UDT

Can Creativity by itself be a Life Purpose?

24 posts in this topic

Im pondering the LP question for a long time since taking LP Course.

For me it comes down to 

a) Understanding reality on its deepest levels, and especially understanding medicine, biology, chemistry and natural science basically.

b) Creating things like music or businesses or designs for the sake of creation. Creation is like making love with god together if you know what I mean

c) Exploring the capabilities of my phsyical body.

Would you have a suggestion what careers make sense for this to master?  @Leo Gura @Nahm

Because my deep concern here is, that this is too wishy washy and not concrete enough.
And I dont want to make the mistake to dabble. I also know its my job to find it, so I did. At this moment, Im kind of thinking about doing a job with business and design so I can explore medicine and my body on my spare time. But thats not really LP go for it, sounds more like a conservative choice.

Thanks!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Your life purpose is whatever you already are. Who are we to say what is and isn't vague? Let it be authentic. But it's gotta be 100% authentic. 99% isn't enough. That 1% is where all the vagueness is. It's like a gaping hole between 1 and 0. I found shamanic breathing to work well in eradicating dubieties. My body becomes too exhausted to resist, and therefore, paradoxically, becomes most alive. Maybe it will work out for you, too.

I'm not sure about your career options themselves, man. For clarification, I perceive the phrase 'life purpose' as something you bring back down to earth to chisel something pragmatic out of later. I know that trying to forge out careers without first nailing an authentic statement is backwards and won't work in your favor. I would work on looking deep, deep into your nature and finding that statement knowledge first. Grab the chisel later, your paths will seem easier and almost self-revealing with a true statement defined. :)

In how many things that you do can you use your creative capabilities? Do you limit yourself to using it only sometimes or can you actually use it more in many different things in different ways?

@bejapuskas Well creativity is in almost everything! There a dude who paints pictures in Excel. 

@SirVladimir  I understand what youre saying but I don't get it! ? 

See I know myself, I  love moving, medicine, and music. And philosophy ofc. Getting deep insights. Going meta. But I need a job which doesn't kill my soul and brings some money. You know?

If I had 100M$$ I would study medicine just out of interest, do martial arts every day and educate people on the internet about health or have my own gym/ wellness facility.

But right now Im thinking about business strategic design jobs, because it's not so try and it would make money..

I mean Leo did performance marketing from his parents house in like 2008 that's his goldmine.

We're not so fortunate here. I know the core concept never work for money again, and I quit a job because of that ??  But it's not easier..

I'd basically need money to just focus on studying like a monk and educating people for free, so that they are more healthy and make better life choices, buy better food, help themselves and help the planet. 

Reading either (or both) of the two below can help you crack this conundrum. 

Don Miller's - Building a Story Brand 

or 

Seth Godin's - This Is Marketing 

Essentially it is not about what you know or how knowledgable you are but what people are willing to pay you for. There can be a big gap between the two. Basically you need to find your own niche market and create an avatar of your ideal client. The person who will travel countries to go and see you. The one who will love everything you produce and spread the word to other people. It is a grandiose goal to want to serve everyone and to change the world and while the intention is good and genuine it may as well be a pipe dream. I am not saying "don't be a dreamer", rather I am saying "start small and build up" Think about what is the smallest viable market you can serve and define them perfectly and clearly. That is a good start. 

Always remember that the goal here is to serve other people. You are providing a service that is specifically for them. It is tailored exactly to their needs and requirements and because they are your ideal client, they will love you for it. If somebody doesn't like it and they criticise you, that's ok...it was never meant to be for them. Those people are not your market and their opinion does not matter. 

Anyways, rather than listening to me read the above books, these guys are geniuses in conscious and honourable marketing. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, UDT said:

There a dude who paints pictures in Excel. 

I've seen that, yeah, what a perseverance! xD

Regarding the rest of your message, I feel you. I may have figured out what a life purpose is, but mastering survival is another thing. I have been searching for a job that would not rip my soul entirely as well. I am lucky to have a year as a student left; I can tackle the life purpose head-on and after a year, it will be either a college or the market. I can barely think of working at NGOs as a suitable career, and that is only barely. If you are like me, there just does not seem to be a satisfying career. You and I gotta hack-and-slash our own, bull our way through.

But right now Im thinking about business strategic design jobs, because it's not so try and it would make money..

I can sense the raw inauthenticity in that sentence; your soul aching for its true potential, 'Please don't extinguish me!'

I hope someone will be able to give you a better perspective on this matter, because I for sure cannot tackle this issue alone perfectly. Maybe try asking yourself which skills you must master to ace your life purpose. Compare the same skills against the market. Ask yourself, 'Which skills are necessary for me to develop? Where else on the market can I apply these skills?' e.g. My Ideal Medium is writing, and it somehow intersects with copywriting. I actually received my first hundred bucks for a task today. If we take this approach, however, we may, of course, run into the issue of inauthenticity and soul-longing.

Edited by SirVladimir

@UDT Creativity can be fine life purpose but it's too vague. You need to need to clarify what aspects of creativity you want to manifest, how, and why.

There are at least a million unique ways to manifest creativity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Teach people how to be more creative by making a youtube channel that shares tips and resources.

Become a creativity coach.

These are concrete examples.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M  This is an interesting suggestion, just throwing out this question for anyone to answer: do you think one can be coached on how to be creative? I mean, creativity means, that you create something new, if there is intervention from someone else, then what is supposed to be creativity becomes reinventing, don't you think? Do you think that the best way to be a 'creativity coach' is to just be an artist and inspire without pushing anything? 

@bejapuskas there are good resources for be more creative 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 20/09/2020 at 10:42 PM, bejapuskas said:

@Adam M Do you think one can be coached on how to be creative?

