that that's my part to figure out but maybe you have a tip to push me in the right direction. Right now it's feels like I'm lost in this sea of possibilities.

4 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I have this fear of missing out, the world is so interesting and fascinating that focusing on one aspect of life feels like I'm not experiencing everything I want to.

same with me