lostmedstudent

What do you guys think of OSHO ?

28 posts in this topic

I just finished watching the netflix documentary Wild Wild country. it was pretty good, but i found that it actually painted a pretty positive picture of Osho (it demonized his secretary Sheela). I was expecting some Jones Town shit to go down in his ashram, but it wasnt nearly to the same extent and the series didnt really explain who was behind the illegal operations. Like, if there was a rajneeshpuram today, i might join even after watching  this show, cause it just doesnt seem that bad. 

Does anyone has a more in depth understanding of Osho and his teaching ? im curious 

I’m pretty sure Osho didn’t teach most of his stuff because he was private and expected everyone to moderate themselves (which clearly didn’t happen.)

If Osho only invited Turquoise people into his place then nothing bad would have come of it. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

1 hour ago, lostmedstudent said:

I just finished watching the netflix documentary Wild Wild country. it was pretty good, but i found that it actually painted a pretty positive picture of Osho (it demonized his secretary Sheela). I was expecting some Jones Town shit to go down in his ashram, but it wasnt nearly to the same extent and the series didnt really explain who was behind the illegal operations. Like, if there was a rajneeshpuram today, i might join even after watching  this show, cause it just doesnt seem that bad. 

Does anyone has a more in depth understanding of Osho and his teaching ? im curious 

The Ranjeeshpuram of today is Nithyananda. Find his youtube channels and watch his videos, you will find the exact vibe as Osho, but even better.

1 hour ago, lostmedstudent said:

Rajneesh aka OSHO without a doubt is one of the most fascinating and transcendental being I ever saw, his teachings has nothing to do with his commune or any of his disciples, you must just listen OSHO to comprehend his character better for yourself. We can learn a lot from his teachings and infact Leo asserted it very clearly in one of SD videos that "he was a good teacher but not a good leader".

So if you wanna go through some of his teachings do it via yt channel named "OSHO International" which is the only legit source to hear him imo, as I don't know much about other resources for now.

P.S. Let me assert it over again only listen Rajneesh to know about him better as there's too much toxicity in his name out there so be a lil wary of any such sources.

Thank-you and I hope it helps?

@lostmedstudent osho is one of the best. osho is the absolute center of existence, manifest in form. osho is life itself. speaking to you. silence shared in words. check out his youtube. 

also the website osho.com

lots of free reading. asks you to sign up after a few reads but that's also free. you can even enter a fake email if you're lazy and dont want newsletters etc

dive in. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

It's just a story. The documentary brilliantly tells it for the purpose of entertainment. It was a reaction of personalities and circumstances with that conservative town in Oregon, but ultimately as impersonal and random as the formation of the universe itself. Both the town, the US government officials, Osho and Sheela and the people the community attracted were all trying to heal themselves, mutually attracting and reacting into the characters they played at the time of it, among all those crazy circumstances. 

The problem with spiritual communities is that they often start with the assumption that there are spiritual people and not spiritual people. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

You cannot see Osho.

You cannot touch Osho.

You cannot smell Osho.

You cannot hear Osho.

You cannot taste Osho.

You cannot feel Osho.

You cannot know Osho.

Osho is the One who sees.

Osho is the One who touches.

Osho is the One who smells.

Osho is the One who hears.

Osho is the One who tastes.

Osho is the One who feels.

Osho is the One who knows.

Osho is Pure Awareness . And so are You. In form everyone can be judged. Osho knew himself as the formless. And lived from that deep place within. You can see it if you ever watched him. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Here in India there are people who "worship" Osho . Just like how they worship the Buddha in Eastern Bengal.  That tells who this guy was. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

I like to listen to his talks as audio books. You can get them from Audible for the cost of a audio book and some of them are over 40 hours long.

It's good stuff, definitely check it out.

Also;

39 minutes ago, Nahm said:

He’s so undeniable. Hard not to fall in love with the guy. 

This right here.

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Bittu

He could facilitate your wildest most outrageous bachelor party and your most beautiful breathtaking wedding ceremony, and magically everyone involved would be enamored. Lmao. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Here in India there are people who "worship" Osho . Just like how they worship the Buddha in Eastern Bengal.  That tells who this guy was. 

What does that tell you about him?

@lostmedstudent  Osho undoubtedly created a powerful platform for teaching consciousness in the west, I have met people that have been in his presence and they can only speak of how he fills the space with a very deep love. I know Osho's work is banned in China, probably because his work is so liberating it can disturb certain societies.  

55 minutes ago, Mosess said:

What does that tell you about him?

He was one of a kind. A real enlightened master. Probably the last "prophet".  If you want to feel what it's like to see the Buddha or Jesus and hear them  talk.. You can see Osho. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

One of the best enlightened teacher, some of his words have given me great awakenings. I highly recommend reading through his book Yoga the alpha and omega. Read it here.