Yes but its with everything, you can lay the ground work (same as leo does it for spiral dynamics growth) but the click happens by itself.

I´m basically teaching people about health education, thats what I found very meaningful. 

Because once youre healthy, creativity and expression flows way better.

@UDT

You are creating that there is a life purpose, which imo is a good way to go about living. But if your life purpose is creativity, you’re at a standstill of isness, arguably evidenced by that you already expressed what you desire to do in this life, just, in the form of a question rather than a statement. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In my view, LP is the only way. I might have some isssues Im unaware of, but when I picture 2/3s of my life in a cubicle doing meaningless work I think about living in a van or suicide. 

@Nahm Im not sure I understand what you mean with "isness" and, yes, I know what I desire but it seems unreachable.. Thats what kills my soul a little..

Question is, why do I have visions which are very unreachable, is it to have an unreachable carrot in front of my face, is it some type of shadow ? 

Edited by UDT

23 minutes ago, UDT said:

when I picture 2/3s of my life in a cubicle doing meaningless work I think about living in a van or suicide.

A part of doing the work should be finding real-world tangible actions you can take to reduce the effect of your fear. The list of actions comes after finding your life purpose. I have ten of them; my safety switch is knowing if everything goes irreversibly wrong, I can always book a plane and live in a monastery.

Leo just shared this video on the blog:

Those are some next-level monks.

Instead of committing a suicide, I invite you to come with me. We'd live there together, browsing the forum still and diving deep. xD

53 minutes ago, UDT said:

In my view, LP is the only way. I might have some isssues Im unaware of, but when I picture 2/3s of my life in a cubicle doing meaningless work I think about living in a van or suicide. 

@Nahm Im not sure I understand what you mean with "isness" and, yes, I know what I desire but it seems unreachable.. Thats what kills my soul a little..

Question is, why do I have visions which are very unreachable, is it to have an unreachable carrot in front of my face, is it some type of shadow ? 

Creativity as a life purpose is inherently unreachable because creativity can not be claimed or possessed by a you. If your purpose, in the sense ‘pursuit’, is creativity, then you already believe it is to be found  / you have it not, and have made a carrot of it. I would simply drop the concept and realize you’re experiencing the actuality of it, as the very means by which you can create a life purpose. 

“Kills my soul” is a cover up for what’s really going on with / within you. Removing the cover up reveals perspectives that don’t resonate. 

That said...in as few words as possible, two or three being ideal...what is it which you know you most desire?  And why is it unreachable? 

On 9/20/2020 at 1:42 PM, bejapuskas said:

do you think one can be coached on how to be creative?

Of course. Entire books and workshops have been developed on this subject.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 21/09/2020 at 6:42 AM, bejapuskas said:

@Adam M  This is an interesting suggestion, just throwing out this question for anyone to answer: do you think one can be coached on how to be creative? I mean, creativity means, that you create something new, if there is intervention from someone else, then what is supposed to be creativity becomes reinventing, don't you think? Do you think that the best way to be a 'creativity coach' is to just be an artist and inspire without pushing anything? 

The mechanics of creativity can be taught, however, the unique ways in which one does it cannot.

On 23/09/2020 at 11:15 PM, Nahm said:

That said...in as few words as possible, two or three being ideal...what is it which you know you most desire?  And why is it unreachable? 

@Nahm Yes.  I´d like to be either Jimi Hendrix or a more healthy Dr.House

Unreachable because Im neither a gifted left handed musician, nor a med student.

1 hour ago, UDT said:

@Nahm Yes.  I´d like to be either Jimi Hendrix or a more healthy Dr.House
Unreachable because Im neither a gifted left handed musician, nor a med student.

Revisiting your initial title, “Can Creativity By Itself Be A Life Purpose?” 

Yes, and that isn’t the same as “Can I Be Someone Else Who Is Creative?”

If you want to understand reality at it’s deepest level, and can be lighthearted, curious, and genuinely interested...inspect direct experience until you unequivocally know exactly why you are not being Jimi Hendrix or Dr. House. It would be wasteful and limiting, imo. 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, UDT said:

For me it comes down to 

a) Understanding reality on its deepest levels, and especially understanding medicine, biology, chemistry and natural science basically.

This is ‘accomplished’ by no longer believing thoughts Which do not resonate, like needing to be gifted or not, or needing to be left handed or not. Without these limiting beliefs, play guitar right handed, and start learning some of Jimi’s songs. You’re experience his essence as you do, and learn a lot. If you want to be a med student, take the first step, see what’s required for you to do. In a rudimentary way, you’re believing you’d have to already be something, or be doing something, to begin doing something. Notice no one is standing in your way. Most people, at least most people here, are rooting for you 100%. 

b) Creating things like music or businesses or designs for the sake of creation. Creation is like making love with god together if you know what I mean

Then make them for the sake of making them, wether it’s initially income related or not. Again, you’re creating no matter what you do, you’re choosing. Denial of this is not transcendence of this. Dreamboard is a fun easy way to do these things you want to do. 

c) Exploring the capabilities of my phsyical body.

Start with meditation & detaching from thoughts which aren’t serving you, and learning how to play Jimi’s songs right handed. :) 

If what you really want is to make money, and to do so doing what you love most...using both to do neither isn’t going to accomplish either. Do either with your heart leading and you’ll inevitably end up doing both.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

In a rudimentary way, you’re believing you’d have to already be something, or be doing something, to begin doing something. Notice no one is standing in your way. Most people, at least most people here, are rooting for you 100%. 

Oh bullseye. ? 

I might believe that I stand in my way.. Guilty that I have certain chances but I fail.

Im moving in both, Jimis and Dr. Houses direction, but here is the final boss: How do I know I am doing enough? How do I know I am not delusional in my endeavor? You know by finding out only? 

I guess I should tattoo "do more" into my forearm.