Leo Gura

Collecting Questions For 1 Million Subs AMA Special Video

345 posts in this topic

@Leo GuraIn one of your episodes, I think it was about survival, you mentioned the idea, that some people might be naturally wired for spirituality - making them more effective at meditation for example. As such path makes the person more selfless, their odds of survival decrease and therefore today they might be even more rare.

Could you elaborate on this idea? Is this your theory? What (scientific) evidence do you have to support that? What role does this (possible) phenomenon play in the evolution of humankind?

On 9/20/2020 at 0:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

Welp, we're getting close to 1 million subs and I suppose an AMA/Q&A video is warranted.

Post your question here and I may select to answer it in the video, which will probably be released in mid-October.

A wise man was once talking about integrity. I wonder what happened? :P @Leo Gura

Leo, I often find my self trying to make time to do some self work, and work to try and realize the true self. However I wonder if I'm wasting my time? I like to do a range of different hobbies, and love spending time with my friends and family. I've used self actualization to basically end the anxiety that I have had throughout my life, and I have greatly grown as a person. I guess my question is, what is the point in giving up this self, and sacrificing everything to reach enlightenment when this is what was meant to be in the first place? If the GREATER self has constructed this world and everything in it including what I use to believe of as the actual me, then why destroy it and become the True nature if we are all already headed that way? If everything wasn't the way it was and everyone was enlightened then nothing would exist? Why not live in the delusion and have the most fun with the ego until it inevitably goes away anyway?  @Leo Gura

Edited by brettjournal

Looking forward to the video. lol.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.