Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt23

New contra polar political system? Unity 2020: Bret Weinstein and co.

9 posts in this topic

Here's a page for a new movement called "Unity 2020".  

I have not researched it much at all, but from my initial scans of the page, the essence seems to be a new political system for the U.S.  That system being nominating 2 people (perhaps one from either side of the political spectrum) to co-govern the states.  At the start of the presidential period, a "coin toss" beings alternating turns of who has final say on issues which cannot be solved through consensus between the two leaders.

https://articlesofunity.org/

Though I'd post it for resource and research purposes.  Seemed interesting.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Co-governing with the devil. What could go wrong?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Are you suggesting something along these lines? ...

Backroom-Deal.jpg

Haha or perhaps this?...

tenor.gif

As an aside, the Roman Republic used a similar system with thier governing system, where they would elect two Consuls to serve as heads of state; and it didn't stop their system from collapsing in on itself.

For a system like that to even have a chance at working both sides would have to be working in Good faith, which is far from a given in when you consider that one of our two political parties operates as a corporatist shill with no moral qualms about eroding Democracy if its politically advantageous to do so (look at almost anything that Mitch McConnell has done if you want evidence for this).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

our two political parties operates as a corporatist shill with no moral qualms about eroding Democracy if its politically advantageous to do so

... corporatist shill you say?... no moral qualms about eroding Democracy if it's politically advantageous to do so you say?...

tenor.gif

I kinda get the sense that Bret Weinstein may be dipping his toe in the reactionary tent a bit.  I don't really know lots about politics or his politics, but just from the little I've heard him speak and the circles he tends to swim in, I get a bit of a stage Green-Red-Blue (i.e., not Orange) resistance.  But I dunno.

Edited by Matt23

What these people don't get it is that appeasing bad faith actors doesn't work.

It's the same problem as appeasing Nazis or narcissists. You will give and give, and they will take and take. They are shameless and self-deluded.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What these people don't get it is that appeasing bad faith actors doesn't work.

It's the same problem as appeasing Nazis or narcissists. You will give and give, and they will take and take.

This ^^  %1000.

39 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

I kinda get the sense that Bret Weinstein may be dipping his toe in the reactionary tent a bit.  I don't really know lots about politics or his politics, but just from the little I've heard him speak and the circles he tends to swim in, I get a bit of a stage Green-Red-Blue (i.e., not Orange) resistance.  But I dunno.

Yeah I can think of a number of public intellectuals on the Left who've had some negative experiences with some aspect of Green (usually some politically charged culture wars issue that's impacted them in some way), and end up dipping a toe in to Right wing reactionary politics in response to this.

You don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water though, as people can still provide valuable insights through their work, despite them having somewhat unenlightened or misinformed positions on some social issues. 

Edited by DocWatts