Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TripleFly

Help me maintain mindfulness and hold my heart!

11 posts in this topic

Hi~

During my day job I tend to forget to do 1 thing at a time, the stress and the demands of the job can quickly and easily push me over into forgetfulness and the next moment of remembrance of the present is in the midst of collective negative judgmental thoughts and anguish. Oh shit I just lost myself too deep and I am getting too invested, overthinking, judgmental and emotional. This is really inconvenient.

I would really like to reduce the mental/emotional exhaustion and suffering.

Another interesting element; getting in the flow allows time to pass by, and 8 hours of working can pass easily and effortlessly, how lovely! 

But how the hell did I activate this flow while doing a job I don't like. It's a mindfuck.  Why I think it's important I don't grow the dislike anymore, as much as I can.

I thought, oh mantras!~ that's a great way to bring myself back, perhaps even to build a lovely place in my headspace to which I can return to. Like going back home.

Do you guys have any mantras or anything like that? What do you do when you find yourself in judgement, overly invested, and overthinking? :) 

How can I deepen my connection to my heart instead of loosening it? Feeling is the answer but feeling often leads me to feel into others exhaustion and pain which 'infects' me with it too, know this issue?

There are no magic solutions for this problem, you have to be very persistent and go back to mindfulness each time you catch yourself lost in thoughts.

It may also help:

- Meditating in the morning/before going to work. 

- Taking 5 minutes breaks to meditate here and there.

- Surrendering your attachment to particular results as much as you can. Resistance and judgament make the mind restless.

- Thinking of your work as a spiritual practice. Instead of measuring your success according to how well the work is done, meassure it by how mindful you are. This will actually improve your work results also.

- Practice love. Learn about "Loving Kindness Meditation" and apply to your work and life in general.

Edited by Fran11

3 hours ago, TripleFly said:

Hi~

During my day job I tend to forget to do 1 thing at a time, the stress and the demands of the job can quickly and easily push me over into forgetfulness and the next moment of remembrance of the present is in the midst of collective negative judgmental thoughts and anguish. Oh shit I just lost myself too deep and I am getting too invested, overthinking, judgmental and emotional. This is really inconvenient.

The stress and demands are not of the job or work. There is no job, work, stress, or demands, outside of your defining of them. 

I would really like to reduce the mental/emotional exhaustion and suffering.

Indeed, that is they key...to realize that is the only ‘place’ this is transpiring. There is no causation, ‘it’, you, is one whole experience. Look for the instances where a ‘that’ caused a ‘you’ the metal/emotional exhaustion & suffering...and deconstruct that experience every time it occurs. Inspect more nuance, with more acuity, to reveal to yourself it is all emanating from you / that there is no actual causation. 

Another interesting element; getting in the flow allows time to pass by, and 8 hours of working can pass easily and effortlessly, how lovely! 

Lovely yes, but careful to inspect that too. Would not want too much of a pattern to build there. Balance it out with the opposite. Bring time to standing still right before your eyes while ‘at work’. In many ways, that is the path to transcending the paradigm of ‘work’ vs ‘not work’, discovering ever-presence-unconditional, liberating oneself in terms of mental scope to many financial opportunities beyond the trading of time for money. One way to point to this...instead of desiring the quicker passing of time, keep a piece of paper and pen in your pocket...and dial into time, the miracle & infinite intelligence of now, and manifest your dream financial situation around you. Attract mindfully, rather than categorizing chunks of time as ‘work’ vs ‘not work’...always creating. 

But how the hell did I activate this flow while doing a job I don't like. It's a mindfuck.  Why I think it's important I don't grow the dislike anymore, as much as I can.

Indeed. It is manifest-retardant. 

I thought, oh mantras!~ that's a great way to bring myself back, perhaps even to build a lovely place in my headspace to which I can return to. Like going back home.

Not in the head, imo, in ‘reality’! In feeling ever present love, and wandering in this impossible perception. You’re never really ‘at work’, you’re in the mind of God - “at work”. The otherwise seemingly mundane, realized, can bring you to the ground anywhere.

Do you guys have any mantras or anything like that? What do you do when you find yourself in judgement, overly invested, and overthinking? :) 

I realize it’s not quite fitting and aligning because I am lighthearted in truth, and laughter is the best medicine. Then I am loving and wishing well what I previously judged (took for granted / looked right past / didn’t even notice ‘who’ it really was). For the ‘overly invested’ / ‘overthinking’...more thinking won’t do, investing in anything thing won’t do. The breath, perception, feeling...letting thought and or focus upon it truly ‘go’. In true presence you might say, nothing was ever needed, and so that illustrates the ‘return’ to ‘it’. 

How can I deepen my connection to my heart instead of loosening it? Feeling is the answer but feeling often leads me to feel into others exhaustion and pain which 'infects' me with it too, know this issue?

