Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
susanyzm

What do you write in your journal?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I would like to know what you write in your journal?

My journal consists of four parts: 1. Gratitude; 2. Small progress I make; 3. What I've learned; 4. The life I want (just one sentence). 

I'm also starting a separate limiting belief busting journal because they've been haunting me for years and need some serious digging.

I found a lot of inspiration from the journal section in this forum too and I've just started a self-love journal there. I would like to hear general ideas about journals and how you feel about it. Thank you! 

It depends on my mood, but I usually do 2 types of journaling:

1. Contemplation (Serious topics like non-duality)

2. Stream of consciousness (I just write whatever's on my mind. This tends to be chaotic and unorganized. The purpose is just to let it all out.)

I usually publicly journal about the things that would make sense for me to refine in the first place and something in wouldn't write just for myself, so its something i want to share to others too, so they can relate, be entertained or even benefit from it.

Some of the things - describing a past experience, reflecting on it and sharing my insights or rambles;

Refining my opinions about something, for example - reassuming and refining what i think exactly is my music taste and maybe i have some intetesting stories to tell about some artists and what i know/learned from or about them. Since i can also post youtube vids on music and people do read and have commented on my previous jornals which i did hide. xD I wouldn't do that in private, i would just listen to music.

Refining some opinions of why should i eat healthy what are the benefits if i do and what would happen if i don't.

My creative struggles - because in depth these are not talked about enough.

Life struggles in general are not talked about, since we tend to say things better than they are or just blatantly lie about them that i have done.

Sharing my addictions like masturbation, junk food, computer game addictuon e.c.t., other insecurites like needing to be everyone's friend and if somebody doesn't say hi to you your day is ruined (very socially conditioned thing troughout our lifetimes), what my thinking models about people are e.c.t I ak not saying you have to do that, but i have done and i gained alot of insights.

On 2020/9/18 at 4:08 PM, nistake said:

2. Stream of consciousness (I just write whatever's on my mind. This tends to be chaotic and unorganized. The purpose is just to let it all out.)

I tried that too. It's quite helpful in identifying what's in the subconscious. 

On 2020/9/18 at 5:08 PM, Applegarden said:

Sharing my addictions like masturbation, junk food, computer game addictuon e.c.t., other insecurites like needing to be everyone's friend and if somebody doesn't say hi to you your day is ruined (very socially conditioned thing troughout our lifetimes), what my thinking models about people are e.c.t

This is quite helpful. I think I'll include it in my limiting belief busting journal. Seems like you have done a lot into self-searching. Thank you for sharing!