Thestarguitarist14

How many of you actually practice law of attraction?

348 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

You clearly are still in stage orange/achiever level thinking.  That is it.  You are not on my level.

If it makes you feel better, funny how you dont answer any of my questions. Should try not to be so judgemental and defensive, you may attract it in your life 

10 minutes ago, Consept said:

If it makes you feel better, funny how you dont answer any of my questions. Should try not to be so judgemental and defensive, you may attract it in your life 

I’m not being judgmental.  I am simply stating a fact.

And all you want to do is bicker.  You have no interest in adopting new beliefs that will change your life.

One day you will look back at this and say “I fucked up.”

@Thestarguitarist14 it shouldn't be about adopting any new beliefs, we have enough!!

You don't have to believe in loa for it to work. BUT a strong disbelief (which is actually a belief in disguise) will sheild you from seeing what's right there.  What's important is the open, curious mind, which does not make the distinction of 'does work /not work' 'real /not real' and doesn't need to prove either way. If it's working, it's working, and if you see it, you see it. 

If you are open to the experience of law of attraction, it will be a very real experience for you. If you are open to the experience of a Christian God who answers your prayers and grants wishes like a genie, that will be a real experience for you. If you are open to telepathic communication with a rainbow coloured light being from another dimension and planet, that can be a very real experience for you. 

And there will always be those who don't see what you see. And that's OK. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Just now, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I’m not being judgmental.  I am simply stating a fact.

And all you want to do is bicker.  You have no interest in adopting new beliefs that will change your life.

One day you will look back at this and say “I fucked up.”

Nah not really i just like to question peoples strongly held beliefs to see how they came to believe what they do and if it could be true, its just epistemology. I also feel like if i point out flaws in their beliefs they may notice them and maybe question their beliefs and not be so tied to them. What i find interesting is that although ive never outright said its not true youve taken a really defensive attitude to my line of questioning, i find this to be a common theme in people with dogmatic beliefs, religious people, Trump people, conspiracy theorists etc. 

Im not really giving or have given an opinion on LOA but because im not agreeing it youve painted me in whatever way allows you to maintain that belief, its easier to you to think of me as 'some orange guy who doesnt get it', despite the fact you have zero data on me or know me, than to actually answer questions or have a real discussion about it, i feel this would be the case with anyone that disagrees with you on this. 

On one hand I see that LOA could be useful, it doesnt appear to have any scientific backing or real evidence but nevertheless having an abundant mindest is obviously important. As i said its nothing new in the field of psychology although Maslows abundant mindset is a bit different from LOA. On the other hand dogmatic beliefs in general can be dangerous, im not necessarily saying you, but someone could believe in it so much that they suggest people dont get treatment for cancer for example, because they believe in manifesting so much. Or, like someone i know, literally think they have to take no action to get material things, this is very common. I think the Secret and books like that are there to make money and they over simplify deeper psychological concepts which are still just concepts but nevertheless. Ultimately i think people are scared of not being in control of their life and scared of uncertainty, LOA offers a way to give some kind of certainty to peoples lives, because if it works they did it but if it doesnt they also did it, this is the real crux of why its so popular. The ego has become so strong in recent times and this is the ultimate ego celebration of power. Just my opinion   

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Thestarguitarist14

Pearls & swine can be a tough one. Most clarifying and illuminating of the nature of suffering though. I for one will just say thank you for your offering and efforts here. 

I appreciate the acknowledgement.  Doing my best to help others I some way. 

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Thestarguitarist14 it shouldn't be about adopting any new beliefs, we have enough!!

You don't have to believe in loa for it to work. BUT a strong disbelief (which is actually a belief in disguise) will sheild you from seeing what's right there.  What's important is the open, curious mind, which does not make the distinction of 'does work /not work' 'real /not real' and doesn't need to prove either way. If it's working, it's working, and if you see it, you see it. 