Indeed. Empathy is critical and necessary on many many levels. Empathy also doesn’t exist in so far as can be thought / conceptualized. Notice the reverse of the orientation of your question...what it points to. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

The stress and demands are not of the job or work. There is no job, work, stress, or demands, outside of your defining of them. 

Indeed, that is they key...to realize that is the only ‘place’ this is transpiring. There is no causation, ‘it’, you, is one whole experience. Look for the instances where a ‘that’ caused a ‘you’ the metal/emotional exhaustion & suffering...and deconstruct that experience every time it occurs. Inspect more nuance, with more acuity, to reveal to yourself it is all emanating from you / that there is no actual causation. 

Lovely yes, but careful to inspect that too. Would not want too much of a pattern to build there. Balance it out with the opposite. Bring time to standing still right before your eyes while ‘at work’. In many ways, that is the path to transcending the paradigm of ‘work’ vs ‘not work’, discovering ever-presence-unconditional, liberating oneself in terms of mental scope to many financial opportunities beyond the trading of time for money. One way to point to this...instead of desiring the quicker passing of time, keep a piece of paper and pen in your pocket...and dial into time, the miracle & infinite intelligence of now, and manifest your dream financial situation around you. Attract mindfully, rather than categorizing chunks of time as ‘work’ vs ‘not work’...always creating. 

Not in the head, imo, in ‘reality’! In feeling ever present love, and wandering in this impossible perception. You’re never really ‘at work’, you’re in the mind of God - “at work”. The otherwise seemingly mundane, realized, can bring you to the ground anywhere.

I realize it’s not quite fitting and aligning because I am lighthearted in truth, and laughter is the best medicine. Then I am loving and wishing well what I previously judged (took for granted / looked right past / didn’t even notice ‘who’ it really was). For the ‘overly invested’ / ‘overthinking’...more thinking won’t do, investing in anything thing won’t do. The breath, perception, feeling...letting thought and or focus upon it truly ‘go’. In true presence you might say, nothing was ever needed, and so that illustrates the ‘return’ to ‘it’. 

Indeed. Empathy is critical and necessary on many many levels. Empathy also doesn’t exist in so far as can be thought / conceptualized. Notice the reverse of the orientation of your question...what it points to. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Nahm It's about back to simply being in the present moment isn't it? Pristine clear and pure, Returning and anchoring yourself in the body. And I guess flow will simply happen from time to time as a result of being in the present. 

This is the whole teaching???? xD  I am baffled by how simple it turned out to be.

I feel like I have a similar problem. I have so much to do during the day. I wouldn't say I'm very stressed, but my mind gets sucked into this daily rush. So here or there I feel self-doubts, frustration, tensions in my body. And by the end of the day I feel dissatisfied with myself, 'coz I wanted to stay centered and mindful.

I only meditate in the mornings. During the day it's always seem like I can't spare a minute to practise mindfulness.

I actually think that my dissatisfaction with my spiritual work is the main reason I stuck. My expectations bring me down. I expected that I'll do better but I don't.

I believe in positive thinking. That if I stop telling myself: 'you're no good at spiritual work', and be kind and patient forwards myself, the problem will solve itself. So what I do is I kinda try to let go of this situation, tell myself: 'just do what you can'.

Body awareness (combined with the breath) is huge. Train yourself to let go of the random tensions in your body during the day. Maybe take a few deep breaths as well.

If you haven't already, check out Leo's video about body awareness. There's also a great book on his booklist about it (currently reading it and I find it quite useful).

1 hour ago, nistake said:

Train yourself to let go of the random tensions in your body during the day. Maybe take a few deep breaths as well.

yeah I actually try to do that

thanks))

8 hours ago, Singh said:

I feel like I have a similar problem. I have so much to do during the day. I wouldn't say I'm very stressed, but my mind gets sucked into this daily rush. So here or there I feel self-doubts, frustration, tensions in my body. And by the end of the day I feel dissatisfied with myself, 'coz I wanted to stay centered and mindful.

I only meditate in the mornings. During the day it's always seem like I can't spare a minute to practise mindfulness.

I actually think that my dissatisfaction with my spiritual work is the main reason I stuck. My expectations bring me down. I expected that I'll do better but I don't.

I believe in positive thinking. That if I stop telling myself: 'you're no good at spiritual work', and be kind and patient forwards myself, the problem will solve itself. So what I do is I kinda try to let go of this situation, tell myself: 'just do what you can'.

Meditation is something you do in block(s) once (or more) each day.

Outside of meditation you should try to stay as much mindful and present as you can in what you are doing at the moment and thus use your mind as less as possible.

This will help you to avoid over burdening yourself with useless (or negative) thoughts, mind patterns and emotions.

Write your mind patterns down in the area where you encounter most difficulty in your spare time and analyze them.

Once you analyze and understand them, they will start melting under your eyes.

Awareness is curative :)