Eren Eeager

What is creativity?

9 posts in this topic

what is its source? what charges it? what separates a creative person from a non creative person? 

Tesla, Leonardo da Vinci and Newton are very creative persons vs some of the more ordinary scientists. What is that made them so creative?

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Best explanation I've come across so far. 

It's (the act of creation based on) association with ideas that are novel and useful.

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Eren Eeager This question cannot be answered by someone else. You will have to experience the answer on your own.

@Eren Eeager exactly.  See if you just borrow the definition of creativity from someone else and just follow it.. That's you failing at the very first step towards being creative. You have to be creative in defining what creativity means ;)

IMO ..creativity is the ability to think outside the box and to see beyond what the ordinary person can see.  Iscac Newton as an example.. He discovered gravity by asking "why does the apple fall on the ground and the moon doesn't fall??" ?.  See some people even today don't understand why lol.  That's how you be creative. Noticing the mystery in the ordinary. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Creativity comes from a long time spent in Deliberate Practice where one practice beyond your comfort zone to improve on a specific goal/skill. When you are outside your comfort zone but not too much your brain will adapt to the situation and it will become easier. Once you have gotten good at a skill you will experience what’s called flow or the flow state it is the reward for learn something hard. The reason someone might not be good at something is simply because of the lack of time spend in deliberate practice. The greats have probably spent 10000 or 20000 hours or more in that state maybe they gave their whole life to be that good.

Quote from Anderson Ericksson:

“The reason that most people don’t possess these extraordinary physical capabilities isn’t because they don’t have the capacity for them, but rather because they’re satisfied to live in the comfortable rut of homeostasis and never do the work that is required to get out of it. They live in the world of “good enough.” The same thing is true for all the mental activities we engage in,”

“What is the exact nature of the ability? and, What sorts of training made it possible? In thirty years of looking, I have never found an ability that could not be explained by answering these two questions.”

“If you wish to become significantly better at something, you can.”

it also has to do with fixed mindset and growth mindset:

In a fixed mindset students believe their basic abilities, their intelligence, their talents, are just fixed traits. They have a certain amount and that's that, and then their goal becomes to look smart all the time and never look dumb. In a growth mindset students understand that their talents and abilities can be developed through effort, good teaching and persistence. They don't necessarily think everyone's the same or anyone can be Einstein, but they believe everyone can get smarter if they work at it.

—Carol Dweck, Stanford University

Edited by BjarkeT

7 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

what is its source? what charges it? what separates a creative person from a non creative person? 

Creativity is non-linear emergence: novelty of structure and content that arises largely independently of its previous substrate. Its source is God, and it's charged by Love.

A non-creative person works with what already is provided and builds on top of it in a predictable and linear fashion. It's like a chameleon climbing up a tree: from the trunk and up to the top. A creative person is like a monkey, jumping from branch to branch, from tree to tree.

Creative people celebrate the unknown for its potential of discovery instead of fearing the potential dangers. Creativity is the source of creation itself, and it's the fundamental property of God. 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Creativity is the source of creation itself, and it's the fundamental property of God. 

Nice!!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.