If you are open to the experience of law of attraction, it will be a very real experience for you. If you are open to the experience of a Christian God who answers your prayers and grants wishes like a genie, that will be a real experience for you. If you are open to telepathic communication with a rainbow coloured light being from another dimension and planet, that can be a very real experience for you. 

And there will always be those who don't see what you see. And that's OK. 

Truth.  You can only take a horse to the water.  But you can’t force them to drink from it.

It is a real law. People saying its not is because they have not studied the Dynamics plus experienced such process more conciously to identifity and distinguish the creation details. It not only works if you are high vibration, it works on all levels of vibration. And it works if you are unconscious as well. 

People dont get to experience it well because what they desire they dont believe it 100%. And mayb their desire level is low aswell. When you truly desire something, you will feel certain of it and you immediately enter that World frequency. Your vibration changes in an instant. People react to your new frequency. You behave and feel in a total new World. And you start to attract more thoughts of that World frequency. After you enter that frequency you will become a magnet of those experiences you are thinking. But one has to stay on that frequency consistently, this is the transition process of one frequency to a new one. If you dont pass it, you will fall in your old one again and never see change. 

For ex, if you want to make money for real, if you enter into a specific frequency perspective of infinite ones about money. You will then have the permision slip to act towards money. The Internet is the fastest vehicle. If you are not certain on that desire you will fall back and say LOA dont works on money. Beliefs will pull you back. 

For ex, i have attracted all my understanding of reality and enligthenment/truth through thought. Such as many of you, who prob were not conscious of doing this. But i have also attracted  multiple business deals out of nowhere. Also have attracted danger, by entering into the devils frequency on purpose. Actually hell is dangerous but its Fun. You feel very alive when your mind believes it gotta survive. Thou, Its not so Fun if you dont know how to get out of this frequency and it can bring big trouble aswell. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

It's so frustrating to see so many believing in nonsense.

You guys don't care about Truth. You believe any nonsense which makes you happy. And other stuff which you want to believe in. That's the only thing you care about.

Would you rather be happy or have Truth? Maybe there's actually no conflict? 

You believe that other's believe in nonsense. Maybe that belief is nonsense. Why is it frustrating? How does it effect you? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

It's so frustrating to see so many believing in nonsense.

You guys don't care about Truth. You believe any nonsense which makes you happy. And other stuff which you want to believe in. That's the only thing you care about.

Maybe you believe in nonsense. I am pretty sure that all the LOA guys achieved their goals faster than you, regardless of them treating an universal law in a childish manner.

8 minutes ago, Consept said:

Can you break down the universal law? I'm not clear on the nature of this law

Your true self creates EVERYTHING you experience therefore if you are slightly more consciouss than normal you will experience the new age version of LOA, if you were a lot more consciouss you could change more "facts" about reality. 

Things like telekinesis etc. are just high level LOA.

1 minute ago, Michal__ said:

Your true self creates EVERYTHING you experience therefore if you are slightly more consciouss than normal you will experience the new age version of LOA, if you were a lot more consciouss you could change more "facts" about reality. 

Things like telekinesis etc. are just high level LOA.

12 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with you, but in what sense is this a 'law'? Are you saying it's a scientific law? As that is usually what 'law' would refer to 

1 minute ago, Consept said:

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with you, but in what sense is this a 'law'? Are you saying it's a scientific law? As that is usually what 'law' would refer to 

Metaphysical law, but you could call it how you want if the term is somehow important for you. 

There are people who literally changed the age of their parents by accident.

@Michal__ it's not that it's important, it's just it implies that it's a scientific law, which would make it as strong a phonomena as gravity for example. But I can't see where its listed as a law in any scientific literature, for example there are no scientists that actually talk about the law of attraction as a law. As I understand it, it means like attracts like, but this is not true in the world as magnets with the same polarity don't attract each other, masculine energy doesn't attract masculine energy etc. You could also call it confirmation bias, as in the more you think about something as true, the more your mind looks for confirmation of this. 

How do you mean they changed the parents age? 