Here are some quotes:

"NOW THE DISCIPLINE OF YOGA"

"YOGA IS THE CESSATION OF MIND"

"Yoga is a jump into the unknown. It will not be right to say ”unknown”; rather, ”unknowable”."

"Mind is activity"

"THEN THE WITNESS IS ESTABLISHED IN ITSELF. IN THE OTHER STATES THERE IS IDENTIFICATION WITH THE MODIFICATIONS OF THE MIND."

"Don't identify with the self."

"Total hopelessness means now there is no hope. And when there is no hope there cannot be hopelessness."

"Knowledge is the most subtle food for ego: you feel you are something. You know; you become somebody."

"Yoga says ¨ and let it penetrate you very deeply because it will be very meaningful ¨C yoga says that the more you are impatient, the more time will be needed for your transformation. The more in hurry, the more you will be delayed. Hurry itself creates such a confusion that delay will result."

"If you are infinitely patient, this very moment transformation can happen. If you are ready to wait forever, you may not wait even for the next moment. This very moment the thing can happen, because it is not a question of time, it is a question of your quality of the mind."

"You have to drop into it, not to reach anywhere. And the dropping is possible only if you are totally patient."

"In life everything is a rhythm. You are happy and then follows unhappiness. Night and day, summer and winter; life is a rhythm between two opposites. When you try to become aware the same rhythm will be there: sometimes you are aware and sometimes not.

So don¡¯t create a problem, because you are such experts in creating problems that out of the blue you can create a problem. And once you have created a problem then you want to solve it. And then there are people who will supply you with answers. A wrong problem is always answered by a wrong answer. And then it can go on ad infinitum; then a wrong answer again creates questions. From the very beginning one has to be aware not to create a wrong problem. Otherwise the whole of life goes on and on in the wrong direction. Always try to understand not to create a problem. Everything pulsates into a rhythm, and when I say everything, I mean everything. Love, and there is hate; awareness, and there is unawareness. Don¡¯t create any problem: enjoy both. While aware enjoy awareness, and while unaware enjoy unawareness ¨C nothing is wrong, because unawareness is like a rest. Otherwise, awareness will become a tension. If you are awake twenty-four hours, how many days you think you can be alive? Without food a man can live for three months; without sleep, within three weeks he will go mad, and he will try to commit suicide. In the day you are alert; in the night you relax, and that relaxation helps you in the day again to be more alert, fresh. Energies have passed through a rest period; they are more alive in the morning again. The same will happen in meditation: few moments you are perfectly aware, at the peak; few moments you are in the valley, resting ¨C awareness has disappeared, you have forgotten. But what is wrong in it? It is simple. Through unawareness will arise again awareness, fresh, young, and this will go on. And if you can enjoy both you become the third, and that is the point to be understood. If you can enjoy both it means you are neither ¨C neither awareness nor unawareness, you are the one who enjoys both. Something of the beyond enters. In fact, this is the real witness. Happiness you enjoy ¨C what is wrong when happiness has gone and you have become sad? What is wrong in sadness? Enjoy it. And once you become capable of enjoying sadness, then you are neither. And this I tell you: that if you enjoy, sadness has its own beauties. Happiness is a little shallow; sadness is very deep, it has a depth into it. A man who has never been sad will be shallow, just on the surface. Sadness is like a dark night ¨C very deep. Darkness has a silence into it, sadness also. Happiness bubbles, there is a sound in it. It is like a river in the mountains; sound is created. But in the mountains, river can never be very deep; it is always shallow. When the river comes to the plain it becomes deep, but the sound stops. It moves as if not moving. Sadness has a depth. Why create trouble? While happy, be happy, enjoy it. Don¡¯t get identified with it. When I say be happy, I mean enjoy it. Let it be a climate which will move and change. The morning changes into the noon, the noon changes into the evening, and then comes night. Let happiness be a climate around you. Enjoy it, and then comes sadness... enjoy that too. I teach you enjoyment, whatsoever the case. Sit silently and enjoy sadness, and suddenly sadness is no more sadness; it has become a silent peaceful moment, beautiful in itself, nothing wrong in it. And then comes the ultimate alchemy, the point where suddenly you realize you are neither ¨C neither happiness nor sadness. You are the watcher ¨C you watch peaks, you watch valleys; you are neither. Once this point is attained, you can go on celebrating everything. You celebrate life and you celebrate death. You celebrate happiness, you celebrate unhappiness. You celebrate everything. Then you are not identified with any polarity. Both the polarities have become available to you together, and you can move from one to the other easily. You have become liquid-like, you flow. Then you can use both, and both can become a help into your growth. Remember this: don¡¯t create problems. Try to understand the situation, try to understand the polarity of life. In summer it is hot, in winter it is cold ¨C so where is the problem? In winter enjoy cold, in summer enjoy heat. In summer enjoy the sun; in the night enjoy the stars and the darkness, in the day the sun and the light. You make enjoyment your continuity, whatsoever happens. In spite of it you go on enjoying. You try it, and suddenly everything is transfigured and transformed."

