Javfly33

I deeply regret having done spirituality withouth doing basic survival stuff

51 posts in this topic

Having said that, I admit I did spirituality because of personal development. Maybe 2% was because of Truth´s sake. But still.

I made the mistake of doing spirituality intensely the last years, trying to "trascend" survival. I was just such an naive fool. 

Had some awakenings, some great realizations. Some important healings of the psyche of my ego. Hell I even realized I am not the body or the mind.

Yet 2 months ago I started a job ( I was living with my parents until then) and everything that I "learned" of spirituality went through the window. Not only that, but also my baseline level of consciousness suffered a deep regression.

Right now 99% of my day consist of getting stressed out to do my job and the rest of the day trying to get a new job. So now basically I literally spend 100% of my cognitive energy of my day on survival stuff! Before I had no job so I could spent maybe 30% in studying so the 70% left I could contemplate, meditate...etc.

Not even psychedelics work it seems. Did some DMT last friday. Had the most amazing afterglow of my life, yet when monday comes, my job kills my back. And no consciousness can help with that. Ego will help me to try to find a better thing and more conscious job.

My advice is, make sure you got basic things sorted out, before you try to do stuff of high level ego development as Leo talks about in his last video .

Edited by Javfly33

Its not over, you can still do the basics stuff, restart everything, realize what's missing, you can do it.

Your advice is advisable - if you want to succeed in the rat race.

But does it even make any difference?

You realize the rat race before you take part in it ... you won't take part in it, because it is the rat race.

You realize the rat race after you've taken part in it, you will stop taking part in it, because it is the rat race.

Rats don't race when they organize the race.

They let other rats race.

Let them race.

And that will be a trap that a lot more people here fall into. Because my work does not cover survival aspects of personal dev as much as most of you need.

You have to understand that my work is very advanced. It is not a complete teaching that takes you from A to Z. It takes you from L to Z. The A to L part you must figure out elsewhere.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Defo bro, it’s why I preach so much about the importance of fundamentals, it’s easy to be peaceful on top of the Himalayas but try it with 2 screaming kids and a loan shark at the door ;) 

Although, with time & deepening of your awakenings, the background of peace and happiness that is your true nature will never go. Of course you’ll be stressed and tired or angry from time to time, but that’s called emotions. 

I would highly recommend saving enough money to either start an online business & pursue financial freedom, or try to get a job you T least enjoy since it is such a huge part of life.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Just now, LfcCharlie4 said:

it’s easy to be peaceful on top of the Himalayas but try it with 2 screaming kids and a loan shark at the door

Then don't have kids and loan sharks at your door.

If you do, turn your kids into loan sharks.

Well, after some time you will realize job is not that bad, you will just do everything more responsibly and unclutch from the drama. It will get MUCH easier in a year of time.

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Yet 2 months ago I started a job ( I was living with my parents until then) and everything that I "learned" of spirituality went through the window. Not only that, but also my baseline level of consciousness suffered a deep regression.

Excellent!!!!! That's reality beating the delusion out of you! Thank God that you have a stressful job, and a stressful life situation, because if you didn't, you wouldn't had the delusion beaten out of you! And that, would have been a true tragedy. 

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Right now 99% of my day consist of getting stressed out to do my job and the rest of the day trying to get a new job. So now basically I literally spend 100% of my cognitive energy of my day on survival stuff! Before I had no job so I could spent maybe 30% in studying so the 70% left I could contemplate, meditate...etc.

Because its time for you to take your spiritual teachings to the next level! You've been sanctioning a block of time a day for meditation and contemplation, and then doing fuck all for the rest of the day. Now God is telling you DO IT ALL THE TIME! NOT JUST WHEN YOU'RE HAPPY AND PEACEFUL, BUT DO IT WHEN YOU'RE STRESSED, LONELY, CONFRONTING FEAR.

If you are only spiritual, and in a deep state of consciousness when you're meditating in the himalayas, then you have spirituality totally fucken wrong.

You should be blissful and loving when you're in the trenches, having an insane trip, in the hospital, confronted by police who want to lock you up in jail, confronted by deadly bosses.

