TripleFly

Help me fall in love with a job I don't like

14 posts in this topic

Hi~

Due to corona and conditions in my country I am struggling to find a job than the one I currently have, which is doing groceries for people who shop online. It doesn't sound hard but it's not easy physically shopping for 8 hours, it really gets your back and muscles hurting. Add the the mental and emotional drain from being around rude and compulsive people all day.

I am currently taking a course in programming.

So in 6 months I should be able to land a job and things should work better.

The issue is, I come home exhausted and I have a few hours to sit down and study and practice. It is really hard to study after doing a job you don't like for 8 hours.

The mental exhaustion from repelling all the obnoxious people.

The physical exhaustion...

And if I find myself not studying, then I feel really anxious, since I am only working this job to support me while I wait to finish my course. So if this job causes me to study less, then it scares me!

I can't quit this job, because I can't find anything else right now, corona...

So I am thinking, the only way for me here is to really double down on my breathwork practice and other spiritual practices, to gain more energy. 

And of course, the best way to conserve and be less exhausted, is to fall in love with what I am doing.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

First off: A man without fear cannot be powerless-Saber.  

I have been there.  You just have to keep your foot in it.  Meaning, keep your head down and work hard.  Everything is temporary.  I suggest studying the law of attraction.  On on YouTube and search Richard Doty’s audiobooks.  I recommend let the universe lead you.  These have helped me a ton on my path throughout the years.  At the end of the day, it is about maintaining inner peace.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

Damn at the same place as you. With the difference that my job is far away from the city so now it's difficult to find time and energy not only to study but also to go to the city to work on my social skills

5 hours ago, TripleFly said:

So in 6 months I should be able to land a job and things should work better.

And when you are old you will get your pension and then you can start to live your life! Never sell the present for the future. While it is true that your life will improve over time when you do the right work, you can always be fulfilled and happy by the actions you take right now. Starting this thread was the first step to this, you are on the right track!

The mental exhaustion from repelling all the obnoxious people.

While I see that this can be exhausting, don't give your power away to people so easily. I'd recommend you to do the Sedona Method to release what you find obnoxious about these people. Accepting the obnoxiousness in others will make it easier for you to deal with them.

The physical exhaustion...

And if I find myself not studying, then I feel really anxious, since I am only working this job to support me while I wait to finish my course. So if this job causes me to study less, then it scares me!

Again, apply the same method from above to these situations. When you can accept that you'r not able to study as much with your current job, you can grind the programming course while not being scared or beating yourself up over some slacking in that area. Release on the need for control. That will help you with your stress level and in turn give you more power to study.

You can even release the feelings of physical exhaustion and tiredness.

Another thing I'd recommend is changing the perspective, the story. Basically positive thinking. You do not only to this job to sustain yourself while you study to get out of it. You also do it to get stronger, build muscles, gain knowledge of food products and pricing and to learn what are your strength and weaknesses, what aspects of this job you like and which you don't like.

See if this might be a limiting belief. Maybe you can find something else, even during corona.

And of course, the best way to conserve and be less exhausted, is to fall in love with what I am doing.

Yes, you can fall in love with the present moment. You can fall in love with yourself. Fall in love with the kind of work you envision yourself to do.

❤️

I recently heard Shinzen Young talking about doing mundane boring tasks and it being an ecstasy if you develop enough concentration. He said something like, anything done in a state of high concentration becomes ecstasy (heavily paraphrasing here).

That's quite true in my experience. I work what might seem like a boring job of doing kitchen work all day, but with high concentration, it becomes a seamless flow and bliss.

Maybe try to meditate on your movements/physical body, while working? It might also help you keep your posture ideally in balance with gravity etc, making you use like 10x less energy (I'm not exaggerating much here!). Have you read Peter Ralston's book about effectively using the body? You could use some of his tips and enjoy the work time practicing body-mastery instead of purely not enjoying it. 

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

13 hours ago, neutralempty said:

Do Physical Exercises ( like burpees ) to be able to endure the physical stress better. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, green-leafy vegetables, beans and legumes. Berries are also very good against stress, they are high in antioxidants!

Do no-fap to have more sexual energy. You have something to look forward to while getting groceries, you might get to see some attractive ladies ( or men, which ever you like) in the supermarkets, that might make it easier.

