28 cm unbuffed

Discipline?!

37 posts in this topic

I did tons of work, I'm a motherfucking beast and great human being, to be honest. Not bragging here or something, not to prove you "Hey, I'm top 5%", whatever. That's not what this post is going to be about.

Maybe it's just human nature, just how things are, but I'm pissed, that there are moments in my life when I don't do the things that I should be doing when I don't find the motivation when I lose the battle with myself. But I can't find motivation big enough to ALWAYS convience me to do these things, that I know, I should be doing. 

Maybe it's just a myth and these successful people are not grinding every day, they lose focus, they do not stick to their daily disciplines and it's just a show for people to show them - Hey dude, you're not there yet, keep moving, keep grinding, you can get there! 

I have no idea how you can become a person that is just disciplined and true to her purpose all the time. Not falling of the track, doing the things that should be doing every single day. Like what the hell? !

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

5 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I did tons of work, I'm a motherfucking beast and great human being, to be honest. 

Lol

6 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Maybe it's just human nature, just how things are, but I'm pissed, that there are moments in my life when I don't do the things that I should be doing when I don't find the motivation when I lose the battle with myself. But I can't find motivation big enough to ALWAYS convience me to do these things, that I know, I should be doing. 

Maybe it's just a myth and these successful people are not grinding every day, they lose they focus, they do not stick to their daily disciplines and it's just a show for people to show them - Hey dude, you're not there yet, keep moving, keep grinding, you can get there! 

I have no idea how you can become a person that is just disciplined and true to her purpuse all the time. Not falling of the track, doing the things that should be doing every single day. Like what the fuck? 

You're a human being stop trying to be a robot. 

Of course no one is perfect, even David Goggins talks about how he fucks up sometimes but the next day he continues the battle. 

23 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Opo

I don't see Goggins or Musk skip a day of trainining / grinding because they don't feel like doing their shit. 

I can't find it now, but I remember Goggins sitting in front of the computer and talking about how he allows himself some time to slack off but then he returns and keeps fighting. 

Musk is just miserable I wouldn't look up to him. 

I know what you mean, I've been down the rabbit hole, I've crossed the gateless gate, I've rested in my nondual state as I Am, and learned the intricacies of neuroscience and psychology, and I'm running out of information to explain why I'm still not perfectly executing the goals I say I want. I've gotten pretty good at following a routine for like a week, but eventually I just want some unstructured fuck-off time to read random Reddit and YouTube stuff, even though I've reached the point where there's no further information I really need to understand any of the following subjects: my childhood trauma, discipline, how my brain works, how to manage my emotions. It's just, I'm not a robot, that's the bottom line. But I have large goals and am not happy about the current amount of time I devote to them. The only thing I can say is I continue to try to get better at making the goals I have into tasks that I can make into habits and start doing more and more unconsciously. Exercising, writing, setting up websites and stuff like that. That's where I'm at now.

@thedoorsareopen

Woah, I've been / am where you've just described. Same as you, it feels like there is no more karma to work on, nothing to do, nowhere to be, but there comes memento mori knocking into your door saying "Hey dude, you're wasting your life, start doing shit!". 

No idea, one day I can work like a robot and go to bed happy, that I did everything that I should've done this day and another day I can just watch Netflix and jerk off for a whole day. Bizzare.

19 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I did tons of work, I'm a motherfucking beast and great human being, to be honest.

Its better to have high self esteem then low self esteem.

Totally get you. I use to feel that way alot and still do. 

I have no idea how you can become a person that is just disciplined and true to her purpose all the time. Not falling of the track, doing the things that should be doing every single day. Like what the hell? !

You've got some wisdom to sort of notice that, that idea of the perfect disciplined man/woman is imaginary and doesn't exist. Even though you're not totally on board with it yet.

To be honest kid... real disciple doesn't come from thrusting yourself into some ideal that you may believe came from you, but actually came from your social conditioning. Real discipline comes from the willingness to LET GO of the social ideals, the beliefs, the dogmas about what you have been indoctrinated into thinking you should be, or should be doing. Real discipline flows naturally. Its what happens by default when you stop getting in the way.

Real discipline is a beautiful, free flowing river, that's running down the rocks as part of its nature. Its not a dam. It doesn't have barricades preventing it from flowing. And what you're doing is trying to make the river flow freely using barricades. 

31 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Its better to have high self esteem then low self esteem.

I don't think it is. 

It seems like people use high self esteem to mask their low self esteem. 

So in order to solve that problem they have to go through an extra step of working through their high self esteem and then their root problem of low self esteem. 

@electroBeam

I totally get what you're saying, I think I still push to hard, try to force things, working on that. Not sure why you called me "kid" tho ?

@Opo

Not sure about the "self-esteem" thing, there might be something to it, but that's like little percentage of what you're saying. I'm pretty aware of when my ego comes in the way to brag and when not. Be humble little bitch ~Kendrick Lamar

Not all people are equally suited to a disciplined lifestyle. Some folks are wired for it while others aren't. You must play to your strengths.

There are advantages to being spontaneous and meandering.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Not sure why you called me "kid" tho ?

Better to be a kid then an adult. 

Try to have some spontaneity in your life. 

Play it between rigidity and freedom. 

You don't have to be so disciplined all the time. 

And most importantly follow your heart. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura @ravlondon

Maybe I'm just deluding myself (don't think so), but I operate so much better while being all around, doing multiple things at a time (not at the same time ofc), that's how I want to grow myself too, reneissance type person. 

@ravlondon

From my experience having morning routine, to somehow start your day and order is really important, clean environment = clear thinking.  

Once you get into the flow, it's really hard to get off that train.