It's only a law from a certain perspective. The thing is, you want to identify with that perspective because man is manifest. You're either conscious of (or aligned with) this want or desire or unconscious of it. 

We often want to resist that we are creation, creating. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, Consept said:

As I understand it, it means like attracts like, but this is not true in the world as magnets with the same polarity don't attract each other, masculine energy doesn't attract masculine energy etc. You could also call it confirmation bias, as in the more you think about something as true, the more your mind looks for confirmation of this. 

No because the man, manifest is an act. You are the whole, the entirety, you are not. So you are attracted to opposites in a desire for wholeness. 

Confirmation bias assumes that there is an objective true way to see and think of things. There isn't. This is a horrifying realization for a few seconds and then actually felt as the deepest most fulfilling freedom and relief. 

Edited by mandyjw

Anyway LOA doesn't make sense from a low/average consciousness perspective, can't be ever fully explained logically.

Edited by Michal__

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

objective true way to see and think of things. There isn't. This is a horrifying realization for a few seconds and then actually felt as the deepest most fulfilling freedom and relief.

I agree there is no way to objectively see things. The law of attraction to me seems to be a way to put the individual as the cause of everything in their life, i think this would be a contradiction to an idea of oneness, which i believe is the case. For example lets say all the atoms in your body had brains and were conscious, so they think theyre individual but are obviously part of one whole thing. They would not have control over what happened to them, the control would seemingly be in the whole, so whatever happened to each individual would be a result of what was happening to the whole. LOA seems to think each atom could control their lives by thinking what they want to happen into existence. 

@Michal__ This is for both of you, this is an excerpt from an article about the LOA, please read be open minded and give your opinion - 

"The law of attraction is actually just a candied up version of an old psychological concept called the “confirmation bias.” The confirmation bias is well-studied and researchers have known about it for decades.

As human beings, we have a limited amount of attention for all the stuff going on around us. Therefore, whether we realize it or not (usually not), we are always choosing what we pay attention to. The confirmation bias is the human mind’s tendency to notice and pay more attention to objects and experiences that match its preexisting thoughts and beliefs. It does this for the simple reason that it is biologically economical and efficient.4

We’ve all experienced the confirmation bias millions of times, you’ve probably just never realized it before. For example, you spend years not really paying attention to what kind of car people drive. But then the time comes for you to start thinking about buying a car and suddenly you notice the make and model of cars all over the place. You start making decisions about which styles you like and what features you care about. You start noticing these details because, for the first time, they are salient and relevant to your thoughts and desires, whereas before they weren’t.

Or let’s say that a close friend breaks your trust and you have a huge fight. Suddenly you find yourself thinking back and noticing all sorts of shady and questionable behavior from your friend that you never noticed or thought about before. Things you can’t believe you overlooked or missed. But before, because you trusted your friend, you didn’t notice them. Now that you don’t trust them, you notice a long trail of red flags.

Essentially, The Secret is an attempt to leverage the confirmation bias to one’s advantage. The idea is that if you’re constantly thinking positive thoughts about yourself, you will begin to notice little things in your experiences that confirm these beliefs, thus helping them come true. On the other hand, if you’re constantly thinking negative feelings about yourself, the negative feedback in your environment will stand out to you, thus making you feel worse.

The Secret advocates that people assume the identities of the person they wish to become — to actually believe that they are already rich, already skinny and healthy, already in a perfect relationship. Essentially, The Secret tells you to become delusionally positive about yourself for a long enough period of time that your natural confirmation bias kicks in and you only attend to the things in your life that match these new beliefs.

This may actually be beneficial — at least at first — for people who have some pretty fucked up and delusional negative beliefs about themselves. Simply changing the way you see things from “always shitty” to “always great” would probably have a pretty big impact in a lot of areas for some people.

