X_X

Too nihilistic for a Life Purpose?? Any Ideas??

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'd like to find/create my Life Purpose in order to have something to be grounded in and get its strong incentive and motivation to take action towards living passionately and creatively and freely. Though, it seems I can't feed off of the benefits of the motivation that comes with a strong desire to contribute/help the world/people because I find no incentive in it.

I've went through the course a few years ago very sloppy, but I have a good overview of it still. I'd go through it again but every time I'm reminded of how critically it's hinging on a sense of need to contribute, I lose incentive.

My philosophy:
I believe life and the universe is meaningless / absurd ( yes I know meaning is subjective.. that's why I said I believe lol ). My worldview is one of which where there's nothing to improve. Everything is the way it's supposed to be, and for a reason, and everything will change the way it's supposed to change, no matter what I do. Good or bad. The universe doesn't need my help. The universe doesn't care ???.. In another sense, everything I could and would do, would be exactly what the universe had intended. There's no good or bad, there's only happening and it's perfect.

Yet, I'm still human and I'm sure I would still find a lot of joy from the actual experience and practical act of helping people of same being. But I can't pretend as though that had any actual meaning in the cosmic sense. I can't pretend as though it really mattered and that's just not as motivating as truly believing you did "good", or that it in someway matters. That just doesn't give me that sense of purpose that I wish I could utilize for creating and living an amazing life. 

What do you guys (and hopefully u too @Leo Gura ) think? Any advice? ?

PS: I'm not getting that sense of "being needed" by anyone or by the world. It's really hard to feel purposed without that belief and feeling. 

Okay cool, so let's say you don't follow your life purpose, what would you do instead?

Sure you can take the perspective that everything is meaningless and there is truth to that in a certain way. But it doesn't change the fact that you are here right now and have to spend your time somehow.

1 hour ago, X_X said:

I'd go through it again but every time I'm reminded of how critically it's hinging on a sense of need to contribute, I lose incentive.

That's a limiting belief. You talk about the universe being meaningless, yet you hinge on the meaning that a life purpose has to be contributing, practical, 'in accordance' with the artifical definition. Just let me point out this inconsistency. Think about it. If the universe is truly meaningless, shouldn't that also nullify any meaning you prescribe to meaninglesness and the stance of nihilism itself? In search of a meaning, go further down the rabbit hole, don't poke your head back out: Contemplate why the ego is clinging to meaninglesness as being meaningful. 

Remember a life purpose is about raw authenticity. What does that phrase mean to you devoid of people's descriptions? 

Just ponder my Zone of Genius: Exploring the Beauty of the Universe. 

Believing a life purpose has to be practical was actually one of my main limiting beliefs, which stemmed from the influence of others during my childhood and prevented me from finding it. I would come up with looming statements and instantly be bombarded by an inner voice saying, "But is that practical?" Make it as authentic as possible. It's should feel like pouring out your soul on a paper. 

I literally had to travel to the Center of the Earth to see my Life Purpose live. I have kept the magic spark ever since.

Edited by SirVladimir

@X_X Too much theory, philosophy, belief, and BS.

You have no idea what true meaninglessness is. You have some constructed worldview that says one thing, yet the way you live life is completely the opposite of that. If nothing has meaning then why you are you unhappy? You see? You're living in a BS fantasy world of your own construction.

To realize that reality is meaningless is a profound, life-transforming epiphany that will take you decades of work to achieve. You haven't actually achieved it. You've merely created a fake front. Which is why you suffer from it.

The solution is to stop lying to yourself and to ground yourself in direct experience and your current level of development. Your current level is one in which you operate based on good/bad and meaning. All your fear and suffering coming from the latent meanings you assign to things.

Drop you dumb philosophy, open your mind, and start following your heart.

True meaninglessness is not what you think it is. It's Love.

You're right, the universe doesn't need your help. But it is your playground and an expression of your Love, or lack thereof.

You are not here to fix the universe. You are here to discover Love.

Helping people is not done out of some dumb notion of objective right or wrong. It's done out of Love.

The universe is meaningless so that you have the freedom of choice to imbue it with your own personal meaning and style of love.

God is not telling you what to do precisely so that you can decide what is worth doing. And if you decide that the only thing worth doing is pissing your life away, then that's what you've decided.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The universe is meaningless so that you have the freedom of choice to imbue it with your own personal meaning and style of love.

God is not telling you what to do precisely so that you can decide what is worth doing. And if you decide that the only thing worth doing is pissing your life away, then that's what you've decided.

❤️

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To realize that reality is meaningless is a profound, life-transforming epiphany that will take you decades of work to achieve.

@Leo Gura I am interested if you think that there are degrees of realization of the meaningless of life? And if yes, is it possible after 100 percent realization of this that you can go back into the 'normal' experience and act from the memory that once you realized that and not from direct experience?