15 hours ago, Applegarden said:

The Ranjeeshpuram of today is Nithyananda. Find his youtube channels and watch his videos, you will find the exact vibe as Osho, but even better.

Nithyananda is no OSHO. He's a crook. Rape cases and child abuse(Not in a sexual way but scolding and beating them, not feeding them sometimes to make them manifest third eye powers or whatever... ) cases on him. Because indian authorities are onto him, he left India bought an island and made it into a new country. I would never recommend anybody to associate with him in anyway.

Edited by PopoyeSailor

He was legit for sure. He said some cooky things though like someone put a hex on him i think later in his life? He is perhaps a bit more eccentric than other teachers. The problems at his ashram seemed to come from people bellow him that he delegated much of the day to day stuff to. I haven't seen the documentary but from what I have heard he was pretty hands off on that stuff and didn't really do much managerial stuff at all.

4 hours ago, PopoyeSailor said:

Nithyananda is no OSHO. He's a crook. Rape cases and child abuse(Not in a sexual way but scolding and beating them, not feeding them sometimes to make them manifest third eye powers or whatever... ) cases on him. Because indian authorities are onto him, he left India bought an island and made it into a new country. I would never recommend anybody to associate with him in anyway.

You know, i have witnessed these kids showing their powers. There is on and off akashik reading online sessions where these kids do reding on your past and future and give blessings e.c.t. Before they do that, one of them did a blindfold reading trough a zoom conforence call. I showed my phone screen background which is this image.

Adiyogi.jpg

The little child in about 10 seconds with like full blindfold said to me: "This is isha foundation adiyogi." It blew my mind and left an impression no media can destroy.

Not only that, he has a wonderful book, called Living enlightenment.

http://lifeblissprograms.org/e-books/pdf/le_abridged.pdf

And his ability to explain such subtle concepts like completion and unclutching (which comes from the original hindu scriptures btw) that practically has helped me SO FUCKING MUCH OH MY GOD, i can't even. And if you are so familliar with mystics like Sadhguru, Papaji and FUCKING Osho. How ignorant do you have to be to not see that Osho also was exposed, fucked by the US goverment, media, poisioned, forced to retreat US, and so much fucking more. Don't you see the corroupt world we are living in?

Whats the fucking difference between him and Osho or Sadhguru or Shoonyamurti? Maybe that he is more powerful and authentic towards the people (rishis) who wrote down the knowledge of the universe into the scriptures for seekers to get in touch with.

There is also a great videos on Leo's channel about being more openminded to the master's CONTENT and seeing if the content fucking WORKS, rather than image, circumstances, and the opinion of society. If sadhguru told that he is consencrating dhyanalinga when he was doing it, there would be no dhyanalinga btw. If you are looking a clean secular guru whom you will listen only if he has a good media image then i have very bad news for you. Will you find an authentic one? Time and time again i can say, Leo gets constant shit for running what he does and the more radical he goes, the more the disconnect and attacks from society.

Btw i am laughing how this is different if not worse potrayal of a spiritual teacher than what Nityhananda does.

4 hours ago, PopoyeSailor said:

Just for Shits and giggles:

I find it very interesting that people are more interested into what media say rather than testing the authenticity of somebody's teachings. It blows my mind every time. The only reason why people in mass have reverance of Osho is because hes dead. :D I am not saying believe me, but can you be a bit more rational and seek some facts yourself? Nithyananda has done this for decades and there is so much satsangs he does every fucking day literally, so much content in his yt. I wonder how can he speak so much, this speaks competence to me and actualizing a life purpose of sharing hinduism and life positivity. If you have a greater vision you will have enemies. Knowing India's corrouption i wonder how he is even alive to this day Good for him that he left India, he would be assasinated. If you are trying to pull people out of consumerism and depression, no wonder you will be targeted and slandered. I don't know how would somebody who is initiated Sannyas and has the experience of advaita would go after sex if he knows thats just not going to satisfy him and damage his progression on his life purpose. Meanwhile parasites in nature exist. I wonder, how is it really? And about association. Osho was all about that, just to trigger people and share his message. But i associate myself with Nithyananda, because he basically saved my life the most of all the guru kind of people. Nobody in my experience gives solutions to lifes's problems better than this guy. Sure, go on and trigger me, i don't think i will respond. But i am here for the other readers who are interested in the structure of the teaching rather than the image.