Michael569

A Life of Purpose

246 posts in this topic

@Michael569 Oh good, you catch on faster than I do, it took me forever to realize how much easier it would be to just get one. xD 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Few of my favourite health books worth reading

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Few of my favourite health books worth reading

I yesterday only saw you had a YT channel. subscribed without even looking at videos. I am Savvychant on insta that asks questions to you. Anyway best wishes for growing YT channel.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan thank you sir!

I'm taking break from Insta for some time but I'll be back at some point. Feel free to drop any question here or DM ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

A little bit of food science ^_^ 

I've heard people talk about the benefits of infrared saunas but never went to explore it myself. The first week of January we went for a skiing trip to AusAustria and after 3 days of skiing my old knee injury from judo days started coming back up to the surface....been a while since I heard from that one. After 30 minutes of infrared sauna that pain was completely gone and I haven't heard from it since. Interesting stuff! If we ever get to build that house of ours, IR sauna booth may become a part of it ^_^

Shopping for new cameras with decent vlogging abilities as well as decent photo-taking abilities has been taking funny turns. I've now self-approved and then rejected about 10 models. Just when I get ready to buy, I watch another review that shits all over that camera and I'm back to ground zero. Feel like I'm way overthinking this. "yeah yeah the content is more important then the quality" I hear ya...Working on that too!!I'm pretty decided on a compact action camera. No more bulky DSLR, no more big ass lenses that I don't even use and that takes forever to take out which is the main reason I'm not even taking any pictures lately. I used to be passionate about photography and returning to same spots over and over but I feel like I lost that one quite a bit and now it is more about documenting and keeping memories rather than getting that perfect picture of a flower or sunset. And since I'm not really using my old Nikkon anymore, I may be selling it along with all lenses and replacing it with something small & neat (all-in-one) kinda thing. I thought G7X Mark III was that until I heard all about overheating issues, shit battery life and autofocus issues......suffice to say.... the hunt for THE camera continues. 

I'm pleased with reading a bit more this year. One of my 5 goals for this year is to read 100 pages of a chosen book each week. Not a lot but my reading has taken a huge backlash over past 2 years so if I can keep this up, I'll be quite happy. Ideally it would turn to 200 at some point, that'd be awesome. Work in progress 

I'm quite happy with this one. Felt good to reconnect with all those old memories from Greece. ^_^

Back to some cooking this week.  One of my fav recipes, thought I'd shoot a recipe for it. Enjoy!

I'm a few weeks into Seth Godin's marketing course and the message is clear - my nisching is insufficient. The market I'm trying to talk to is too big, too diversified and most of all too unspecific. My marketing strategies are driven by a scarcity mindset and fear to be more specific. 

I waste so much time on random service sites where people expect this service to cost 20 pounds per hour and who are not prepared to make a single ounce of change. This makes it difficult to choose my research focus, topics of videos and most of all it is impossible to gain expertise in an area so wide and random. Damn, I used to be so naive during my studies when I thought that I'd just be taking everyone, dealing with all diseases :D healing people left and right....ah the sweet nativity of a student. 

The course is pretty intense, lot of interaction calls and daily lessons requiring homework but I love that intensity. This feels like the missing link I've been looking for to take this support to the next level. 

I love working with guys on different aspects of mental health, energy metabolism and stress but the area is just too wide so going forward I'll be exploring nisching options which will also help with more specific advertisement strategies. This should also help make my videos more specific, better research and more targeted to only very few conditions. Most importantly it is important that I figure out who this material is NOT for and who it IS for. 

Being able to say "not for you" is something I've been struggling with and most stage yellow marketers pinpoint this as a critical mistake. Looking forward to getting deeper on the course and getting more insight on all these topics. 

Had a lot of fun making this one and recording it. Enjoy ^_^

When marketing is done right ^_^

30 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

When marketing is done right ^_^

That was amazing

It's Love.

Lately, I think I've been putting too much on my plate and will need to start saying "no" to things a little bit, potentially including this forum. I might have been a bit too ambitious in January with signing up for all these courses & seminars. Got 4 things lined up at the moment that require weekly commitment and weekly (sometimes daily) prep. I feel my knowledge is expanding a lot these months but it is coming at a cost of sacrificing a lot of free time, downtime and chill so I'll need to think about how to reduce the burden load to prevent a burn-out. 

I'm really enjoying Seth Godin's marketing seminar and despite continuously falling behind on the homework sessions, I've been learning a lot about my potential niche market that I am keen to start getting into. I am getting more and more clear on who I really want to work with but am a bit scared of what it will eventually mean. Will I need to do another website? Change name? Change all the forms? Lots of questions that have no answers yet. For now I'm trying not to think of the consequences and just following along, doing the exercises and brainstorming. 

A few things I think have been going well this year so far is staying consistent with 1 video per week, that's been fun to do. I am definitely reading much more than before although I struggle to hit 100 pages per week target my coach help me set up. The clinic has also been way busier than previous months which is great and I need to ensure I'm not putting any of the things above ahead of my clinical obligations which takes absolute priority. 

...oh and the situation in Ukraine is fucked up.

wise words, wise words ^_^