Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beginner Mind

You are already fulfilled

14 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder that you are already complete and fulfilled at your core.  If you doubt this, I urge you to be aware of being aware.  Simply notice that you are aware, and stay in that experience.  Gradually, peace and fulfillment will emerge.  Enjoy. :)

36 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Gradually, peace and fulfillment will emerge.

That's your experience?

29 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

That's your experience?

Yes.  Be aware of being aware, and you will see for yourself. :)

7 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Yes.  Be aware of being aware, and you will see for yourself. :)

Can you be more specific?

What do you think about the teachings of Nisagardatta Maharaj of sticking to the "i am" feeling? 

53 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Can you be more specific?

What do you think about the teachings of Nisagardatta Maharaj of sticking to the "i am" feeling? 

The experience of being aware is the 'I am'.  No difference.  To rest in the 'I am' is to rest as awareness.  However, I prefer to talk about it in terms of being aware of being aware; telling someone to locate the 'I am' may just confuse them.

'What is' is all there is and you are it. What more fulfilment is needed? Yes, being aware of your existential nature helps 'see' this, but even without this understanding, you're still existentially complete and 'fulfilled', because Being is infinite and self- contained and you embody it.

3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

'What is' is all there is and you are it. What more fulfilment is needed? Yes, being aware of your existential nature helps 'see' this, but even without this understanding, you're still existentially complete and 'fulfilled', because Being is infinite and self- contained and you embody it.

Yeah, but it is nice to realize this. Otherwise is like having 1 billion dollars in a bank account that you are not aware of while dying of hunger and sleeping in the streets. 

30 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

The experience of being aware is the 'I am'.  No difference.  To rest in the 'I am' is to rest as awareness.  However, I prefer to talk about it in terms of being aware of being aware; telling someone to locate the 'I am' may just confuse them.

Agree. I prefer to use 'what is' for that reason, because it doesn't assume a pull for a location. 

9 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Slow down there, Tony Parsons. ;)

I can only speak from personal experience, and from personal experience it is known that being aware of being aware reveals a sense of fulfillment.  I don't claim to be enlightened by any means.  I'm just becoming more familiar with my true nature.  For now, that's sufficient.

22 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Yeah, but it is nice to realize this. Otherwise is like having 1 billion dollars in a bank account that you are not aware of while dying of hunger and sleeping in the streets. 

Yes realizing you're a 'billionaire', using your metaphor, would change everything B|

9 hours ago, StudentOfLeove said:

@Beginner Mind

"This words do not solve my suffering."

What do you think about that type of person, what would you say to them?

Of course words won't alleviate your suffering.  You have to actually do the practice.  Just be aware of being aware, and stay there.  It may take 10 minutes, it may take an hour.  Every body-mind is different.  But rest assured, sooner or later, peace and fulfillment will present itself.