See your situation as a challenge to give up your expectations and attachments. Giving them up is freedom for you, this is some solid practice. Emerge with the service because service is selfless and selflessness is freedom.

Look forward to the day this won't be an issue anymore! Whenever you struggle with the current situation, remind yourself of how this will be soon all over and you will be much happier and more successful in life, because you will, just long for the day! Think the suffering further don't stay in the moment of suffering, it can't be forever like this. What will happen after you have suffered through this?

Don't worry about skipping some programming classes, you can repeat them another time. 

I am in a very very similar situation like you right now. I have to work (20h a week) and study (50h a week) and I am making little money while swimming in a 30k ? debt pool.

We all love you ❤️

Thanks. You are absolutely right (:  Already doing all that you suggested, day 30 nofap, I do sun salutations in the morning, and I eat mostly fruits and veggies fasting 20 hours a day. I am going to get greens and frozen berries to blend as a daily shake from now on too.

The biggest takeaway is that I am letting go of perfectly studying and putting in the time even though my goal is school > work, I have to release and favor work sometimes. 

I think I'll be okay, I just need to let time pass.

Don't see yourself as a victim of the situation, see it as hustling to reach a bigger goal!

Also, you might want to get some sound blocking earplugs or listen to audiobooks while on the job, I can imagine it being pretty enjoyable that way actually.

If you struggle with energy def. work out or do some running 20 mins every other day should already be enough.

On 19/09/2020 at 3:19 AM, TripleFly said:

So I am thinking, the only way for me here is to really double down on my breathwork practice and other spiritual practices, to gain more energy. 

totally agree with you

it really gets your back and muscles hurting.

Your back muscles are pleading for you to listen to them and give them attention. Just feel very deeply into them during the day. So much so that you start to feel bliss there. 

Add the the mental and emotional drain from being around rude and compulsive people all day.

Your emotions are pleading for you to listen to them and give them attention. Just feel very deeply into them during the day. So much so that you start to feel bliss there. 

The beginning of accepting the present moment, love it!

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

totally agree with you

Your back muscles are pleading for you to listen to them and give them attention. Just feel very deeply into them during the day. So much so that you start to feel bliss there. 

Your emotions are pleading for you to listen to them and give them attention. Just feel very deeply into them during the day. So much so that you start to feel bliss there. 

The beginning of accepting the present moment, love it!

On 9/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Godhead said:

Don't see yourself as a victim of the situation, see it as hustling to reach a bigger goal!

Also, you might want to get some sound blocking earplugs or listen to audiobooks while on the job, I can imagine it being pretty enjoyable that way actually.

If you struggle with energy def. work out or do some running 20 mins every other day should already be enough.

W_O_N_D_E_R_F_U_L_L

maybe take modafinil and take it on the days you want to work on your course in the evenings if you have pre existing health issues!!! i take modafinil on the days i want to do extra work on  other stuff after a full day of my day job!!!

On 9/25/2020 at 5:07 AM, Tom T said:

maybe take modafinil and take it on the days you want to work on your course in the evenings if you have pre existing health issues!!! i take modafinil on the days i want to do extra work on  other stuff after a full day of my day job!!!

I don't have any health issues. Thanks.

“Be happy, even if you don’t like it” - Peter Ralston.

What’s the alternative?

Either you create passion for what you do and master it or you spend your days miserable. Otherwise, change your circumstances.

Since you want the money, you want to do the job! This is easily taken for granted.

When you want to reach a goal and the process involves taking a step you don’t like, you still want to do it — since you have to do it in order to reach your goal.

Consider, too: Is there anyone doing the same job but with a positive attitude? Try to adopt that mindset.

You are responsible for creating passion.

Edited by Arzola

Get your hormones checked and see where your testosterone levels are at. Usually, physical exhaustion doing something like work comes from low-test levels (including depression and anxiety, etc..), this is why NO-FAP is so popular because it can cause an increase in levels within the first seven days and significant energy increase thereafter. But, it doesn't defeat Testerone Replacement Therapy (TRT). Otherwise, you can meditate more often and find natural supplements that can boost energy (for me, that would be maca root and ashwagandha). 

Edited by Pudgey