But at some point, you actually have to, you know, do something…"

Now is it possible that LOA is just confirmation bias given New Agey pseudo-scientific language? It does work to and extent and the results are probably the same, this is something that has always been in humans so it stands to reason that it can be seen as age old wisdom, and i guess being able to use it to your advantage is wisdom. Wouldnt this psychological explanation make more sense than the one presented by books like The Secret? It doesnt take away the effectiveness of it, it just takes out the belief in something unprovable. There have been different incarnations of The Secret and im sure people believed them as well, does their need to be a New Agey belief structure behind it? 

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

I agree there is no way to objectively see things. The law of attraction to me seems to be a way to put the individual as the cause of everything in their life, i think this would be a contradiction to an idea of oneness, which i believe is the case. For example lets say all the atoms in your body had brains and were conscious, so they think theyre individual but are obviously part of one whole thing. They would not have control over what happened to them, the control would seemingly be in the whole, so whatever happened to each individual would be a result of what was happening to the whole. LOA seems to think each atom could control their lives by thinking what they want to happen into existence. 

@Michal__ This is for both of you, this is an excerpt from an article about the LOA, please read be open minded and give your opinion - 

"The law of attraction is actually just a candied up version of an old psychological concept called the “confirmation bias.” The confirmation bias is well-studied and researchers have known about it for decades.

As human beings, we have a limited amount of attention for all the stuff going on around us. Therefore, whether we realize it or not (usually not), we are always choosing what we pay attention to. The confirmation bias is the human mind’s tendency to notice and pay more attention to objects and experiences that match its preexisting thoughts and beliefs. It does this for the simple reason that it is biologically economical and efficient.4

We’ve all experienced the confirmation bias millions of times, you’ve probably just never realized it before. For example, you spend years not really paying attention to what kind of car people drive. But then the time comes for you to start thinking about buying a car and suddenly you notice the make and model of cars all over the place. You start making decisions about which styles you like and what features you care about. You start noticing these details because, for the first time, they are salient and relevant to your thoughts and desires, whereas before they weren’t.

Or let’s say that a close friend breaks your trust and you have a huge fight. Suddenly you find yourself thinking back and noticing all sorts of shady and questionable behavior from your friend that you never noticed or thought about before. Things you can’t believe you overlooked or missed. But before, because you trusted your friend, you didn’t notice them. Now that you don’t trust them, you notice a long trail of red flags.

Essentially, The Secret is an attempt to leverage the confirmation bias to one’s advantage. The idea is that if you’re constantly thinking positive thoughts about yourself, you will begin to notice little things in your experiences that confirm these beliefs, thus helping them come true. On the other hand, if you’re constantly thinking negative feelings about yourself, the negative feedback in your environment will stand out to you, thus making you feel worse.

The Secret advocates that people assume the identities of the person they wish to become — to actually believe that they are already rich, already skinny and healthy, already in a perfect relationship. Essentially, The Secret tells you to become delusionally positive about yourself for a long enough period of time that your natural confirmation bias kicks in and you only attend to the things in your life that match these new beliefs.

This may actually be beneficial — at least at first — for people who have some pretty fucked up and delusional negative beliefs about themselves. Simply changing the way you see things from “always shitty” to “always great” would probably have a pretty big impact in a lot of areas for some people.

But at some point, you actually have to, you know, do something…"

Now is it possible that LOA is just confirmation bias given New Agey pseudo-scientific language? It does work to and extent and the results are probably the same, this is something that has always been in humans so it stands to reason that it can be seen as age old wisdom, and i guess being able to use it to your advantage is wisdom. Wouldnt this psychological explanation make more sense than the one presented by books like The Secret? It doesnt take away the effectiveness of it, it just takes out the belief in something unprovable. There have been different incarnations of The Secret and im sure people believed them as well, does their need to be a New Agey belief structure behind it? 

This whole perspective flies out the window after you experience/witness literal miracles.

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

i think this would be a contradiction to an idea of oneness, which i believe is the case.

An idea of oneness is NOT oneness, so can you see the potential value in a contradiction to the idea of oneness?