You must, absolutely must, take your spirituality to the next level and use it to confront all these things instead of avoiding them!

The situation you're in now, isn't a mistake, its the next stage of your spiritual growth and development. Its time for you to take embodiment seriously. 

@Javfly33 Look into the minimalist/intentional living stuff. You don't really need a lot to survive and get by in today's world. Cultivate contentment as an extension of your spiritual practice. 

@Javfly33 I totally understand where you are coming from brother. I have tons of basic personal development stuff I need to work on. The way I look at it is.

Don't use spirituality to escape ordinary life. Don't get lost in trying to awaken, and neglect your 'Egoic' life. We need to come from a place where most basic survival needs are meet and furfilled. That being said, one needs to be very smart and strategic. You can do both. And you need to do both. (Because believe me. Once you know about true spirituality, and have had experiences weither from meditation or psychedellics, you can't forget it and delay the work 5-10 years in the future). But you need to slow done, you can't go all in with awakening. Thats the catch. One has to slow down serious spiritual practises. By all means keep doing it, but for now mostly focus on achieving you survival needs. Thats my advice. 

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura Do know of resources or people who are best to figure out how to go from A-L

There are thousands of such resources. Pay a visit to your local bookstore's self-help aisle.

Everyone's path is vastly different, I know personally I had to get at least some basic understanding of non-duality to find that peace within myself before going out and chasing career aspirations, if it wasn't for this my ego would have gotten far too in the way, would have taken things far too personally and too seriously, and thus the stress of that would've surely meant my ultimate failure. But to be fair I hungered this from a young age, had I never found this I would have been lost and forever confused. 

Suffering is an excellent teacher, and it's ultimately showing you the universe in a way sees potential in you. It's easy to love others when things are going well, but try doing that in the face of total darkness, of narcissistic types sucking the pure life out of you, of toxic relationships draining your energy, or when financial burdens begin to creep into your mind. To maintain such compassion in the face of all of this is unbelievably difficult, and yet it will force you to grow and mature very fast. 

It's in the pit of suffering where you will find some of the deepest and most authentic insights, where all your fears and vulnerabilities will be left naked before you. 

8 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Having said that, I admit I did spirituality because of personal development. Maybe 2% was because of Truth´s sake. But still.

I made the mistake of doing spirituality intensely the last years, trying to "trascend" survival. I was just such an naive fool. 

Had some awakenings, some great realizations. Some important healings of the psyche of my ego. Hell I even realized I am not the body or the mind.

Not even psychedelics work it seems. Did some DMT last friday. Had the most amazing afterglow of my life, yet when monday comes, my job kills my back. And no consciousness can help with that. Ego will help me to try to find a better thing and more conscious job.

My advice is, make sure you got basic things sorted out, before you try to do stuff of high level ego development as Leo talks about in his last video .

The path of selfless action and the path of knowledge are the same thing. 

The Bhagavad Gita is written for situations like yours. That's exactly why it's written as a discussion between Krishna and Arjuna (a warrior who is about to fight a great war - your work) .

The Bhagavad Gita is exactly spirituality for those who are in the world and have duties to perform. It's not for people who want to renounce everything and live in a cave. It's to show what right action is - action which is detached from the fruits, selfless action, conscious action - flowing action... So if you are 100% working and have no time to "go deep spiritually" you are actually performing selfless service and are 100% going deep. 

Stay true to yourself. 

Here's an excerpt:

120188198_417266035919472_8095348720016703475_n.jpg

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

26 minutes ago, herghly said:

What youtube channels do you guys recommend  for the basics?

Leo's older videos cover every aspect of self help you'd ever need. 

@electroBeam Great reply

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Leo's older videos cover every aspect of self help you'd ever need.

Not even close.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not even close.

Don't sell yourself short.

After thousands of hours of explaining everything from how reality works to self-help, things start to fall into place. 

The most important thing one can get from your teachings is independent thinking, with subtle nudging in the right direction. 

It just becomes a matter of taking action after so much input. ;)