DVL

Sharing lifechanging experience which everyone should experience

6 posts in this topic

This happened almost 1 year ago. Since then I am remembering it every day. Want to share it with this forum. I do not want to compare it to some experiences I have not experienced or name what this experience was. I want to tell hard facts about what happened. 

Inspired by Leo's videos, that you can understand the truth without any words started meditating every day. I was very skeptical but was admitting that I do not know what Leo is talking about. With that mindset, I was trying to be aware of what is going on 24/7. 

The first realization that there is no difference between reality and a dream: 
Had a lucid dream where have looked around. Was thinking that I will see some gaps in a dream, but there were no gaps. Then I compared it to 'reality' I knew about and there was no difference. It was shocking. Then I touched a person near me in the dream and guess what? I felt her skin. After opening my eyes my mind was very clear and all day was doing staff very productively. 

After 5 months of daily 30 minutes of meditation, I started reading David Goggins's book. He is a motivational speaker and it inspired me to chase my goal (to know the truth). I have raised the meditation session to 1 hour from 30 minutes. It was very painful to sit "so long", but I had this madman mindset and was sitting anyways crying with pain, but without opening my eyes and without moving. On the 5th day after raising the session time, I was sleepy and fall asleep 3 times during the first 40 minutes I guess. After waking from sleep on the third time I have turned on the madman. Made a decision that would not get up until 100 percent I would not know the truth and because I did not want to sleep again started crazy deep fast breathing. Was trying to have attention on my nose while keeping awareness of other things and when I was aware that my attention was gone was shifting attention again on my nose. Had not stopped breathing deeply and after some time my attention was shifting to the thought that I might die, but again was returning attention to the nose. My attention was fixed on the nose after some time, but I noticed that it was not 100 percent nose. It was like imagination and tried to notice the only tip of the nose and nothing else. As soon I was aware that it was the imagination of the nose was shifting to the nose again and was absolutely crazy that it was happening almost without a delay. And after many battles to this, I was aware of the thread of thoughts that was going from my awareness. It felt like magic. After this, I was aware of how intentionally (can not find any better word) was triggering fear of death. 

And at that moment I had the first wtf moment. I had not to fear anymore. It was my making all the time. (realization of triggering fear)

And after this, I was aware of how again intentionally was trying to laugh and to be happy. And second wtf moment. I was making myself to be happy also. (realization of triggering happiness)

After this, I wondered without a thought if there is no fear and is not happy what is then? And realized simultaneously that it was a piece. (realization of the piece)

After this tried to 'look around' what else is happening? And noticed how my abdomen was moving and it was doing by itself. (Third wtf moment) I am not breathing? It is doing breathing itself? Then I noticed that it was like looking from upside to down to the abdomen and shifted my attention from where I was looking. It was behind the eyes. One point. And as soon I was aware of it, it disappeared. Had shifted attention to the heart and everything else had disappeared. Was aware of the form of a heart and how it was beating without attaching it to myself and everything else was disappeared. Then I moved attention slowly to the spine. The spine was hurting but I did not care. 

Then I noticed the detailed form of my body and again it was not me. Everything around my body was dark (nothing) and everything inside the form of my body was also nothing. I was in a sitting posture, but there was nothing down of my body. (Fourth wtf moment)

Then I wondered what was time and realized simultaneously that time was not there (Fifth wtf moment)

Do not knowing what else to do just stopped questioning anything and suddenly I was not aware of my head. Was aware of full body form, but not of the head. (Sixth wtf moment). Was wondering where is my head and it was not there.

After this decided that it was enough of this shit and wanted to go back to my 'normal' experience. After opening my eyes went to the window and was staring outside. What was that? That's it? Everything that I feel and what I 'know' is an illusion? But at this moment I realized that it was a big relief. There was not a point to chase something, because it didn't matter.

Then was time to go to work and went with the metro. Then I noticed that was not judging people around me. If someone was ugly or beautiful or poor or had a bad smell. I was not caring. There was a girl who was fat. Other times when I was noticing that type of girl I had some kind of judgment that I do not like her, but now I was not caring. And it was a big relief. Everything was peaceful.

I do not know what else is out there, but I know that it was a lifechanging experience and every human must experience at least this. What do you guys think? :)

Edited by DVL

This is beautiful. I haven’t really done any meditation. I’ve come to the realisations you have through reading books. I find it so refreshing to read it happening just through meditation that confirms the Holy Spirit/true self/source or whatever name we personally give it is within in and will speak the truth if we ask. The non judgement stuff is huge. I lived 45yrs until this year before I experienced how it is not to judge. I too was a master at judging but now it’s disappeared. Such bliss and peace. 

8 hours ago, GoingHome said:

I’ve come to the realisations you have through reading books.

@GoingHome I do not think you can realize it through reading books (with your intellect). It is something beyond the mind. If you have accessed it through contemplation after reading books ok :), but reading books and grasping it logically is not what I mean in realization

Edited by DVL

3 hours ago, DVL said:

@GoingHome I do not think you can realize it through reading books (with your intellect).

There are many people who got self-realization just by reading or hearing it. Below is the best example.

https://www.quora.com/How-would-you-describe-your-first-real-spiritual-awakening-experience/answer/Dan-Kaplan-23

Some other similar answers for the same question:

https://www.quora.com/How-would-you-describe-your-first-real-spiritual-awakening-experience

Some are temporary realizations, some are permanent. I once read online where someone explained their awakening saying that they entered a room where awakening happened through reading a book (or something else I don't remember exactly)and never left the room(Because the sense of personal self dissolved permanently).

Live awakening simply through pointers:

The person in the above video is a disciple of Ramana Maharshi. His disciple is Mooji, who is continuing the same work.

Edited by PopoyeSailor

@PopoyeSailor For sure there is no path to the truth and you can access it without any practice, but it is unlikely that you will be awaken just like that. Very little chance I think. Leo is saying always that you need decades of meditation to understand anything, but maybe for someone it will be easier. But again it is unlikely. All about chances I think. But you are right my statement was wrong, but what I really think was this what just wrote

16 hours ago, GoingHome said:

I find it so refreshing to read it happening just through meditation

@PopoyeSailor even more excited it would be if she realized it through reading books and because of that I commented like that. Maybe she did but unlikely